Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airport Lounge Pass

• 18-04-2021 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

My 18yr old son is doing a solo 6 week trip around the place in July and will be doing a lot of flights around Turkey ,Kenya, Nairobi etc and I was going to get him a pass for Airport lounges as he has quite a few layovers. Is there any point as I think a lot of the Lounges may still be closed due to Covid pandemic ?
    Any Ideas ? Thanks

Comments

If its in your budget buy him a priority pass card,theres various memberships
    Most busy airports will have one open,the ones they use in each airport are listed

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/campaigns/dal/travel-smarter?sourcecode=DAJAN2021ENP&currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KCQjwse-DBhC7ARIsAI8YcWLtAbL_y1CMqxlq57ZdTbS_TpbPYjuPAJbNYMpMts3PDq00-6U0RmwaAudkEALw_wcB

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Before you buy anything check if the lounges are not closed. When open many are limited to eligible travellers of their own Airlines and not to pass holder of any of the schemes. This may still be the case in July.

Actually Revolut is a good idea,forgot about their lounge access on metal cards

A lounge paid access is usually about 25 quid,so bare that in mind when looking at a priority pass membership that comes with say 10 free entries as opossed to it lasting a year

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Jeremy Sproket

I once travelled form Göteborg to Helsinki and onto Beijing.

The long layover was excruciating. Get a lounge pass and treat yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I don't think the lounges will be open They've been closed as long as the pubs. I had one before when I worked in Sakhalin as i used go Amsterdam-Moscow sometimes and Heathrow - Seoul others and it was great to have the card and relax in the lounges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

A lot of the lounges are closed due to the pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

The devil is in the detail with these third party lounge providers and it will require a significant amount of research to determine if there is any value to be gained. They will claim they are in X airport but when you delve deeper you will find that it could be in a terminal not served by your airline and that there is no access from the terminal you need to use. Also be aware that many lounges are not 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

basill wrote: »
    The devil is in the detail with these third party lounge providers and it will require a significant amount of research to determine if there is any value to be gained. They will claim they are in X airport but when you delve deeper you will find that it could be in a terminal not served by your airline and that there is no access from the terminal you need to use. Also be aware that many lounges are not 24/7.
    I will just give him an extra few bob so. Thanks all.

Advertisement