Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Get a VPN on if you use it a lot, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

jkbah wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else in the same situation. I have a uk prime account as we're lucky to have family just across the border.
    When before happened, we lost access to prime video but I talked to customer service and they changed our location to Ireland and said we could keep getting deliveries to NI. we lost premiership football and a few other things I'm sure but we don't watch prime video too often. I just went to watch something the other day and couldn't watch anything. Keep getting error message like ip_geo....
    Anyway, got onto customer service and he said that prime video gone now as we have a uk account and we're watching in Ireland. Brexit basically. When I was told in Jan that my account was moved over and all was hunky dory.
    So just wondering if it anyone else in the same boat

There's a thread already about this already and how you can have it working again.
    Not really relative to an Amazon bargain.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058035918/58/#post115861710

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Sup08 wrote: »
    There's a thread already about this already and how you can have it working again.
    Not really relative to an Amazon bargain.

Do you have a link for it

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

jkbah wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else in the same situation. I have a uk prime account as we're lucky to have family just across the border.
    When before happened, we lost access to prime video but I talked to customer service and they changed our location to Ireland and said we could keep getting deliveries to NI. we lost premiership football and a few other things I'm sure but we don't watch prime video too often. I just went to watch something the other day and couldn't watch anything. Keep getting error message like ip_geo....
    Anyway, got onto customer service and he said that prime video gone now as we have a uk account and we're watching in Ireland. Brexit basically. When I was told in Jan that my account was moved over and all was hunky dory.
    So just wondering if it anyone else in the same boat

I had the same issue.
    Spoke to helpdesk, they sent me a link and i changed my prime location back to ireland. Immediately after that prime video works.

Only thing that is gone is football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

in2dark wrote: »
    I had the same issue.
    Spoke to helpdesk, they sent me a link and i changed my prime location back to ireland. Immediately after that prime video works.

Only thing that is gone is football

I am located in NI for Prime video, use with a vpn, all good. It kinda is a bargain considering the library is far bigger than Irish one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

gussieg wrote: »
    I am located in NI for Prime video, use with a vpn, all good. It kinda is a bargain considering the library is far bigger than Irish one.

wouldn't work with my vpn, and i didn't want to pay for another one at this stage anyway, so I put my location back to Ireland - any of the tv series i was watching or had intended to watch are still available.

a few people in the firestick thread said there wasn't such a difference between uk and irl catalogues anymore, but i don't know if that's accurate or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Address pal is a shambles at the moment items stuck in Heathrow for weeks. I'm waiting on a firestick over 2 weeks now. There's a thread somewhere about it here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057516584&page=263

If I'd known in advance I'd have chanced sending it to family in the UK and have them send over by regular royal mail. Unfortunately amazon.de isn't an option for a firestick. The only silver lining is they valued it at 14.50 for the 4k model!

You're right, it is, have stuff stuck there for well over a week now....:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ablelocks wrote: »
    wouldn't work with my vpn, and i didn't want to pay for another one at this stage anyway, so I put my location back to Ireland - any of the tv series i was watching or had intended to watch are still available.

a few people in the firestick thread said there wasn't such a difference between uk and irl catalogues anymore, but i don't know if that's accurate or not.

I have NORD VPN and that didn't work when I set my Android TV to UK, I'll keep Prime going until end of June and just soak up the exVAT bargains

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

For those with Amazon stuff 'stuck', Addresspal posted an update today:

'An Post’s virtual address service, AddressPal, has now resumed.

A change to the current customs process by Irish Revenue had resulted in items being held in both UK and Irish depots.

We apologise for any delay and inconvenience to customers and reassure all customers that their purchases are in hand and will be delivered as soon as possible'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Just got my £7 promo for installing Amazon Photos

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Amazon Credit just arrived :)
    Thank you for trying Amazon Photos! Your £7 credit has been applied to your account and will be automatically applied to your next eligible purchase on Amazon.co.uk. You received this credit because you started backing up your photos with your unlimited full-resolution photo storage included with your Prime membership.

This credit will expire at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on March 15, 2021.

The offer only applies to an order over £25 of items sold by Amazon at the website www.amazon.co.uk. The offer does not apply to purchases made from Amazon's Warehouse Deals or from third-party sellers on Amazon Marketplace, even if 'fulfilled by Amazon' or 'Prime Eligible'.

Just testing it there, i dont see any £7 credit being applied.

Gumbo wrote:
    Just testing it there, i dont see any £7 credit being applied.

