Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

I am getting more of a kick out of reading his followers comments lately than the core jeff. He really has an eclectic group there...

There is one woman from Australia, who I honestly used to think was just cutting and pasting the same block of capitalized text constantly, but I actually took the time to read a few of them lately and they are all purpose written albeit with recurring themes, revoke their mandate, ABU, ABU!!!!

there were another two just commenting under jeffs posting of the cover of the sunday world (maybe news of the world) suggesting that Irelands gangland should be co opted to murder politicians....

I really hope that was tongue in cheek, but who knows how deep these thoughts run...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

He is going to write a ‘full book’ on the Jobpath scandal.

Another book?

How can he keep claiming jobseekers benifet with a straight face ... he isn’t seeking any time of job .. just the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

whippet wrote: »
    Another book?

Probably reckons he can claim the artists exemption (forgetting of course that he would need to actually sell some books to qualify as such)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

He'd nearly have enough material to write a book solely containing his claims that he's going to write a book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

humberklog wrote: »
    He'd nearly have enough material to write a book solely containing his claims that he's going to write a book.

Very meta. A modern day Flann O’Brien.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Maybe I've missed them mention it but do unitedpeople know about the whole repeal the 8th topic... or is it purely a party for unemployed people with unemployment issues

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Maybe I've missed them mention it but do unitedpeople know about the whole repeal the 8th topic... or is it purely a party for unemployed people with unemployment issues

I'd say Jeff is afraid to pick a side in case it dilutes his already shallow pool of followers. He hasn't come out of split ups well in the past.

Chiorino wrote: »
    I'd say Jeff is afraid to pick a side in case it dilutes his already shallow pool of followers. He hasn't come out of split ups well in the past.

he will just post newspaper headlines with no commentary and see what way if any the wind is blowing.

the current consensus from his followers is "Bono is a spa..."

finally, something I can really get behind....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A few of his more vocal followers are on the hardcore anti-repeal side, the 'its murder and they should be locked up' angle. I doubt Jeff will do anything to antagonise them. Some of them appear to even against having a referendum at all, bit strange that they would be drawn to a party whose usp seems to be having a referendum every morning to decide where todays money should be spent.
    Jeff himself was pro-choice from what I recall of his boards days.

He has started calling the department of social protection, criminals and thugs. Aren’t these the department who hand out two doles, children’s allowance, that free gaff of his etc?

Oh, and he’s organising a meeting in Dublin about Jobpath. Further details to be announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The hubris is off the chart in recent days since the court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭blackwhite

He has started calling the department of social protection, criminals and thugs. Aren’t these the department who hand out two doles, children’s allowance, that free gaff of his etc?

Oh, and he’s organising a meeting in Dublin about Jobpath. Further details to be announced.

Another secret meeting where he doesn’t release details till afterwards - and confirms it was a “massive success”

So he is living off the proceeds of crime then

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It appears Jeff is going for a particularly duplicitous approach to the referendum that's doing the rounds in Freeman circles (and Jeff's source: "a person in very legal constitutional authority").

Various crank litigants have decided that the proposed amendment is going to contain a clause meaning that De Gubbermint can amend the Constitution any time it wants, without having to hold a referendum. You then pretend that the main reason you're going to vote no is this entirely fictional notion that will never come to pass. They think there will be some secret wording and legislation that will be hidden from the electorate.

This allows you to keep a foot in both camps whilst stoking up swivel-eyed paranoia.

Robbo wrote: »

This allows you to keep a foot in both camps whilst stoking up swivel-eyed paranoia.

a real case of playing the man not the ball.

As others have eluded to .. this referendum will be very decisive and will at time be quite nasty .. Jeff likes to hedge his bets so that he can talk out of both sides of his mouth depending on how the wind is blowing.

It is somewhat coincidental that he didn't even mention the referendum much until it was noticed here and suddenly he gets contacted by his source .. Hi Jeff :P

He seems to think it is a secret about the fact that legislation will be used in future for issues around the 8th .. but those in the know ... like the people who actually listen to news and political stuff knew all along - but considering Jeff threw out the TV and won't read MSM how could he have known about this before !

