Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heavy rain from Tuesday Night to Thurdsay Night

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Why isn't it raining yet? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I've to do a 4 hour walking tour of dublin and play two tag rugby matches tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions for clothing? Do I go super waterproof and try to fight it, or do I go out with board shorts, flip flops and a hip flask of whiskey and embrace it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

definitely the latter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 StormLord

Will things get bad in Dublin? If so, in how long? I have an elderly relation whose home has a flooding issue. I want to warn them about the bad weather because it hasn't been well forecast, but at the same time I don't want to be waking them up in the middle of the night and panicking them. Will Dublin be hit severely before morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

bucketing down all night in Cork. Alot of surface water around this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Lashing in Kilkenny. Enough is enough already. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Lashing in Kilkenny. Enough is enough already. :(

Hopefully August will continue this summer's trend and produce at least one really fine week

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

13.6mm so far today/month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Waterford City is getting away with it by the skin of our teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

is there more rain due in dublin today? seems to be drying up and want to take the kids out and about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just calming a little here by Cork airport now and the rain has stopped for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy rain in Galway city 14.0mm since midnight, 10.2mm in the last hour

Temp dropping slowly but steadily, 18.4C now down from a high of 20.3C at noon

RH 95%
    DP 17.6C

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Grand day in North Meath now, Blue sky in the distant and the sun is starting to peek through. i was expecting weather totally different to what we've got now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Heavy rain here.

16.4 mm since midnight. Most of it falling in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm not kidding just had a biblical, monsoon like shower in Cork City right now -never seen rain so heavy!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

No rain during daylight hours. Just 2.5mm recorded overnight. Mild, muggy and breezy with a current temp of 18.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

No rain and relatively calm in Westmeath. Wondering if we will be bypassed this time..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Thundery downpours here for most of the afternoon.
    I wonder is this rain as heavy as the rain we had back in November 2009? I ask because, while i was out of the country at the time, that rain led to major flooding - something that has never happened here before, at least not in my life time. I suppose the rain back then much have lasted a good deal longer, rather than being of any greater intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

No heavy showers in Naas all day. The sun was out for a good part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Cork City Council sent out a weather alert earlier on.

I wish they would include the text in the SMS though rather than a web link...

http://www.corkcity.ie/sw/
    Weather Warning : Code Level Orange

Torrential downpours with severe thunderstorms.

Valid from 15:01 Thursday 1-August-2013 until 06:00 Friday 2-August-2013

It seems to be clearing up though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement