15-03-2021, 23:45   #346
Snow_White1987

Hi all,

Has anyone here successfully applied for the Covid-19 Part Time Job Incentive for the Self Employed and did it take long to get?

My PUP is now closed (closed last Friday but I got what I think is my final payment last Tuesday) as I was earning slightly over the €980 but still not back to full time work as self employed so thinking of applying for this as it would really help.

Do you have to fill out a time sheet every week and post it back? I definitely don’t work over 24 hours a week at the moment which is why I’m thinking of applying...

Thanks in advance for any info on this.
Advertisement
16-03-2021, 18:51   #347
Snow_White1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senature View Post
Yes I have. I was only on PUP for 5-6 weeks when I got more work so was going to be earning over the threshold for PUP. Transition was smooth enough. That payment is a more manual operation than PUP. Need to print and post the form to apply, and send in another form every four weeks stating that you are working less than 24 hours per week.
Can I ask how long it took you to be awarded that payment?

I applied electronically today (you could edit the PDF with your details and use an electronic signature) and emailed it to my local intreo office. Only technically, it looks like you have to still be on the PUP when you apply, I'm literally just off it so I don't know if that'll hinder me – it's also why I emailed my stuff over as it's a BH with Paddy's Day and the post will only delay me more!

Very nice man on the helpline said if they were finicky about the date, to go back on PUP for literally a week, reapply for part-time payment again and close PUP straight away, but it seems very messy so I'm hoping I'll still get awarded it!

He said so few were on that particular payment that he didn't know too much about it.
17-03-2021, 00:07   #348
Senature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_White1987 View Post
Can I ask how long it took you to be awarded that payment?

I applied electronically today (you could edit the PDF with your details and use an electronic signature) and emailed it to my local intreo office. Only technically, it looks like you have to still be on the PUP when you apply, I'm literally just off it so I don't know if that'll hinder me – it's also why I emailed my stuff over as it's a BH with Paddy's Day and the post will only delay me more!

Very nice man on the helpline said if they were finicky about the date, to go back on PUP for literally a week, reapply for part-time payment again and close PUP straight away, but it seems very messy so I'm hoping I'll still get awarded it!

He said so few were on that particular payment that he didn't know too much about it.
It was awarded almost immediately, I can't remember the exact time frame. I think I closed my PUP claim and then applied the next day. At the time the rule was that you needed to be claiming PUP the week before you applied to qualify. Fingers crossed for you.
Thanks from:
17-03-2021, 10:42   #349
Snow_White1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senature View Post
It was awarded almost immediately, I can't remember the exact time frame. I think I closed my PUP claim and then applied the next day. At the time the rule was that you needed to be claiming PUP the week before you applied to qualify. Fingers crossed for you.
Thanks so much for the reply! Did they notify you letting you know you were successful can you remember? Or did the funds just appear in your bank account? Also, is it paid on a Tuesday the same as the PUP?

My claim was closed, I received my last payment last Tuesday and applied yesterday so I’m a few days out I think - I literally only realised I was eligible for this one when I rang the COVID helpline yesterday!

I’m mainly worried about the 7 day gap working against me but I’m hoping they might overlook it as it’s only a few days...

I was told to re-apply for PUP if I’m refused it, stay on it for even one week and re-apply for the PTSE straight away then close PUP again but hoping I don’t have to do all that.

I presume it’s also a taxable payment like PUP?

So sorry about all the questions, there’s just not a lot on it at the moment!
24-03-2021, 14:35   #350
ATC110

Has anyone received the balance of rerate arrears yet?

The February payment was for up until November 2020

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion