Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know More About Your Elves - #10 Freshpopcorn

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,172 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hi Freshpopcorn:

As a child, can you remember any particular act by someone (a parent or relative or community member) or event which you experienced which made Christmas 'extra special/ extra real/ extra magical'?

Christmas Eve's in general.
    Going to see Santa.
    I used like the evening having a special bath with a bath bomb/ getting Santa's cake/coke/carrots for Rudolph/etc and then ligthing the Christmas candle with my grandmother.(She's dead now).
    If you were The Weather God, would Christmas Day be [a] definitely white in your area; (b) crisp and snow-free; [c] some other variant of your choice?
    I don't like it being very icy/snowy in the days approaching because it can make Christmas shopping very hard.
    I like a nice crisp cold day. I don't mind the odd bit of snow tough so I wouldn't rule out a snowy Christmas day.
    Are you planning on participating in the proposed Christmas panto podcast if we can get it over the line? :D

I am very tempted to do it almost certainly I will.
    Have you a least favourite part/ aspect of the 'official' Christmas period?

As I said in another post I don't like people working up massive debts due to over spending.

Mainly I don't like family feuding and trying to keep everybody at peace/apart. Having to think about almost every detail of the days that they'll be around one another and how to prevent a fight/argument.

I don't like the flap people make out of cooking the Christmas dinner.(It may because of the pressure the media/shops put on people).
    Do you carve the turkey or is it done by another person?
    We have no set person to carve the turkey/ham. In our house it would generally be my mother. We'd generally set up everything in the kitchen counter and you get your plate and help yourself before heading to the table.
    Can you tell us a corny Christmas cracker joke?

Why was the snowman looking through the carrots?

He was picking his nose

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Are you a hot chocolate fan? If so what’s your favourite one?

Loughc wrote: »
    Are you a hot chocolate fan? If so what’s your favourite one?

I'd drink it very rarely.
    I used drink mocha's a good bit a few years ago.
    I had a really nice O'Conaill 'white hot chocolate a few times.(There based in Cork).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Apologies to Freshpopcorn and the other elves whose threads I’m just catching up on!

So if you could get the chance to choose any lighthouse in Ireland or elsewhere to be a keeper in for a week...where would you choose?

Sundew wrote: »
    Apologies to Freshpopcorn and the other elves whose threads I’m just catching up on!

So if you could get the chance to choose any lighthouse in Ireland or elsewhere to be a keeper in for a week...where would you choose?

Kind of generic I suppose but Hook Head!

• Advertisement

I'm not sure of the first news story I remember.
    I remeber seeing Princess Diana's car on the news.
    I also remember seeing Veronica Guerin's car a lot but I'm not sure if that's when it happend or during the trial.
    I also remember the Omagh bomb.
    Then there was 9/11 which I knew was terrible but I don't think I took a lot of interest in.
    The first news story I took interest in was the murder Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman. I was a similar age and I just found it all interesting. I honestly thought they were going to be fine and they just wondered off.
    At home the first news story I took interest in was the murder of Rachel O'Reilly. Everyday in the paper I wanted the paper. I remember the famous Late Late Show appearance. I was in 6th class at the time and the teacher left us have a discussion on it one day.

I remember snippets about of other news stories from when I was little but they probably don't have a lot of context.

Edit I noticed that question wasn't for me but I'll leave it here.

Advertisement