Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

cork93 wrote: »
    Pretty sure total difference includes profits and losses from closed positions. Does that reconcile the difference?

Really? Hmm roughly speaking I cashed out once only and took 90 odd Euro profit... If you subtract the red negative figures from the green positive that leaves a large negative figure. Let me get the calculator again.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Has anyone managed to successfully transfer cash from BOI to Degiro via Trustly? I have tried several times over the last few months and always received an error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jamie66

paulers06 wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to successfully transfer cash from BOI to Degiro via Trustly? I have tried several times over the last few months and always received an error message.

I have, I have also received error messages if I try to send money twice within an hour.

Try again in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Does anyone know how to set a trailing stop-loss on degiro?

They have it listed in their FAQ but I haven't been able to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Stupid question but do you guys put much of your money into stocks?

I know an amount can be a lot for someone but little for someone else but just wondering...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭el diablo

What an absolute nightmare trying to get verified for this crappy site. Transferred funds and now trying to send a scan of my passport for verification. Tried on my laptop first but it won't upload the file. Then downloaded the app to my phone and the same problem- it won't upload the file or let me take a photo of my passport.

Anyone know of a solution to this? I don't see any FAQ or customer support section on their website (all I have access to is the verification page).

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Amber Mealy Illness

Email it to them?

I submitted a photo, no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ya I can't remember it being a problem for me. Maybe it's the format of the photo or it might be too big!
    Is it jpg or pdf?

Finally got sorted after using a different browser. Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Stupid question but do you guys put much of your money into stocks?

I know an amount can be a lot for someone but little for someone else but just wondering...
    40% in stocks. 60% idling in prize bonds.

Taylor365 wrote: »

Idling is right. Actually they're very 1980s. I need a statement of holding s for a mortgage application. Asked them to email a statement to me. Said they can't. Post only.

Actually they're very 1980s.
    That's the public sector alright...

40% of your total savings? or 40% of the total you have invested?

Idling is right. Actually they're very 1980s. I need a statement of holding s for a mortgage application. Asked them to email a statement to me. Said they can't. Post only.

Just get them to fax it to your home fax machine.

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Just get them to fax it to your home fax machine.

or by carrier pigeon or steamer express?

or by carrier pigeon or steamer express?

Think Haddington Road got the pigeons early retirement unfortunately for you. Might be able to post you a floppy disc though if ya must have it digitally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

If you hold an accumulating ETF on DeGiro, is there a way to see the amount of dividend re-invested vs. loss/gain in value?

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to set a trailing stop-loss on degiro?

They have it listed in their FAQ but I haven't been able to find it.

To answer my own question for anyone else curious, I contacted them.

They currently only offer trailing stop orders on German stocks. They are planning to introduce it for other countries but do not have a time frame.

Sugar Free wrote: »
    If you hold an accumulating ETF on DeGiro, is there a way to see the amount of dividend re-invested vs. loss/gain in value?
    I thought Degiro didn't do drip...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

What's all this about ?

455149.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What's all this about ?

455149.png

It's fairly self explanatory. They changed the bank account used for transferring funds to them so they're notifying you to ensure you use the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I thought Degiro didn't do drip...

They don't to my knowledge but they do offer some accumulating / non-distributing ETFs. My question was phrased poorly but I was trying to ask if you can see the amount or % that is re-invested vs. the growth in the underlying indice.

I don't think it's possible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RockDaddy

I have just registered with DeGiro. Does the account activate straight away or does it take a while before you can log in?

It wont log me in now.

Can someone explain the fees please? Doesn't make sense to me. :)

Let's say you put 500 euro into an irish companies shares like glanbia.

How much would it cost and what ongoing fees are there?

It is pretty straight forward. Read the fee schedule (irish based shares). Don't forget the 1% stamp duty.
    Pussyhands wrote: »
    Can someone explain the fees please? Doesn't make sense to me. :)

Let's say you put 500 euro into an irish companies shares like glanbia.

How much would it cost and what ongoing fees are there?

RockDaddy wrote: »
    I have just registered with DeGiro. Does the account activate straight away or does it take a while before you can log in?

It wont log me in now.

You should be able to log in but you can't do any buying or trading till you upload your government ID. Did you receive an activation email?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭howiya

el diablo wrote: »
    You should be able to log in but you can't do any buying or trading till you upload your government ID. Did you receive an activation email?

If I recall correctly you couldn't see much before you funded your account

It is pretty straight forward. Read the fee schedule (irish based shares). Don't forget the 1% stamp duty.

Doesn't really make sense to me...

Irish shares - BOI for €1000, €2.40

Does this mean for 1000 euro of BOI shares you pay 2.40? What if you want 500 euro of BOI shares?

• Advertisement

(€ 2.00 + 0.04%) + 1% stamp duty.

Example:
    To purchase €1,000 BOI is :: €2.00 + (€1,000 * 0.0004 = 0.40) + (1,000 * 0.01) = €12.40

To purchase €500 BOI is :: €2.00 + (€500 * 0.0004 = 0.20) + (500 * 0.01) = €7.40

Edit - to make it clear in my calculations above:
    1% = 0.01
    0.04% = 0.0004

Advertisement