Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

daraghwal wrote: »
    I just seen the last few posts and was wondering do I have to do the same re changing to revolut before I renew when I have an Irish account?
    Are the steps below correct?

My billing day is 23 Jan so...

1. Change my BOI card to revolut now and make sure my Irish phone number is on the account.
    2. Cancel Netflix on 22 Jan and log out of netflix on everything
    3. 09 Feb Unlimited VPN to Turkey
    4. Incognito Netflix Account Page
    5. Renew membership with my revolut card.
    6. Feck VPN out the window
    7. Netflix and chill for €4.70 a month all in :)

Or do I stop at step 1, let a revolut payment go through and continue the steps after cancelling on 22 Feb instead?

Change your bank card now. A payment will go through on Jan 23rd. Cancel on Jan 24th. After a month plus a day (Feb 25th) get on to TKY Netflix via VPN and sign back up. DO NOT mess with your bank card/payment type at this stage, or you’ll likely have to start the whole process again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Since I had to cancel my last Revolut card, I can't update my payment method on my Netflix account at all anymore - it won't even accept my Irish bank card, logging in directly with no VPN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Does this still work ok if using Paypal or traditional bank card (AIB, BOI etc.)?
    I've been paying via Turkey with Curve for a long time, but looking to do it for a relative now who I think uses PayPal, or an irish bank card. They wouldn't be interested in setting up curve etc. so want to keep it with their current "traditional" payment method, despite the marginal fx difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

I have an IP through work and I'm getting the following error :

There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.

Any idea how to fix this guys? I am using revolut ?

This comes up for me too when I try go on the Turkish website. Works for Argentina for me though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

deadduck wrote: »
    Change your bank card now. A payment will go through on Jan 23rd. Cancel on Jan 24th. After a month plus a day (Feb 25th) get on to TKY Netflix via VPN and sign back up. DO NOT mess with your bank card/payment type at this stage, or you’ll likely have to start the whole process again.

Yeah I cancelled my Irish sub yesterday.
    Using a different email addy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

Does this still work ok if using Paypal or traditional bank card (AIB, BOI etc.)?
    I've been paying via Turkey with Curve for a long time, but looking to do it for a relative now who I think uses PayPal, or an irish bank card. They wouldn't be interested in setting up curve etc. so want to keep it with their current "traditional" payment method, despite the marginal fx difference.

I use AIB debit card no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭daraghwal

wiz569 wrote: »

So changing to revolut is just to get the better exchange rate is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

wiz569 wrote: »
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    use any card you prefer it is all the same, revolut etc does save a few quid over the year but what ever works is fine

Good to know, thanks both - I thought I had remembered people talking about their banks blocking transactions like this earlier in the thread - nice to get confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I have an IP through work and I'm getting the following error :

There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.

Any idea how to fix this guys? I am using revolut ?

Any help here guys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Houseway

Any help here guys ?

Just do it the way it’s been described to work a hundred times in this thread. When you start adding specific to you things like ‘my work ip’ you’re not doing it the same and expecting others to know. Follow the instructions to the letter. Don’t introduce stuff that you think will be handier for you.

Signup to Irish Netflix. Add payment Method and phone number. Cancel the sub. The day you lose service login to Netflix using a known to work VPN set to turkey and pick a plan.

It’s very very easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Any help here guys ?

Did you let a payment go through against the Revolut on IRL Netflix, and then cancel, and try sign up on TKY Netflix a month later?

I was getting the same error as you when I tried to just change my payment type and sign up to TKY Netflix without doing the above. Got the error regardless of card I used (Revolut, Curve, N26)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

OK Guys, thanks so far.

I have an existing Netflix Account set up for recurring payment though PayPal for the last few years.

To confirm correct procedure ;

Then once I have no access on the next billing date (9th Feb), use my VPN to log in through Argentina or whatever country works and sign back up with Revolut?

Thanks.

change payment details and let that process for a billing period first and then change, add a mobile too if one is not added

Thanks, so I've done the following ;

1. Changed Payment Method to Revolut. Its changed when I log in and they took €1 test payment which has already been reverted, so I assume payment method is working fine.

2. Mobile Number is added to Account.

Do I now let it go through a billing fee on 9th Feb, then cancel the next day. Then around the 9th March (or when the service drops) reactivate using VPN from chosen country or do I just cancel and then reactivate from chosen country straight away after the 9th Feb?

Thanks.

I would let Revolut take a payment first

Thanks OG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Trying to log in to

netflix.com/tr-en

but it keeps redirecting me to

netflix.com/nl-en

Using keep should vpn

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Go incognito and just search netflix, if your vpn is working then Netflix will send you to Turkey, no need for the full address

Thanks

Didn't even need to go incognito, just typed netflix.com with the vpn set to Turkey and it automatically redirected me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

funnyname wrote: »
    Thanks

Didn't even need to go incognito, just typed netflix.com with the vpn set to Turkey and it automatically redirected me there.

What free vpn are you using please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Got sorted this evening :) Many thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ron.

I'm currently on a Mexican payment plan paid through revolut, due to renew next week. Can I cancel this and reactivate for turkey using the vpn?

I don't have a phone number linked to Mexican account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Im in Mexico as well, if you change do you need a new email address or can you use current one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I've been trying to set up through Turkey with Windscribe. I've tried Chrome and Firefox. I am getting blocked from signing up with either browser.
    What vpn is free that will work ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I've been trying to set up through Turkey with Windscribe. I've tried Chrome and Firefox. I am getting blocked from signing up with either browser.
    What vpn is free that will work ?

Thanks.

Hola worked for me on pc

Hola worked for me on pc

I've installed Hola and trying to use it. It seems to be awful. I have Turkey selected and it still keeps taking me to ie NF. I cant work it out.

Use incognito mode

Do I actually need to set up an account and register with Hola to use the free service ?

I can't get it to work at all.

You don’t need a new email address unless you want to set up a new account
    Is it worth your while changing to Turkey ? If it’s cheap in Mexico why now leave it

Roughly about €8 in Mexico for the middle package. Turkey is €3.50 so would be worthwhile I think

I can't get Hola to work. That's now uninstalled. 3 vpn's now without success.
    I'll try Tunnel bear.

If that’s the difference then anyone paying via Mexico is crazy

Ya I've been meaning to switch for awhile now. I was paying 6 euro when I signed up. It has gradually increased due to the exchange.

Hola works
    Vpn unlimited works
    Tunnel bear works

It’s a simple process that takes a minute when done properly, when connected to the vpn make sure it works then use incognito mode and search Netflix

Is it the vpn or the user in most of these cases

Hola is far too convoluted for me. Way too much work.
    Tunnel bear does not work for Turkey.
    I have Windscribe, but NF seems to detect it and block it.

I got it to work on Windscribe. I went through all the steps, but when I get to card details, it will not accept my cards. I tried EBS debit and AIB credit card.

This is a mission.

ps, I am setting up a new account. I do not have an existing account with NF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

Houseway wrote: »
    Just do it the way it’s been described to work a hundred times in this thread. When you start adding specific to you things like ‘my work ip’ you’re not doing it the same and expecting others to know. Follow the instructions to the letter. Don’t introduce stuff that you think will be handier for you.

Signup to Irish Netflix. Add payment Method and phone number. Cancel the sub. The day you lose service login to Netflix using a known to work VPN set to turkey and pick a plan.

It’s very very easy.

Thanks for this. If I select the basic plan when setting up an Irish account then can I update to the premium version with the Turkey Netflix after 1 month?

Thanks

Advertisement