Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset for PS4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Anyone have an opinion on the Tritton 720?? I wanted the Astro A40's but they look like they have too many wires and I have a problem with that as it is!

If there's a clear difference between the quality of the two, I would buy the A40's though. Anyone ever used both?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

Klair88 wrote: »
    Anyone have an opinion on the Tritton 720?? I wanted the Astro A40's but they look like they have too many wires and I have a problem with that as it is!

If there's a clear difference between the quality of the two, I would buy the A40's though. Anyone ever used both?

I actually have the Tritton 720s and the 2013 Astro A40s. The sound quality definitely better on the astros, you can just pin point where people are so much better and its much clearer. They have about as much wires as the 720s, a really nice mix amp. Also the build quality of the trittrons sucks.

Just an honest opinion, I used to do some competitive gaming, so I have tested some options. I am not a fan boy or either make, so the rest is up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

TheDoc wrote: »
    Anyone found good quality affordable ones?

To **** am I paying the 200+ plus I saw Astro's for in the likes of Gamestop. I just bought a second pair of Steelseries Siberia for my PC, first pair lasted 6 years. Best headsets I've ever used. Cost me €60...cant justify paying big bucks for console headsets

I bought a pair of PX22's in Argos and I think they're grand for 69 quid once I figured how to hook them up properly (thanks to advice of some on here). Mind you, this is my first pair of reasonably decent ones and I've no experience of the fancier ones, so not sure my opinion will carry much weight!

Like yourself, no interest whatsoever in paying 200+ for a headset, just something to hear the chat and in-game sounds clearly.

Caoimhin wrote: »
    I actually have the Tritton 720s and the 2013 Astro A40s. The sound quality definitely better on the astros, you can just pin point where people are so much better and its much clearer. They have about as much wires as the 720s, a really nice mix amp. Also the build quality of the trittrons sucks.

Just an honest opinion, I used to do some competitive gaming, so I have tested some options. I am not a fan boy or either make, so the rest is up to you.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm leaning heavily towards the Astro's. I play a lot so I need quality and they seem the best. You get yours from Gamestop? The A40's are €199 on the website.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm leaning heavily towards the Astro's. I play a lot so I need quality and they seem the best. You get yours from Gamestop? The A40's are €199 on the website.

This is Gamestop at its bloody best. So the website and in store prices do not match because the website is a different supplier. They will not honor the online price and its €300 in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

This is Gamestop at its bloody best. So the website and in store prices do not match because the website is a different supplier. They will not honor the online price and its €300 in store.

Yeah, got a bit of a shock, when I went in store yesterday, and there sold out on the web site. They look to be a great headset, but will have to go for another model as €300 is too pricey.

wes wrote: »
    Yeah, got a bit of a shock, when I went in store yesterday, and there sold out on the web site. They look to be a great headset, but will have to go for another model as €300 is too pricey.

Honestly I wouldn't blame you they are pricey alright, you can buy them refrubished by Astro on ebay with a years warranty for half the price.

Honestly I wouldn't blame you they are pricey alright, you can buy them refrubished by Astro on ebay with a years warranty for half the price.

Will give that look, but leaning towards the Turtle Beach PX4, which is 180 euro on Gamestop web site (more or less the same on Amazon as well), and I think the same in store. The reviews I have read say there decent.

wes wrote: »
    Will give that look, but leaning towards the Turtle Beach PX4, which is 180 euro on Gamestop web site (more or less the same on Amazon as well), and I think the same in store. The reviews I have read say there decent.

They will be fine, any headset like that wil give you the advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Like yourself, no interest whatsoever in paying 200+ for a headset, just something to hear the chat and in-game sounds clearly.

Exactly, and it doesnt require €200+ hardware to do so. Why the audio for party chat comes through a different channel then ingame is beyond me, when I move to headset

• Advertisement

Picked up the Turtle Beach PX4 wireless headset during the week. Now, I am not an audio guy, but they sound good to me. Tried them with the PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and my PC. Sounded great with all of them. The Xbox One doesn't have Dolby however, but the stereo sound wasn't too bad.

Also, tried them with my Sky HD box and they sounded good with those, as well as Netflix via my TV.

The setup was fairly simple, and the headset hold a charge for a good while. The included usb charger cable is also very long, and they can be used while being charged. There also far lighter than my last pair of head phones, and they don't hurt my ears like my last pair after prolonged use.

Not tried the mic just yet, as I haven't been playing any games online this week. May give Killzone online a go this week sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

i see, whats so bad about it ive never actually heard anything through it

Exactly

ba-dum-tish.jpg

Seriously though, the packed in ear piece and mic are functional. They give everyone with a PS4 the ability to chat online and use voice commands and that is all they needed to do. Could they have been better? Absolutely. But keeping the price as low as possible was clearly imperative.

