Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will pouring liquid nitrogen on top of a small amount of liquid propane freeze it ?

• 21-06-2019 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

will pouring liquid nitrogen on top of a small amount of liquid propane freeze it instantly or will it take time since propane freezes at -188 Celsius and liquid nitrogen boils at -196 Celsius.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mod note

Not a Health Sciences topic, moved to Physics and Chemistry forum, please note this forum charter applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭tphase

wsa30h wrote: »
    will pouring liquid nitrogen on top of a small amount of liquid propane freeze it instantly or will it take time since propane freezes at -188 Celsius and liquid nitrogen boils at -196 Celsius.
    No
    It will take some time

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭wsa30h

kurtosis i couldnt find the physics chemistry forum thats why i posted here the closest thing to it that i could find.

Advertisement