Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tricolour burnings in Belfast - Should Irish government do more?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

There's a valid reason why its called the butchers apron,there is no valid reason to burn the tricolour.

Loyalists burning the flag of a country that, until recently had a constitutional claim to theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭droidman123

Loyalists burning the flag of a country that, until recently had a constitutional claim to theirs?

They don't have a country,they are guests in mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

Should boards lead The way by banning any one who calls the Union flag the butcher's apron?

No, you need to read my posts again. They do not contradict each other in the slightest.
    I'm not advocating anyone ban calling the Union Flag the "Butcher's Apron" if people want to do it, good luck to them.
    Did you not write this, looks to me as if you wanted some people baned for not referring to the brit flag in terms that suited you,

But, don't use the term butcher's apron and then bitch and moan when loyalists burn the Tri Colour. It is hypocritical

I personally did not bitch obout the Irish flag being burned by morans in the North,

But saying as the Irish flag wasnt rammed down peoples throats the world over at the point of a gun,
    I can see how a lot of people have a strong dislike for the brit flag/ butchers apron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

TOMASJ wrote: »
    No, you need to read my posts again. They do not contradict each other in the slightest.

Did you not write this, looks to me as if you wanted some people baned for not referring to the brit flag in terms that suited you,

I personally did not bitch obout the Irish flag being burned by morans in the North,

But saying as the Irish flag wasnt rammed down peoples throats the world over at the point of a gun,
    I can see how a lot of people have a strong dislike for the brit flag/ butchers apron

At the risk of being a grammar Nazi, when someone ends a sentence with a question mark (this thing ?) It means they are asking a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

TOMASJ wrote: »

At the risk of being a grammar Nazi, when someone ends a sentence with a question mark (this thing ?) It means they are asking a question.

What question was the fred,

Your ace at asking questions but not at answering on the boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thread has gone sway off topic and is just personal sniping now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement