Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance renewal

• 12-07-2019 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I took out a car insurance policy last Sept.

My first one with no driving experience which cost a bomb and a massive deposit. There's three people on the policy myself and 2 name drivers who have since then all passed the driving test and gotten full licences.

I'm set to get a hefty discount when we renew the policy in Sept. Last year when I took out the policy I had to put down a hefty deposit. My question is when the policy is to be renewed, do I pay another deposit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

When you took out the insurance last year did you pay an initial deposit and 10 or 12 monthly installments?

Usually when buying insurance you have two choices for payment. Either a once off lump sum of a large deposit and 10 or 12 monthly payments.
    If it was the latter and you want to do the same this September then yes you will need to pay a deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

If you are renewing with the same insurer, you usually don't have to pay a deposit

Advertisement