Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I agree dealz/Poundland can be a rip off
    Can of Heinz beans for example made for the beans smaller that the usual can

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

OmegaGene wrote: »

There was something earlier in this thread about Hovis (not sure if right brand) baking smaller loaves of bread just for Poundland/Dealz.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Wish Dealz would start selling shoe rail or storage

How the mighty have fallen...Imelda Marcos shopping in Dealz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

FanadMan wrote: »
    Have to look at the weight on the packs. A lot of the stuff is 10-20% smaller than you'd get in a regular shop for 5-10% cheaper.

They are still my favourite shop. Can get stuff that's not available anywhere else. And a lot of their cheap electronic gadgets are good quality and very hackable.

I agree. I always look at the €/per kilo etc on the self edge label. I go there to get stuff from the UK (sweets, crisps etc) that are not stocked by Tesco etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There was something earlier in this thread about Hovis (not sure if right brand) baking smaller loaves of bread just for Poundland/Dealz.

this happens with many items, poundland are meant to go to the manufacturer and ask them to make them their product for a certain price, so some shrink, not sure if some would also grow.

Dealz can be confusing as you have no reference at hand. If you go to tesco and YR brown sauce is supposedly on offer you can easily cross reference to tesco own brand, HP sauce etc, usually at least 4 other types. While in dealz it is often just the one.

The mulitpack bars usually have the overall weight on them, I would want it to get 150g or more for €1.50
    the heinz beans are 3x200g, so the same size as the small ones in tesco, which are 3x200g for 2.60. So dealz is a good bit cheaper, if you would be buying that size in tesco. I see many people buying those small pots (I would not dream of buying branded beans let alone the small pots!)

The 12pack of weetabix is 1.50, in tesco it is 2.39, the 72 & 48 packs in tesco work out pretty much the same price per weetabix as dealz. They could well be shrunken ones though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

That's the kind of thing they do alright. 5 packs where you'd get a 6 pack in tesco. Or a 5 pack with Buy 4 get 1 free emblazoned across it. There's bargains too but not on everything by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

YmgS43s.jpg?1

6xh8Knz.jpg?1

180g €1.50 limited edition
    Twin_Peaks_Dark_Choc_HPG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The smaller loaves are probably in the large multiples as their diet or ww bread, at only xx calories a slice (a slice being smaller).
    prinzeugen wrote: »
    I go there to get stuff from the UK (sweets, crisps etc) that are not stocked by Tesco etc.
    Speaking of which, anyone seen Vimto in any of the stores recently. I haven't seen it in my last number of visits, albeit they're generally once a month max.

• Advertisement

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Speaking of which, anyone seen Vimto in any of the stores recently. I haven't seen it in my last number of visits, albeit they're generally once a month max.
    Yep in my local store
    https://www.dealz.ie/vimto-original-cordial-725ml

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

zell12 wrote: »

After running a check through your 6000+ posts I gather thats in Galways, suppose that narrows the "local" down :D

Wannabe detective, eh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I would ask the workers and also scan the shelves, I have had them go out back and check and they have told me if stuff is due in or not likely to be back. Some lad was looking for vanilla coke in another thread, I spotted a full case on the upper shelf in mine, none in regular reach. I was also looking for xmas decorations and spotted a box of them up really high and got it down myself.

They seem very tight for space in the dealz I go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I actually lifted down a box off the top shelf last time I was in - looking for the foil takeaway containers, bigger gap on the shelf than the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

zell12 wrote: »
    Wannabe detective, eh :D

Yet still none the wiser on the "local" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wertyu12

They still not stocking the Sterilizing Milton Fluid no more. In any of their Dublin shops anyway?

• zell12 wrote: »
    180g €1.50 limited edition
    Twin_Peaks_Dark_Choc_HPG.jpg

I bought and tried the fruit and nut one and all I could taste was cheap chocolate no nougat no fruit or even nuts sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I bought and tried the fruit and nut one and all I could taste was cheap chocolate no nougat no fruit or even nuts sadly

I find the fruit and nut tastes fine

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Anyone know the % cocoa in the dark one?

• Advertisement

The bare minimum I'd say

• OmegaGene wrote: »

It tasted fine but I couldn’t taste and fruit or nut in it maybe I got a bad bad lol

UXXW7hl.jpg?1

H5FOmSw.jpg?1

m0av3Tn.jpg?1

Anyone know how much a sim card costs in Dealz?
    Now you can get SIM cards and mobile top up for Eir, Vodafone, Three, Lycamobile in store! Starting at only €1.50.
    https://www.dealz.ie/great-ideas/new-products-and-services-now-available/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I looked and iirc it was about 55%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

What are the power banks like in Dealz? I know they have one for 1.50 but I think they have more expensive ones too?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

What are the power banks like in Dealz? I know they have one for 1.50 but I think they have more expensive ones too?

Some guys review the different cheap ones on YouTube.

Big difference between them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Big Clive did reviews of most of them and found them to be ok, but the battery capacity numbers were a bit suspect.

Rough yt search as it's late and I'm not in front of the computer

edit - better search

https://www.youtube.com/user/bigclivedotcom/search?query=poundland+powerbank

Advertisement