Mine did apply, but only over 25

Annoyingly, it seems to be 25 before vat as it doesn't count the import fees deposit towards the 25 minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Delighted with the £7 credit, felt like I'd gathered most of these and usually end up ineligible at this stage!

Always a nice surprise when one gets through :P

Payday tomorrow and valid til March 15 ..plenty of time too for reckless spending!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Nabber wrote: »
    My wifes' boy friend said that this is a great deal. I'd have no use for them

Durex Bulk Surprise Me Variety Assorted Multipack Condoms, Pack of 40 - €16.97

Got mine Used-Like New from the warehouse.

Says packaging is damaged, but I'm sure they're grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

corsav6 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-10T-Lite-DotDisplay-Snapdragon/dp/B08JMCKL1C/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=mi+10t&qid=1614201350&sr=8-1

Ordered the mi10t lite an hour ago for €247 but delivery was April 7th. I checked the order again and no change, still April 7th but when I clicked the product image it brought me to the product page but it said delivery March 2nd. Exact same product as I clicked it from within my order.
    I cancelled the order and reordered for March 2nd. Very strange though, I image if I didn't cancel the order I probably would have received it on March 2nd anyway, but I wasn't taking the chance.

So this has been dispatched and only 1 transaction has shown on my bank account despite the cancel and reorder.

Offer at time of purchase was £209.
    Purchase page showed pre vat of £174.17.
    Import fees deposit was £36.58.
    Total price was £210.75.

So I paid £1.75 more which isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

roro1990 wrote: »

Anyone seeing a lot of this:
    "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location."
    for products:
    "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon EU."
    It looks to be able to proceed even after selecting an Irish address but somewhat suspicious with the warning as didn't get that on previous orders.

Anyone seeing a lot of this:
    "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location."
    for products:
    "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon EU."
    It looks to be able to proceed even after selecting an Irish address but somewhat suspicious with the warning as didn't get that on previous orders.

"Amazon EU" do not ship items to Ireland.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

£4.90 for 6 Sure roll in deodorants....At least €2.50 each in a supermarket. Often in Dealz but this is still cheaper.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0050DPCZA/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_fabc_EGH34FE5M0XJH58F6VRH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

The £7 actually came through for me for Amazon photos.

I used it to get Super Mario 3D Land (Plus Bowsers Fury) on Switch for under 40 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

I downloaded the Photos App and uploaded a photo and nothing happened. I done it wrong didn’t I?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    I downloaded the Photos App and uploaded a photo and nothing happened. I done it wrong didn’t I?
    I only got notification of credit yesterday after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

From the no chat thread:

Not a bargain, got a pack for €1.55 in Tesco recently.

Caranica wrote: »
    From the no chat thread:

Not a bargain, got a pack for €1.55 in Tesco recently.

That's not the price nationwide as it's currently €5.89.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266415004

So it certainly is a bargain in comparison. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

slave1 wrote: »
    I have NORD VPN and that didn't work when I set my Android TV to UK, I'll keep Prime going until end of June and just soak up the exVAT bargains
    i have privatevpn on a 24month deal and it didnt work at first after january 1st, and then it did.
    all in with the cost of the vpn Im paying about 270 for all the streaming, and we do get a lot out of it, between a few of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Basq wrote: »
    I only got notification of credit yesterday after a few days.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

gussieg wrote: »
    i have privatevpn on a 24month deal and it didnt work at first after january 1st, and then it did.

Does it allow you access the UK content now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I have used Windscribe and Unlimited VPN and have got the same message on both, to the effect of "We have detected a Virtual Private Network". Not something that keeps me awake at night, to be honest, but it indicates to me that Amazon are using software that is a cut above what iPlayer and ITV Hub, etc are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry, but I can't resist anymore.

This place is a goddamn mess..

.. no chat allowed in a bargains thread, and now we're chatting about VPN's in a chat thread meant to discuss Amazon bargains.

And this is the exact reason these stupid dedicated threads for bargains don't work!

/feedback

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Basq wrote: »
    Sorry, but I can't resist anymore.

This place is a goddamn mess..

.. no chat allowed in a bargains thread, and now we're chatting about VPN's in a chat thread meant to discuss Amazon bargains.

And this is the exact reason these stupid dedicated threads for bargains don't work!

/feedback

:rolleyes:

Well, to be fair, the chat is not about VPNs exactly but how they might or might not be effective with Amazon Prime. Some people have had better experiences than others.

Advertisement