Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exhaust fan blowing a gale!

• 23-01-2020 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Just been having an issue with the rear exhaust fan, it's running of it's own accord from 1300 up to 2300rpm regardless of how I set it in the BIOS?

For info it's an ASRock Z170 running an i5-7600k clocked to 4.5 with Corsair H80i AIO watercooler, Corsair fans one in front, one out the back.

I set the intake fan on the same curve and it runs in the few hundred RPM range so it is confusing me a bit!

One interesting thing, (maybe), is that the exhaust fan is in the Fan 1 header and reads as Fan 1 in the BIOS but HWMonitor reads it as Chassis fan 3, but there is none obviously.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Its's actually throwing in a dodgy reading of 19640rpm on both the BIOS and HW monitor as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Replace the fan, its PWM sensor is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Thanks, I'll try that. Pretty sure there's a spare that came with the AIO.

Advertisement