Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer school for teenagers who want to pursue a career as a social media influencer.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Well, the headline is right. People don't realise how much work it is.

It's not a bad idea to have such a course. Folks can make reasonable money doing it, and knowing how to do it better will make one more successful. As long as there are no false expectations being set, "Take this course, and you'll have a Lambo by age 25", doesn't seem a bad idea.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I hope it also properly addresses the obligations on influencers to abide by ASAI rules, and general advertising and consumer laws and declare ads properly. So much abuse of this going on by influencers who should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Not my cup of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suppose it will/should focus on entrepreneurship. If you make money you need to have a business, pay taxes etc.

Advertisement