Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir Mobile SIM only €14.99 per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

ill try that now

after step 16 i don't see the eir APN...only the 2 meteor ones

after step 16 i don't see the eir APN...only the 2 meteor ones

You should select the data one you set up

WKE38wR.png

It didn't seem to setup though. There's no sign of the eir APN and i've tried several times.

• Advertisement

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    You should select the data one you set up

WKE38wR.png

yes i have that screen...so i don't need to setup another APN?

It didn't seem to setup though. There's no sign of the eir APN and i've tried several times.

Are you pressing save after you've set it up?

yes

I'm trying to setup a new APN...is that correct? Or should i be editing the meteor one?

yes

That's odd. Could try resetting to default and see if it pulls them back in. In the menu where you see the list of APNs press the three dots and reset.

• Advertisement

That's odd. Could try resetting to default and see if it pulls them back in. In the menu where you see the list of APNs press the three dots and reset.

I just reset mine and it found the 2 apns again. You need to select the data one after so it's selected like in the screenshot above.

OK so i reset and i have like you have in the screenshot. DO i leave it as is or do i go in and edit the meteor data one?

OK so i reset and i have like you have in the screenshot. DO i leave it as is or do i go in and edit the meteor data one?

Leave it as it is. Data should be working now. Turn off wifi to check. If you get any error let us know what it is.

OK it's working now thanks for the support :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Has anyone successfully ported over from Virgin ?
    I have spent over 2.5 hrs onto Eir this week trying to port 2 numbers and the amount hassle has been ridiculous. 4 days later, it's still has not ported over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Is this still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I reckon call 1800 303 719 and chance your arm. The sales rep will be only dying to sign you up.

I'll give it a shot in two weeks when my Virgin 3-months free deal is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Has anyone successfully ported over from Virgin ?
    I have spent over 2.5 hrs onto Eir this week trying to port 2 numbers and the amount hassle has been ridiculous. 4 days later, it's still has not ported over.

Yes. Be sure to tell them what deal you were on with VM. If it was 25/month it was Billpay & they need your VM account number to successfully port.

The online porting link (https://www.eir.ie/porting/) which Sales encouraged me to use simply does not work, & I gave that feedback. You must call 1905.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

banchang wrote: »
    Yes. Be sure to tell them what deal you were on with VM. If it was 25/month it was Billpay & they need your VM account number to successfully port.

The online porting link (https://www.eir.ie/porting/) which Sales encouraged me to use simply does not work, & I gave that feedback. You must call 1905.

Thank you.
    It actually finally worked itself. It took 6 days!!

Signed up for broadband along with this sim only deal. Got a text today to say €50 credit has been added to my account and will come off the next bill. I don't think that was mentioned in the deal so that was a pleasant surprise.

• Advertisement

Just got my first bill and it was higher than expected. I noticed on my daughter's itemised bill the following ...
    other sms
    25 May 18:57 57976 SMS 0.0899
    25 May 18:58 089xxxxxxx SMS 2.5000

Obviously some sort of scam. I have to say the webchat is a bit of a nightmare chatting to clueless people for ages trying to get it sorted. In the end it appears it's my problem and not theirs. This is the problem with this crowd. When something goes wrong it's impossible to talk to someone to get it sorted. A wee bit pissed off to say the least.

I presume if i text STOP to 57976 and then block the number it shoulkd be the end of it? Any pount in trying to get my money back?
    I know it's only 7.60 but i hate the idea of being scammed by these scum :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭avud

Just got my first bill and it was higher than expected. I noticed on my daughter's itemised bill the following ...
    other sms
    25 May 18:58 089xxxxxxx SMS 2.5000h

Obviously some sort of scam. I have to say the webchat is a bit of a nightmare chatting to clueless people for ages trying to get it sorted. In the end it appears it's my problem and not theirs. This is the problem with this crowd. When something goes wrong it's impossible to talk to someone to get it sorted. A wee bit pissed off to say the least.

I presume if i text STOP to 57976 and then block the number it shoulkd be the end of it? Any pount in trying to get my money back?

Hi
    I had a similar issue with unsolicited texts, I called Comreg and got a refund. Worth a try , best of luck.
    https://www.comreg.ie/contact/

avud wrote: »
    Hi
    I had a similar issue with unsolicited texts, I called Comreg and got a refund. Worth a try , best of luck.
    https://www.comreg.ie/contact/

thanks...i've emailed eir and will await their respnse before contacting comreg

thanks...i've emailed eir and will await their respnse before contacting comreg

Eir won't refund you. The premium text company will need to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Just to be aware that this could be MMS, I have an eir bill phone and not long after I signed up I had similar on my second bill, turns out I had sent a number of messages that included images and was charged 2.50 per text as it was billed as MMS

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Just to be aware that this could be MMS, I have an eir bill phone and not long after I signed up I had similar on my second bill, turns out I had sent a number of messages that included images and was charged 2.50 per text as it was billed as MMS

No it was 3 received texts

Took a bit of persuasion but Eir are going to compensate me. Fair play to them.
    Just doesn't sit well that these scum (not Eir) can just rob you of your money by sending YOU a text.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

other sms

You can opt out of premium text by
    Texting: PRSMSBAR to 50104

To opt in (competitions etc)
    Text: PRSMSALLOW to 50104

You can also opt out of premium calls by ringing eir customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭feedthegoat

In fairness to eir it took ages to port my number over from vodafone and they gave me 20 euro credit after I complained, credit where credit is due.

Advertisement