Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

garmin handheld (e.g. GARMIN GPSMAP 76)

• 14-10-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can log data from a handheld garmin GPS, 'on the fly', to a laptop, using the data cable? I need it to feed into some non garmin software to give me Lat/Lon data. I know it will go into Mapsource, but this isnt what im looking for.

For example, with a marine GPS such as the Garmin 720s, you are given auxilary outputs which can be crimped into a serial port and you can use the options menu to switch on different data sets to send.

thanks,

James

Advertisement