Personally, I just use the set I use with my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm using the mono headset for chat and the Turtlebeaches for sound. Works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just wanted to say that I got myself creative Fatality headset for pc. I bought a cable to change the pink and green pins in to one single 3.5 jack, so I could use it with ps4 too.
    The thing works perfect ( connects right in to ps4 controller ) and in total coated me 30£. A fantastic headset for the price and works on pc and ps4. Well worth a look who is looking for a decent headset for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Just got the astro mix amp pro 2013 edition
    as the 2010 model I had was no good for voice chat but sound was usual in game astro quality just hated having a ear bud for chat .

the 2013 mix amp is updated to latest firmware now and ready to go
    it also has 4 preset equaliser settings which are really good.
    the sound quality from the new edition is a big difference compared to the old version

anyway just a heads up for the money you won't be disappointed

Just got the astro mix amp pro 2013 edition
    as the 2010 model I had was no good for voice chat but sound was usual in game astro quality just hated having a ear bud for chat .

the 2013 mix amp is updated to latest firmware now and ready to go
    it also has 4 preset equaliser settings which are really good.
    the sound quality from the new edition is a big difference compared to the old version

anyway just a heads up for the money you won't be disappointed

Yeah money aside they are bloody great

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

Sony are bringing out a wireless headset especially for the PS4 called Gold Wireless headset

Can't find any info when their released here but their out in America for $100

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

3206jake wrote: »
    Sony are bringing out a wireless headset especially for the PS4 called Gold Wireless headset

Can't find any info when their released here but their out in America for $100

It's up on the EU PS blog, the headset is €90 here and which with out Vat rate and the exchange rate means we're doing well.

Varik wrote: »
    It's up on the EU PS blog, the headset is €90 here and which with out Vat rate and the exchange rate means we're doing well.

€90 isn't to bad,any an idea when It can be bought ? Don't want to wait weeks from America but I will if I have to

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

€90 isn't to bad,any an idea when It can be bought ? Don't want to wait weeks from America but I will if I have to

I couldnt wait any longer and bought the sony pulse elite - pretty much the same headset anyway

• Advertisement

gep91 wrote: »
    I couldnt wait any longer and bought the sony pulse elite - pretty much the same headset anyway

I havent heard of that, any good ??? how much ??

I havent heard of that, any good ??? how much ??

go to amazon or google them, Gamestop have them for 99euro buddy. bare in mind the headset is very very good but apprently the headband is not very good over time

go to amazon or google them, Gamestop have them for 99euro buddy. bare in mind the headset is very very good but apprently the headband is not very good over time

My headband has started cracking, but iv'e had them for 1.5 years now. Sound quality is absolutely amazing tho. 'll be buying that new gold headset too!

My headband has started cracking, but iv'e had them for 1.5 years now. Sound quality is absolutely amazing tho. 'll be buying that new gold headset too!

cant wait for mine....do you use it on ps4?

cant wait for mine....do you use it on ps4?

Yep. I used it wired to controller but since the patch i can use the dongle again, sound quality is amazing. Works perfect with PS4. 7.1 in games, especially BF4 and Outlast, heighten the gaming experience by 10 i believe. Enjoy them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can anyone with px22 get both the chat and game audio working?
    The diagram on the Turtle Beach website directs you to output chat only to headphones :confused:

I bought it under the impression that it would work as a normal headset.

Can anyone with px22 get both the chat and game audio working?
    The diagram on the Turtle Beach website directs you to output chat only to headphones :confused:

I bought it under the impression that it would work as a normal headset.

Had a look at the diagram and it's fine and will work with both game and chat at the same time, when you've got the PX22 connected with the amplifier you do only set "output to headphones" as "chat audio" only as this is the sound coming over the USB while game audio is coming over the 3.5mm from the TV/DAC/AMP.

If you connect the headset directly to the PS4 without the inline amp then you set it to all game audio as it's all coming through that 1 3.5mm cable.

PS4-Connectivity-PX22.jpg

@Varik,
    It's not really working like that for me. Probably something to do with my odd TV :(
    It's imported and doesn't have the standard audio outputs.

47pfl6008h_12_cow_.jpg

@Varik,
    It's not really working like that for me. Probably something to do with my odd TV :(
    It's imported and doesn't have the standard audio outputs.

47pfl6008h_12_cow_.jpg

Since you've a headphone connection on the tv you don't need to use the 3.5mm to RCA splitter, just connect the 3.5mm to the side of the TV and the USB to the PS4.

Everything else is down to the TV settings, there will be a volume control for the headphones on the TV and there is one on the in-line amplifier for the headset. Try having the TV headphone sound set high and then reduce the volume on the headset control.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Since you've a headphone connection on the tv you don't need to use the 3.5mm to RCA splitter, just connect the 3.5mm to the side of the TV and the USB to the PS4.

Everything else is down to the TV settings, there will be a volume control for the headphones on the TV and there is one on the in-line amplifier for the headset. Try having the TV headphone sound set high and then reduce the volume on the headset control.
    I was thinking about that alright, I've got a 3.5mm extension cable off some old headphones.
    I'm already using the headphone output for a home cinema system, guess I'll just swap them out or get a splitter. Cheers man, appreciate your time.

Advertisement