Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ooni pizza ovens & accessories thread

Comments

Yeah I’d give him his present early.

My husband is having great craic cooking on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 redgerry

Would greatly appreciate a referral code if possible . Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

redgerry wrote: »
    Would greatly appreciate a referral code if possible . Thanks!

Have you tried GW10%-11203

It was posted a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

GW10%-11204 working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ms vieria

Ordered the kids 12 on the 16th April. Received email to say it is on the way to me this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Just went an ordered the Karu multi fuel. Have to wait for the gas connection to come into stock but we can manage till then. Really looking forward to it, love the idea of cooking other things besides pizza. We'll be able to use in the caravan when we start to get away for weekends and hopefully in France this yr. Hopefully season won't be over when we get it..

• Moderators Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

FYI. I raised a support ticket with ooni asking about reduced shipping as I wanted some accessories but shipping was too expensive. They replied asking for my order number for the Koda and email address and then gave me a free shipping voucher code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭CWF

Any discount codes going?

CWF wrote: »
    Any discount codes going?

What's wrong with the one that was posted 4 posts before yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

it works, it tipped me over the edge there and I just bought one. Wasn't able to resist any longer.

• Advertisement

It didn't work for me when I tried it on my phone, working now on desktop.

It didn't work for me when I tried it on my phone, working now on desktop.

Worked fine for me on the phone last night..

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Worked fine for me on the phone last night..

Good for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Thanks for the discount. Had a nice saving of €52
    Using it. Much appreciated. Now to start getting the ingredients as I don’t have a clue about any of it yet.

Good for you

Ya it was.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kitt89

I have a wood-fired pizza oven and recently I bought a gas pizza oven.
    I got a good deal and got almost 30% discount on the oven. (faema.ca)

The wood-fired pizza oven is a bit tough to use and the pizza is tastier than the one made in a gas pizza oven. In fact, I love the smokie taste of the pizza made in the wood-fired oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭anais

Hi there. Just wondering what pressure to order for Irelans. Default is 50 but 37 mentions IE...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

anais wrote: »
    Hi there. Just wondering what pressure to order for Irelans. Default is 50 but 37 mentions IE...

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Thanks for the discount. Had a nice saving of €52
    Using it. Much appreciated. Now to start getting the ingredients as I don’t have a clue about any of it yet.

Just a few friendly tips: use shop bought dough for first couple of attempts, means you have less to worry about while trying to get used to it
    Try mutti pizza sauce it's in a can and SuperValu have it, really is quality. I know can sauce sounds terrible but loads of posters here recommend it and can see why
    Worth drying out your mozzarella ball before using it - I slice it and wrap if up in kitchen roll
    Try not to overload the pizza with ingredients as less is definitely more

Enjoy it, great piece of kit

Sidford wrote: »
    Just a few friendly tips: use shop bought dough for first couple of attempts, means you have less to worry about while trying to get used to it
    Try mutti pizza sauce it's in a can and SuperValu have it, really is quality. I know can sauce sounds terrible but loads of posters here recommend it and can see why
    Worth drying out your mozzarella ball before using it - I slice it and wrap if up in kitchen roll
    Try not to overload the pizza with ingredients as less is definitely more

Enjoy it, great piece of kit

Thank you for all the advice . There was no Cupoto flour around Wexford, but I’ve managed to find some one in Wexford who can get me 25kg for €23. The 00 pizza one.

Regarding the Mozzarella, do you just buy a block or ball of it, and then grate it onto the pizza ?

Also is there anything else you would recommend for a total newbie ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Thank you for all the advice . There was no Cupoto flour around Wexford, but I’ve managed to find some one in Wexford who can get me 25kg for €23. The 00 pizza one.

Regarding the Mozzarella, do you just buy a block or ball of it, and then grate it onto the pizza ?

Depends which sort of pizza you are doing regarding the mozzarella, the block of mozzarella is better than the pre grated stuff as the pre grated one has a lot of potato starch which Burns quicker. Mozzarella ball I use for a authentic simple 2/3 ingredient pizza but my kids prefer the grated mozzarella on theirs.

The main thing I would say is just to enjoy, you will have some mishaps and disasters on the way but I always do up a couple of spare bases to have in that scenario which can always be frozen if not used

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Sidford wrote: »
    use shop bought dough for first couple of attempts

Can I ask where can you buy ready made dough balls? I didn't find any in Tesco. Lidl or local supervalu. I was looking in freezer section mostly.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

J@yK@y wrote: »
    Can I ask where can you buy ready made dough balls? I didn't find any in Tesco. Lidl or local supervalu. I was looking in freezer section mostly.

Thanks

Interesed in this as well, would be a good option

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭boccers

I got a 20kg bag of Caputo from a wholesaler in Wicklow last year. I called to their store in Newtownmountkennedy and they sold it directly to me. It was definitely worth it and I would probably go against the advice above and start making your own dough straight away as you will have to start some time and it will cook differently to shop bought depending on the hydration you go for etc.
    It really isn't that difficult if you use the app Pizzapp. If you don't fancy kneading then google ken forkish no knead pizza dough.

The best tip I would give is join the OOni Enthusiasts UK facebook group. There is literally thousands of posts answering every question you can ask and you can do a search for older stuff.

Edit: The type of Mozzarella depends on the Pizza type really. Fresh Mozz balls torn into bits for Italian style or if you prefer the stringy american style then use the blocks you can get in Dunnes or Tesco and grate them. Don't ever use bags of pre grated mozzarella.

Some excellent information about the cheese folks. Thanks a lot, would have just used the bags of it, but know ill just use the blocks of cheese and grate them myself. My tracking for my oven says its in France at the moment so hopefully should have it next week.

Ive joined the groups you have mentioned above, and followed some of their files for the things which are essential. Ive also joined the Irish Ooni Pizza group on Facebook too.

Can i ask where are you getting the hardwood oak from for cooking on the ooni, i used birch last week but oak or ash would defo be better, I’m in Dublin btw

Thanks
    If you are near Swords , La Boulangerie in Applewood sells dough balls (as well as a fantastic range of breads and pastries while you are there). But I would agree with the above poster who said to start using your own as you will get that little bit more satisfaction from the whole process

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Thanks

Dunnes have them in the chilled section.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Great info on here...more in the Boards Food forum and the Ooni Ireland Facebook page

Pizza oven topic - https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057609472/174/#post117229068

Ooni owners Ireland Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ooniownersireland/?ref=share

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

The food centre Lucan has pre made dough balls, 4 of them for 4 euro (robbed this from the pizza ovens thread!) might be worth stocking up for the summer pizza partys!

The missus got me a pizza oven but as said above, the default one is 50mBar and she didnt know otherwise, either would I have tbh!!
    Customer service were great, returns label created and the correct one was sent as soon as told them we shipped the other one back. Should have it this week.

Advertisement