Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you have any body insecurities?

• 08-07-2019 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

This is something rarely talked about. Society generally assumes that it's women who have insecurities about their looks, height, weight etc...

I've met men who are insecure about themselves (and in particular some black friends of mine are insecure of their colour) just as much as my other female friends on appearance and race HOWEVER the large difference is that they almost feel extremely reluctant to discuss it whereas with women, that's not the case.

Is there a particular reason why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

my nose.

It was always quite crooked, deviated septum, a hump and a rather dooping tip.

I had a major rhinoplasty in June 2017 to correct the main structural deformities which improved things very significantly. I has really helped my confidence in a big way. I am much happier with my appearance now.
    Before I absolutely hated pictures whereas now I am happy out to be in a snap.

I am booked in for the second surgery in September which will make some refinements to the shape and position of the tip.

It will have cost me € 6,500 but to me it will have been worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Hairy shoulders. Feck it, hairy everything (except my head, typically!).
    I wouldn't say I'm insecure about it but would definitely prefer to have a trim before whipping the top off.

MrsTeal loves it though, freakin' weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Skinny fat, teeth aren't amazing (overcrowded in one spot) and feel awkward smiling for photos, and starting to look very thin up top (get quite self conscious when I can see a patch of skin fairly easily towards the crown, particularly in photos)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

WHAT !!
    4 posts in, and no one has mentioned penis size yet !!!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

greenspurs wrote: »
    WHAT !!
    4 posts in, and no one has mentioned penis size yet !!!

My ginormous penis !! :(

There , happy ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Belly. It's like any and all excess weight I'm carrying is right there. Take my shirt off and face front, all okay (for my age). Turn sideways, uh-oh.

Think I used to but I stopped worrying about how it looked and instead focused on learning what I could do with it.

Though martial arts - some kinds of dance - tai chi - running - swimming - and a few practices which focus on balance and intense acts of coordination I just love finding out what my body can do - and with what level of skill and precision.

If I had a magic button that could edit how certain things look I probably would use it sure - but in the absence of that I can not say I think about it much at all. How our bodies look is only one aspect of how we can evaluate them - and I have just learned to prioritise other forms of valuing mine that are not grounded in appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Think I used to but I stopped worrying about how it looked and instead focused on learning what I could do with it.

Though martial arts - some kinds of dance - tai chi - running - swimming - and a few practices which focus on balance and intense acts of coordination I just love finding out what my body can do - and with what level of skill and precision.

If I had a magic button that could edit how certain things look I probably would use it sure - but in the absence of that I can not say I think about it much at all. How our bodies look is only one aspect of how we can evaluate them - and I have just learned to prioritise other forms of valuing mine that are not grounded in appearance.

Deep ;)

If this was AH, I would say a hairy butt.

But as it's not AH, I have a slight bend in one ear I dislike. Aside from that. I am a fat bastard :D

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

Leaving aside the aggressively average penis, my biggest issue is the back and shoulder hair.

I wouldn't mind if it were evenly distributed but it's actually just random asymmetrical clumps all over my back. Basically, I look like a gorilla with alopecia :cool:

I'm heading off on holiday tomorrow, so a couple of days ago I decided to have a back and shoulder wax for the first time... Apparently, I'm a 'bleeder' :eek: but now it's settled down, the results are excellent.

Having said that, it was damn painful. Not entirely sure vanity will outweigh the pain next time - I think I'll be investigating the Veet option.

I got a full back and chest/ab wax done a few times. Back is't bad pain wise at all.

Chest is murder. The bit in the litte groove at the top of you chest between where your collarbones meet is very painful coming off. The bit below the bellybutton is pretty sore too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭realmoonunit

Hitting my 40's (well 41) and I have found that fat creeps on. I gym 3 times a week and typically weight lift, I never really had an issue with fat deposits, I would be lean by default. But for sure since hitting 40 I find that fat is an issue. Guess I'll have to up my cardio/ start some yoga.

oh and hair??? WTF, where did all these crazy bursts of hair come from, its like my back has gone through some sort of galmorphanization going on there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Acne scars across my shoulders from my teens, mid 40s now. My face escaped completely, luckily, but the scars still need special care in the sun.

Acne is a **** of a thing lads. A ****.

could you get dermabrasion or laser resurfacing or something cross the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

could you get dermabrasion or laser resurfacing or something cross the area?

Looked into it but the deepness of some of the scars would have only meant limited benefits, so not worth the cost.

In fairness for the small amount of sun opportunities I get it doesnt bother me that much, I really meant acne is a boll0x at the time its at its worst, from a confidence and relationship point of view. There seems to be lots more different treatments available these days so hopefully kids don't have to put up with as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Cyclepath wrote: »
    I'm heading off on holiday tomorrow, so a couple of days ago I decided to have a back and shoulder wax for the first time... Apparently, I'm a 'bleeder' :eek: but now it's settled down, the results are excellent.

Where'd you get it done if you don't mind me asking?

My ears. Spindly Thin arms for my age.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭seamusk84

No real eyebrows. Fecking fell out for some reason 5 years back and never regrew.

I used to have great eyebrows!

Advertisement