He's always played the 8th close to his chest knowing well that any opinion will divide people, especially nutters. And most of the following he gathers are nutters.

He'd probably just slither out of a conviction claiming if there was a system of Direct Democracy in Ireland then this matter would've been sorted long ago.

And as for the party Jeff led briefly (DDI) they seem to tack away from the very basics of their party's manifesto with regards to the 8th. Many of the head honchos and their followers are fervently anti abortion.
    Ben of the Gilroys recently posted his opposition to all things abortion giving a sorta biblical twist on his opinion to which someone replied that "the Bible was a book of fantasy". Ben responded with something like- "you say the Bible is fantasy? But so is laws and legislation!" Much to the Hurrahs! of his fanbase.

I mention DDI and Ben because Jeff is fishing in the same pond as DDI but just in the shallower ends of an already pretty shallow pond.

Even Brendan Ogle has commented to tell Jeff that he is talking through his hat.

Poor old Brendan will probably be barred for going against the Jeffatulla.

JyIKIzr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

What galls me about his jobpath/seetec crusade is that he's portraying it as a data privacy issue when in reality his issue is with being forced to engage in training etc. instead of being allowed to do nothing for his dole.

CPL 593H

He has no issue signing for things that benefit him. He just doesn’t want a job. He’s not far off committing welfare fraud to be honest. Leech.

Ha! Was that exchange on Jeff's own page (leading the the quwstion-wtf is Ogle at engaging with JR. Or was it on Ogle's?

I can't access Jeff's pages in my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Ha! Was that exchange on Jeff's own page (leading the the quwstion-wtf is Ogle at engaging with JR. Or was it on Ogle's?

He was getting quite a few doubtful comments from his followers when he posted it yesterday. I love to see him squirm when he has catastrophically misjudged his audience.

On Jeff’s page. It’s in relation to Rudd’s belief that the referendum allows the villains in FG to change any part of the constitution at will. That’s an idea that is gaining traction in the nuttier parts of Irish facebook life.

As for Ogle? He tends to engage with these people. I’ve had the displeasure of meeting Ogle on a few occasions in a professional capacity, and he’s a man who loves the sound of his own voice and in letting people know his opinions on anything. He’s a bit of a nutter himself to be honest. Probably not getting a whole pile of attention these days since the water charges issue, so engaging with Rudd and his ilk might be filling the time.

The 2nd in command, Allister, is also advocating for a no vote because of this fiendish loophole they have spotted.

The reaction of the DDI boys to the referendum is so ironic ... they want referendums on everything apart from what might be against their ultra conservative views.

Why does Jeff not say who this constitutional expert is ? Surely that would give his argument a bit more weight .. unless it was just something he read on some other nutters Facebook page.

whippet wrote: »
    The reaction of the DDI boys to the referendum is so ironic ... they want referendums on everything apart from what might be against their ultra conservative views.

Why does Jeff not say who this constitutional expert is ? Surely that would give his argument a bit more weight .. unless it was just something he read on some other nutters Facebook page.

The legal expert has to be Ben ‘On your oath’ Gilroy. I’d say Jeff is still trawling his page, despite the well publicised falling out.

Anyone phoning myself... My phones (house and mobile) have been checked - and they have been found NOT to be secure. There is too many ears on the line presently. Please take this into account if you are considering calling myself.

sigh

eldamo wrote: »
    sigh

he is showing his true colours again ..... making sh1te up to impress idiots.

It was only last week he said that when he was assaulted at his front door it was to do with his research in to JobPath .. when it was just another loon who too umbrage with Jeff's photography .. nothing at all to do with politics or Jeff's heroic political campaigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

If he believes a fraction of the stuff he claimed then he needs help.

https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/guide/schizophrenia-paranoia#1

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Anyone phoning myself... My phones (house and mobile) have been checked - and they have been found NOT to be secure. There is too many ears on the line presently. Please take this into account if you are considering calling myself.
    sigh
    Checked by whom and who paid for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Since he professes to be a tech whiz, he probably checked them himself and therefore the taxpayer paid for it....as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

sigh

Who is this guy, John Gotti?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement