Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monster Hunter World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nope it has normal 3 alright and hits like a truck, its also the best water based LBG for PC now and pretty good for spread and pierce also.
    Im well aware of elemental LBG i used Empress Shell "Styx" for far too long on Kulve.

As for karma+ yeah its very good the Ghost is a big upgrade on it in the same tree, im guessing you havent unlocked it yet?

The reason everyone is farming the festival weapons is they are close to meta on PC and no upgrade path, just get your tickets from the quest and craft.

@Jaxxx controller is so slow for me compared to M&KB just comes down to whatever your comfy with but nothing beats keyboard hotkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Guild Palace Bowgun? Has single-shot NM1 (not NM3), and elemental bowguns are often best when they rapid-fire the element of choice. It's why people grabbed stuff like Empress Shell "Styx" because it had passive Razor-Sharp along with rapid fire Water + Thunder ammo, which is great for Kulve Tiroth (covered in gold) then swapping to Slicing for the Horns. Either you're referring to a different Bowgun or I'm just not seeing what's special about it. Karma (to me) is infinitely better with R-NM2, access to R-NM1 (filler) and standard NM3 if you want to snipe, as well as regular Slicing ammo, Sleep/Para/Poison, Rapid Exhaust (handy now that monsters enrage so often), and a few elements if you really want to go that route. I used to roll with NM3 ammo in the bag for testing and they can certainly perform chunky damage, but I find that style a bit irritating when Monsters are flailing about all over the place, more-so in multiplayer when they'll rotate between multiple different targets. These days I stick with R-NM2 and if it turns around, start slicing up that tail.

I have yet to see anything to tempt me away from good ole Karma so far. Also really liking the Clockwork build. It's just nice all-round and can setup some meaty burst windows and boom those barrels to greater effect. Took on an Anjanath for story purposes and I can't tell if I just annihilated it in 5min or if they nerfed it due to being a story-based fight rather than a standard optional/investigation/event.

Lastly, just randomly encountered a Savage Pickle during an optional for the first time. Geezuz H Christmas, that thing is relentless as all hell and was doing so seriously crazy shenanigans. Practically solo'd three other monsters for us (inbetween running away from it for 10minutes without cease). Hella fun with a hint of terror.

Hehe.... hehehehehehe......... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy. Oh you poor poor fool. You ain't seen nothing yet!!

February 6th: prepare to meet actual hell :D

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

You've all had MH World on PC much longer than me. Have you ever experienced weird crashes? The screen goes black, the game music still plays and you have no control over anything. Ctrl+Shift+Delete doesn't work, nothing like that works, the game is not actually running except for the music. Happens every so often for me.

No issues at all my end.
    Sounds like a driver stopped responding, you up to date on GPU drivers?

Dcully wrote: »
    No issues at all my end.
    Sounds like a driver stopped responding, you up to date on GPU drivers?

Yup. Only a new PC too, maybe 2 months old at most. Planet Zoo crashes on me too sometimes, but it just crashes to desktop. Whereas for World, the screen just goes black, the game's background noises are still there, but I can't do anything except restart the PC.

• Advertisement

jaxxx wrote: »
    Yup. Only a new PC too, maybe 2 months old at most. Planet Zoo crashes on me too sometimes, but it just crashes to desktop. Whereas for World, the screen just goes black, the game's background noises are still there, but I can't do anything except restart the PC.

This is getting ridiculous, it's crashing every time I play. Might not be even 5 minutes in, crash. May be 1 hour in, crash. I don't even know if it is crashing, as I said the screen just goes black as though the monitor has actually turned itself off

jaxxx wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous, it's crashing every time I play. Might not be even 5 minutes in, crash. May be 1 hour in, crash. I don't even know if it is crashing, as I said the screen just goes black as though the monitor has actually turned itself off

I'm done. 4 times now I've tried to do that first Garuga quest, each time during the hunt it just goes. I've emailed the crowd I bought the computer off of because this is absurd. It more than meets the recommended requirements of the game.

How long gave you got it?
    Who built it?
    Try some stress test siftware.
    Post over on pc building forum...we have some experts over there.

How long gave you got it?
    Who built it?
    Try some stress test siftware.
    Post over on pc building forum...we have some experts over there.

LOL, I've literally just done that the exact same minute you posted this :D

No more than 2/3 months. I bought it from CCL in the UK. Any stress software you'd recommend (I'm a complete technonoob). I'm good at using them, not so good when it comes to understanding their internals.

I can hear that goddamn purple Joker-turkey laughing at me! Grr I will get you Garuga....

I'm convinced it's your gpu or gpu driver...if it was overheating it would be a full crash.
    Could it be your power profile turning monitor off.

Prime95 is good to stress test.

• Advertisement

All going good so far now, touch wood.

Ugh, I frickin' hate Elder Dragons. Kirin/Kushala/Lunastra/Velkhana, they all kick my ass AND THEY NOT EVEN TEMPERED! Grrr. Teostra and Nergigante on the other hand, I can feed them their own horns for days! So far away until I can face Ruiner again.. .. .. I'm only at MR50!

Just read your post or on PC upgrading forum, glad your sorted.

Ive grown to love the Gunlance, so tanky and them explosions wow, have a few builds going for it with a few different Gunlances.
    Also got the Loyal Thunder HBG and holy **** its the most OP weapon in the game they say and i can see why.
    Ive hit MR72 so still some monsters havent encountered yet so gear wise my builds are mid tier but pretty solid.

Can i just say the guiding lands is fantastic, spent 3 hours solid in there lastnight fighting tempered 3 monsters and even two elder dragons showed up.
    No need to exit mission or anything just monster after monster seamless gameplay,net result was fun and atleast one augment in my wish list completed that being health regen1 for the Gunlance.

Interesting video about weapon class tier list - basically DPS potential, few surprises but no surprise whats top.

Played quite a lot over the weekend, too much if the truth be known :P

Got a really good sticky and cluster ammo build going with the magda gemitus vulcan Heavy Bowgun and having too much fun with it.
    Soloed a few T3 tempered monsters with it which is incredibly satisfying considering ive no shield mod on this build but if i constantly land sticky ammo on their heads i KO them then let rip with cluster ammo.
    Never before have i felt so in control of the monsters, never thought id see the day i could keep control of scarred yian garuga [hes a maniac] in a solo fight, its a joy to play in a group but more satisfying solo.
    I dont use cluster too often in group play for obvious reasons but great for solo play.

Still enjoying my Gunlance too,gone with a mainly shelling build which is very enjoyable.
    Hammer as always still a lot of fun.
    Started a few light bowgun builds now too, working on a few builds for the Yain Garuga LBG.

Rajang and the volcanic region for guiding lands coming in a few days for PC too :)

So far LBG,HBG,Gunlance and hammer are ticking all boxes for me.
    Bowguns in particular just offer incredible versatility and build diversity, no wonder i ended up maining them in MHW.

Hold onto your butts and prepare to be crushed, Donkey Kong ain't got sh*t on this guy, releasing tomorrow on PC!

#ThisIsGonnaHurt

Remember.. .. .. this thing eats Kirin horns. WTF is it gonna do to you??

Seriously though, I've got PTSD from fighting this beast.. .. .. It don't have 666 written on its forehead, but by god i ought to!

Cant wait :D

Sometimes I really f*cking hate this game.. .. .. because sometimes the game forgets that it's an actual f*cking video game. What am I on about? Savage Pickle (aka Savage Deviljho). Can someone please explain the logic to me (I mean f*ck me for actually trying to introduce logic into a video game but this really is stupid as f*ck) where Guard Up can block f*cking obliterating supernova attacks from Teostra/Lunastra and f*cking literal earth-shattering laser/supersonic beams from Xeno-Jiiva/Safi-Jiiva/Shara-Ishvalda.. .. .. EVEN RAJANG'S KAMEHAHAHA!! !! !! BUT CANNOT BLOCK AGAINST A F*CKING JUMP?? ?? ?? There are 2 attacks in the game that are (and rightfully so) completely unblockable: Behemoth's meteor and Safi Jiiva's "sapphire star" [releasing next month for PC I think]. That's fine, those moves have a build up that can allow you to evade them no matter where you are, all you have to do is hide behind an impregnable rock. But a f*cking jump?? You're there chipping away at the big green b*stard as a Lance main, it decides to jump on you and there's sweet f*ck all you can do to evade/block the f*cking thing even with Guard 5 and Guard Up with the strongest f*cking shield weapon in the game?? ?? ?? BULLSH*T!! !! !!

I'VE EDITED THIS COMMENT SO MANY F*CKING TIMES IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!! !! !!

*ROARS*

Killed Rajang pretty easily there.
    Now to get some gear and weapons from him.

Killed Rajang pretty easily there.
    Now to get some gear and weapons from him.

All was going well with him for the first bit, though I had forgotten to replace a deco for Guard 5, so had to make do with Guard 4 which is still painful. Then A.Rathalos showed up. Things went downhill fast, despite me blowing all me dung pods and throwing on the temporal mantle. Then they split. Fought it some more. Then good old Jho boy showed up and sh*t hit the fan altogether. Now back to the MR grind. Just 2 away until I get to taste Nergigante's blood again!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Started a fresh file on this on the Xbox last night having played quite a bit on the Ps4 back when it originally released.

I see that they dish out a fairly decent set of armour and weapon right at the beginning now. I understand the sentiment behind it, allowing players to breeze through the base game as soon as possible and hit Iceborne content, but part of me thinks that's mistake. I would imagine a lot of new players are going to default to the Guardian and Defender gear straight away and miss out on the brilliant feeling of finally creeping out of Low Rank quests having incrementally gotten stronger across the duration of the story.

I'm balls deep in MHGU on the switch at the moment, and I don't recall there being any mechanisms in that that allow you to breeze through Low and High Rank village and hub quests in order to reach G Rank which they added when porting the game over from 3DS.

And yeah I get that you aren't forced to use Defender and Guardian gear, but so many people will look at the stats, automatically go "well I gotta use this", and miss out on so much of that early game experience.

goon_magee wrote: »
    Started a fresh file on this on the Xbox last night having played quite a bit on the Ps4 back when it originally released.

I see that they dish out a fairly decent set of armour and weapon right at the beginning now. I understand the sentiment behind it, allowing players to breeze through the base game as soon as possible and hit Iceborne content, but part of me thinks that's mistake. I would imagine a lot of new players are going to default to the Guardian and Defender gear straight away and miss out on the brilliant feeling of finally creeping out of Low Rank quests having incrementally gotten stronger across the duration of the story.

I'm balls deep in MHGU on the switch at the moment, and I don't recall there being any mechanisms in that that allow you to breeze through Low and High Rank village and hub quests in order to reach G Rank which they added when porting the game over from 3DS.

And yeah I get that you aren't forced to use Defender and Guardian gear, but so many people will look at the stats, automatically go "well I gotta use this", and miss out on so much of that early game experience.

Didn't know that these were new and a game changer. Only got this on Wed and played a bit last night so will be unequipping these for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Didn't know that these were new and a game changer. Only got this on Wed and played a bit last night so will be unequipping these for the time being.

Yeah, I mean you will obviously outgrow them as you hit High Rank, but to my knowledge they are designed to accelerate your progress through the base game to let players jump into Iceborne content quicker.

The armour in particular has potential to make you pretty tanky, so my concern for new players would be that they don't need to prioritise defensive moves and dodging early on, which could lead to bad habits later once the armour is no longer of any use.

Also you won't be required to delve into the crafting and skills until you outgrow that gear, so may not have great familiarity with those systems once you hit endgame.

I hear ya guys but lets be honest here the meat of the game or any looter is endgame therefore i understand why that gear is there but i also fully see the point about missing out on that magic of slowly getting stronger as you unlock gear and weapons.

A few invaluable links to high end builds to aim for, well worth bookmarking as theres tonnes of info and build ideas, meta mostly but while i love making my own builds for endgame Guiding lands farming you need decent builds.

https://imgur.com/a/iriEpFk

https://imgur.com/a/YXkhtRv

https://imgur.com/a/0nx7eyd

https://imgur.com/a/NRKFugw

https://imgur.com/a/nsRMU7G

https://imgur.com/a/2wC50gQ

Theres more for all other weapons over on Mathalos Nest Discord and MHW Discord

Feel free to add me on Discord Cully#5906 and i can send yee invites if you cant find them.
    I also have a quiet channel running. if anyone wants to do some hunts together.

Also a handy chart for monsters appearances in regions of Guiding Lands

https://imgur.com/a/Hhg6xhO

That's it. I'm going into hiding. The two 2 variants have been confirmed, and I don't wanna be anywhere near them!! Raging Brachydios and Furious Rajang. I'm off to Antarctica where I'll be safe from them!! !! !! Although they aren't available on PC until April.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of miss old B-52 flying in during a hunt and causing complete mayhem. Obviously it can happen in Elders Recess and in the Guiding Lands once the Volcano region is leveled up. Not the same though.

!^£"!&(^£("!*&&£!"^&!")£(!!@:!!">@!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAPCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PINS! MUTHA-FOOMA PINS!!!!

IF I CAN TANK A TEO/LUNA SUPERNOVA WITH GUARD UP AND RAJANG'S PUNCHING ONSLAUGHT, WHY CAN I NOT TANK A SIMPLE PIN!!?? LANCE HAS THE LONGEST UNSHEATHE TIME IN THE GAME, THERE AINT ENOUGH TIME TO ESCAPE ANY PIN EVEN IF YOU SEE IT COMING A MILE AWAY! WE CANT RUN/JUMP FROM IT LIKE LS/GS/HAMMER/GUNS/ETC!!!!!!

CAPCOM!!!!!!

*rant over*

Go for it, never too late to play one of the very best games ever made.

I'm getting sick of this f*cking game.. .. .. and I say that as a veteran of the series. Why the f*ck do you need to keep wounding parts to do maximum damage? Do the monsters develop Superman level healing where their wounds magically recover after a minute?? Once a part is wounded, how does it make f*cking sense that it's magically "un-wounded" after a short amount of time?? ?? ?? Turf Wars: GREAT! But then why do monsters sometimes decide "Eh, let's fight this small hunter instead despite the fact that we're in each others territory, this is totally how nature works!!". Some monster hit boxes, I swear they're almost as broken as Plesioth ever was (look it up)! And then there's my old favourite Guard Up.. .. .. able to block supernova dragon explosions, BUT CAN'T BLOCK A SIMPLE JUMP!? Safi'Jiiva unlocks in a few weeks, making every other end game weapon up until this point POINTLESS... pretty much exactly like Kulve Taroth did pre-Iceborne EXCEPT SAFI DIALS IT TO 11!! !! !!

*rant over

F*ck this sideways, I'm going playing Minecraft.. .. ..

Mods on PC that cut out the whole who,e wounding and even wall banging mechanics.
    Havent used them myself but a lot do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement