Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League and all things European Rugby League 2017.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm looking forward to the World Club Series tonight. Think Warrington can give the Broncos a run for their money?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

I'm looking forward to the World Club Series tonight. Think Warrington can give the Broncos a run for their money?

Early signs suggest they will. 14-0. :eek:

Update: 20-0 now!

Half-Time and it's 24-6 to Warrington. Didn't see that coming.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Comebacks on?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just come in after 40 mins on the bike trainer - certainly end to end action. Looks like a bit of aggro there - has there been much?

Still think Broncos might win this, hope I'm wrong. Good game either way. Kicking off in a few places too.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Just come in after 40 mins on the bike trainer - certainly end to end action. Looks like a bit of aggro there - has there been much?

Only last few minutes. In my day a bike trainer was stabilisers.

Nice to see things getting a bit spiky. Broncos looked quite disinterested in the first half. Hoping for a frantic finish.

Nice to see things getting a bit spiky. Broncos looked quite disinterested in the first half. Hoping for a frantic finish.

They look very pre season. They had decent prep time for this though.

Odd the commentary saying 2nd half is dour, much more interesting than first imo.

9 points in it with 8 minutes remaining and Warrington have kicked it out on the full. This is exciting.

Just as I write that Broncos lose it!

9 points in it with 8 minutes remaining and Warrington have kicked it out on the full. This is exciting.

Just as I write that Broncos lose it!

Yeah, great end to it.

• Advertisement

Good game, Broncos left themselves too much to do 2nd half. Great to finally see a Super League win after so long.

Good result for the World Club Series and it whets the appetite for Wigan vs Cronulla.

Good result for the World Club Series and it whets the appetite for Wigan vs Cronulla.

Absolutely, but I don't think this will do the pie eaters any favours, Sharks will be well up for it now! Fancy Cronulla by 10 plus. (but I had Brisbane by 6, so I know nothing Jon Snow)

10 nil to Wigan at half time

Wigan have had pretty much every 50 50 call this game. Finding it quite difficult to cheer on the cherry and white!

Well, congratulations to Wigan, the better team, but the ref was pretty hopeless. Good for Super League anyway, makes a nice change, 2 wins from 2. Yesterday was the better game.

Lower down the quality scale, London managed some how to snatch a win against Oldham, very, very fortunate reading reports.

Credit to the Super League teams. I thought Cronulla would do the business after what happened last night to the Broncos.

Hull take on Catalans tonight on sky, quite like the build up with Brian Carney now.

Oh, and for anyone interested in the Wolfpack experiment, their 3rd round Challenge Cup game against Siddal is being streamed on the BBC website, with no region restrictions. Starts 1pm.

Scrappy, stop start game so far, loads of penalties, ref poor. In short, crap.

This ref has been dreadful. Game not much better.

Edit: Good win for Catalans though.

• Advertisement

Toronto had a baptism of fire (well mud and rain) in the cup today, Siddal doubled their usual crowd today for it, and made a real game of of it apparently Wolfpack still won in the end. Good start but it'll be interesting to see how many turn up for the Wolfpack's first home game in Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭kittyeater102

As somewhat of a casual fan of league, could someone who's a bit more of a hardcore fan please explain to me the whole onfield decision malarkey surrounding tries that are sent to the TMO. What is the point of a ref giving an onfield decision of try or no try when the TMO is about to look at it and could immediately over-rule that onfield decision?

As somewhat of a casual fan of league, could someone who's a bit more of a hardcore fan please explain to me the whole onfield decision malarkey surrounding tries that are sent to the TMO. What is the point of a ref giving an onfield decision of try or no try when the TMO is about to look at it and could immediately over-rule that onfield decision?

In case of doubt, or the video evidene being inconclusive the onfield decision is kept. The video has to, in theory, show without doubt the onfield decision was wrong before reversing it.

There are still really poor decisions made with video ref anyway in both hemispheres.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Tigers are giving the Rhinos a right mauling tonight....

Leeds such slow starters every year. 48 6 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Leeds defence has been shocking.

Always liked Luke Gale when he was at London Broncos (Harlequins RL), and Danny Orr who's on the Tigers coaching staff.

Leeds such slow starters every year. 48 6 now.
    Well if this doesn't wake them up!!

60:6 with 7 mins to go

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Soon to be 66 - 6

• Advertisement

"Leeds have been outplayed"

Think I agree with Eddie there:pac:

Anyway - 66:6 has a certain appeal for some of us!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement