Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Xbox app for PC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

3 month subs were €14.79 on cdkeys last i checked,buying 4 and getting a year for €60 isnt too bad as a fall back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dishonoured 2 added.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

EGcmnGgXkAE9RMs?format=jpg&name=large

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are DLC's included with most games? Would love to play Stellaris with all the new content, but not willing to spend a decent chuck of change on it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Kiith wrote: »
    Are DLC's included with most games? Would love to play Stellaris with all the new content, but not willing to spend a decent chuck of change on it right now.

From what I've seen it's just the base game unless it specifically says so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Kiith wrote: »

The DLC is included with the Stellaris on Xbox One version, there is no PC version from what I can see :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

There is a PC version and yes its on game pass.

@Kiith id say if you go with the ultimate sub you will get all DLC, thats how it was with other games when i had ultimate.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought that only applied to first party games like Gears 5.

Dcully wrote: »
    There is a PC version and yes its on game pass.

It doesn't show up in the Xbox (Beta) app anyway! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It doesn't show up in the Xbox (Beta) app anyway! :(

Coming soon....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Playable for me right now.

Wx2qxEG.jpg

Yep, its playable alright

Dcully wrote: »
    Playable for me right now.

[IMG/]https://i.imgur.com/Wx2qxEG.jpg[/IMG]

Shows for me now when I search!
    It didn't last night, even though I only posted in the thread this morning :)

Odd that the Xbox version comes with the addons and the PC version doesn't.

Sweet, the gift that keeps on giving.

My trial of this is almost coming to an end, anyone see any good deals to keep it going. Since theres also an xbox in the house it makes sence to renew ultimate i guess. Best deal I can see at the moment is 3 months for 21euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

No UFC or Fight Night yet?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Taylor365 wrote: »

Highly unlikely to see EA sports games going in when EA have their own subscription service I would have thought.

Taylor365 wrote: »

Are they available for PC? Dont see them on Origin.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They never made it onto the PC, only on the consoles AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Shiminay wrote: »
    They never made it onto the PC, only on the consoles AFAIK.
    Yea, no PC releases to date. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

EJW1QhcWsAAeOYF?format=jpg&name=large

EJW1zkSWoAAXrdS?format=jpg&name=large

Witcher 3, Remnants from the ashes and Rage 2 are console only

Edit: Rage 2 is on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

hahahahahah just to highlight how stupid these services and I am, i bought AOE2DE completley forgot who was making it. Like fcuking DUH of course it would be on game pass.

Suppose i can still play it after next feb now :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hah, i was just about to pre-order the MCC until i remembered it would be on Game Pass on day 1.

The service really is good value for money. Fair play to Microsoft for finally bringing a good service to the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Only issue I have with it was using the xbox chat with a friend over text and talking about a particularly hard time he is going through (domestic abuse) and I ended up getting a ban for a day.

It looks like Microsoft are monitoring everything said over the app so be careful what you say.

Not sure id pay the regular price of €14.99 a month for it but with all the discounts its a bargain

Calhoun wrote: »
    Only issue I have with it was using the xbox chat with a friend over text and talking about a particularly hard time he is going through (domestic abuse) and I ended up getting a ban for a day.

It looks like Microsoft are monitoring everything said over the app so be careful what you say.

Oh dear. I wonder does that apply to Xbox console aswell.

I still use steam chat when im on it. Just aswell.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Oh dear. I wonder does that apply to Xbox console aswell.

I still use steam chat when im on it. Just aswell.

I am not sure as my friend didn't get any action and he was on an xbox console and I was on the webapp but the enforcement was on both my console and web app.

The content of our conversation was private but it was fairly raw as the subject matter was adult orientated as he was describing a violent incident.

Lesson here is be careful what you say over the text chat as could lead to an easy ban for you and there is no real way to dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Calhoun wrote: »

Lesson here is be careful what you say over the text chat as could lead to an easy ban for you and there is no real way to dispute.

Its 2019, not sure of your age but seriously?

Lesson here is dont say **** on any app.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its 2019, not sure of your age but seriously?

Lesson here is dont say **** on any app.

What does my age have to do with anything? it was a private chat over an app with a friend.

I normally wouldnt use it but he just happened to ping me on it.

• Advertisement

A few new games added today including RAGE 2.

Advertisement