Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

So many bearish predictions!

So many moonboys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,972 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Thargor wrote: »
    These swings are starting to get pretty dramatic in terms of overall portfolio balance at these high levels, Im checking my phone every 5 minutes like a fresh young 2017 virgin again.

I've a few phones on checking to watch what's going on all the time.

It's actually great relief sometimes to sell at high and take time out away from it all.

That said the FOMO as they say keeps me checking the odd time for good dip price.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

BTC/VIA co-ordinated pump this evening on Binance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Default assumption for 99% of people is that prices are in USD.

For people on boards?

I hate when prices are quoted in dollars and not explicitly stated. If this was an American or even a global forum, I could understand. But the people on this forum are (predominantly) in Ireland. We use the euro. We put euro in to crypto and we take euro out.

Not sure why some people can't understand that...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Jeff2 wrote: »
    It's actually great relief sometimes to sell at high and take time out away from it all.

Exactly what I did earlier this evening. I started in late Jan with 10K and today my portfolio crossed over into the 6 figure mark for the first time. I exited everythng (except stupid ZIL of course) and went and poured myself a drink. Market looks kinda boring tonight so I'm just going to sit back and take it all in. I've never had anything near this amount of money before in my life.

I hope everyone else is doing great too. Long may this bullrun continue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

Rob2D wrote: »
    Exactly what I did earlier this evening. I started in late Jan with 10K and today my portfolio crossed over into the 6 figure mark for the first time. I exited everythng (except stupid ZIL of course) and went and poured myself a drink. Market looks kinda boring tonight so I'm just going to sit back and take it all in. I've never had anything near this amount of money before in my life.

Wow a 10x return in 4 months time is stunning. Congrats. Which one gave you most return?

Looks like might be going down to a buy price soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Irish_rat wrote: »
    So many moonboys :)

I dunno, they’ve been right so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Thargor wrote: »
    These swings are starting to get pretty dramatic in terms of overall portfolio balance at these high levels, Im checking my phone every 5 minutes like a fresh young 2017 virgin again.

NFTs are the ICOs of 2021, but there's so much else there basically verbatim from the playbook that I'm honestly getting Deja Vu.

The main difference this time being in the geopolitical uptake (Venezuala previously, Turkey now) and the supreme confidence in the staying power of crypto as an entity compared to its nascent form last time round.

My goal now is to catch a couple of BSC coins and GTFO, leaving my top 10 cap stuff to settle for another few years. Easier said than done :D

SummerK wrote: »
    Wow a 10x return in 4 months time is stunning. Congrats. Which one gave you most return?

More like 3 and a half months :p

THETA was leader for a long time. Followed by ADA. Until FEG eclipsed them.

Not that I'm qualified to give any advice but I will say that most important is to read, watch and listen to absolutely everything in the space. That includes the dankest degenerate Telegrams to BitBoy's YouTube streams and everything in between. And look at charts. You don't have to fully understand them but you start to notice the patterns after a while.

And go in with all you have. This craic of throwing a "cheeky 100" at something is a waste of time. Might as well f**k off down the bookies with the rest of the losers if that's the case.
    If you want your money to work instead of you then you have to put as much monetary energy to work as you can. Invest 90% of your wealth. We are in the middle of the most absurd money making machine that most of us will ever see and it's not going to last. Next year we'll be looking back cursing that we didn't put in more. Scared money never made money.

And don't buy DOGE.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

More like 3 and a half months :p

So many questions...

Were you trading full time?

What was your approach to risk, spot trading, margin trading, futures?

So tonights big question....

Will BTC continue to see support at $53k

I'm buying now. :)

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I'm buying now. :)

Looks like 53.2k, 53.3k support is holding just like the last couple of drops.

So far........

550958.png

Graham wrote: »
    So many questions...

Were you trading full time?

What was your approach to risk, spot trading, margin trading, futures?

No just holding. Been doing a little trading in the last week since everything has been kinda sideways. Which is what I SHOULD have been doing all along. I'd have so much more now if I hadn't eaten those two or three big dips so far this year. Best thing I did was learn to save myself from the drop.

-Keep everything on the exchange ready to move
    -STOP STAKING. Absolute waste of time. What's the point of earning 20 quid a week if the price drops by 100's???

My approach to risk is DYOR. This year good projects will do well so know which ones. At then end of the day there's not much risk involved at all. ADA isn't going to get rug pulled like. (although that would be hilarious)

The real risk is not going in hard on this stuff and going back to working for the rest of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

JFC and JM&J!!

I thought you were a fellow mining newbie just getting into GPU ethereum mining to help pay for your PC not a boardsie crypto investing ‘whale’ whos made 6 figures in only his first 3 months. Why couldn’t we have crossed paths in January and I could have ridden your crypto investment coat-tails to riches beyond my wildest dreams! LOL :D:D

Calibos wrote: »
    I thought you were a fellow mining newbie just getting into GPU ethereum mining to help pay for your PC

Well that is also true, I am a mining noob. unkel on here has been good for helping me in that regard.

But yeah it's not that hard to make money right now. Just put decent amounts into good projects. Everyone's a genius in a bull market and all that :)

Still too much red everywhere. Think I might take today off.

Well that is also true, I am a mining noob. unkel on here has been good for helping me in that regard.

But yeah it's not that hard to make money right now. Just put decent amounts into good projects. Everyone's a genius in a bull market and all that :)

Did you have to argue your case with a significant other about risking the initial 10 grand stake back in January or was the first thing they knew about it when you showed them your new bank balance after you cashed out the other day? LOL :D (I know technically you haven’t converted back to Euro yet and the ‘money’ is in a ‘wallet’ somewhere until you decide on how to deal with CGT)

Calibos wrote: »
    Did you have to argue your case with a significant other about risking the initial 10 grand stake back in January or was the first thing they knew about it when you showed them your new bank balance after you cashed out the other day? LOL :D

Just me so I don't answer to anyone! :pac: Nor would I even if I had a gf.

Your money is your own, do what you want with it. If she doesn't like then she knows where the door is. We'll all be able to afford the finest Ukrainian brides when this is over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

dotsman wrote: »
    For people on boards?

I hate when prices are quoted in dollars and not explicitly stated. If this was an American or even a global forum, I could understand. But the people on this forum are (predominantly) in Ireland. We use the euro. We put euro in to crypto and we take euro out.

Not sure why some people can't understand that...

I get you dont like it being quoted on USD but for practically everyone in Europe they quote the prices in USD

Just me so I don't answer to anyone! :pac: Nor would I even if I had a gf.

Your money is your own, do what you want with it. If she doesn't like then she knows where the door is. We'll all be able to afford the finest Ukrainian brides when this is over!

Jaysus, I’m all excited because my ‘Spare no expense Dream PC’ (which mining will help pay for) is being delivered today and now this morning I’m thinking that perhaps there was a better place I could have ‘invested’ that 5 grand! LOL :D

Graham wrote: »
    Looks like 53.2k, 53.3k support is holding just like the last couple of drops.

So far........

550958.png

We wicked below support but have produced a higher low.

and back around the same level now

550963.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Going to buy some more myself. Ethereum is my preference rn just because of growth potential. It should 4-5 x this year

Going to buy some more myself. Ethereum is my preference rn just because of growth potential. It should 4-5 x this year

I agree. ETH the best safe choice for the rest of the year IMO.

Think I'll give it another day before I start buying things again. Just to be sure. Alt season gonna be good though!

I finally finish up in my FIAT job tomorrow. A few months built up holiday pay going straight into BTC.

I finally finish up in my FIAT job tomorrow. A few months built up holiday pay going straight into BTC.

You are the true winner here sir!

I agree. ETH the best safe choice for the rest of the year IMO.

Think I'll give it another day before I start buying things again. Just to be sure. Alt season gonna be good though!

Starting over with a 10 grand stake again or are you going to put some of your gains from the last 3 months back in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Congrats :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement