Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ratings Discussion Thread - Mod Warning #271 (26th June)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Leggo gets to play the HHH role in the feud because of his wall-of-text promos and completely unearned feeling of superiority :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Leggo gets to play the HHH role in the feud because of his wall-of-text promos and completely unearned feeling of superiority :pac:

Just need your man wearerealmarks or whatever his name is to come in here now to tell us that on top of us being Trump supporters that we all need to get to the gym and lose a few pounds. Might as well go two for two on the bizarre unverifiable statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

lawlolawl has been released from NXT after a series of poor jokes when given high profile opportunities. Some people just can’t cut it in the big leagues. And his name was terrible, we wanted to shorten it to just lawl, but he insisted and just never got over with the audience. We wish him well in his future endeavours.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

leggo wrote: »
    lawlolawl has been released from NXT after a series of poor jokes when given high profile opportunities. Some people just can’t cut it in the big leagues. And his name was terrible, we wanted to shorten it to just lawl, but he insisted and just never got over with the audience. We wish him well in his future endeavours.

Lads, the two of you should cut this out. Final warning.

If you've no desire to discuss the topic at hand without having to get into these sorts of personal shots, I can close the thread and we can move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Leggo Luger here would draw more ratings than RAW at the moment.
    Just picture it, Lex Luger made completely out of Lego. Could even tag with Balor.
    Only problem is ever time he gets the hot tag his hand gets snapped off and he's left standing there like a pleb.
    Bit of advise for you leggo, you might want to spend a bit of time on your writing skills. As someone who works in the industry(LOL) I think it's only fair I point that out to you. Reading through that mega sh!t post hurt my eyes.

You skipped over my reply the other day. Are you are putting me in the **** orgy you discribed too?

Out of interest, those figures you threw out with attendance fidgures for the shows in Dublin, Mania, Rumble, NJPW did you pluck them out your arse or are you recalling on memoery?
    Because half full front bar or whatever is not a valid way to actually account for how many people were there, nevermind what interest they have in any particular show.
    Also this information or data as you called it is the equivalent of me counting heads at a picnic and declaring more people like strawberry jam. It's nonsense and completely irrelevant dribble to suit your agenda and quite frankly is the reason you are now Leggo Luger forever!

I don't care about the ratings, never did, never will. But you and your carry on drew me in to post in the first place. So congrats on getting me out of the shadow for more than one post, you absolutely tool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This thread...

tenor.gif

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Leggo Luger here would draw more ratings than RAW at the moment.
    Just picture it, Lex Luger made completely out of Lego. Could even tag with Balor.
    Only problem is ever time he gets the hot tag his hand gets snapped off and he's left standing there like a pleb.
    Bit of advise for you leggo, you might want to spend a bit of time on your writing skills. As someone who works in the industry(LOL) I think it's only fair I point that out to you. Reading through that mega sh!t post hurt my eyes.

You skipped over my reply the other day. Are you are putting me in the **** orgy you discribed too?

Out of interest, those figures you threw out with attendance fidgures for the shows in Dublin, Mania, Rumble, NJPW did you pluck them out your arse or are you recalling on memoery?
    Because half full front bar or whatever is not a valid way to actually account for how many people were there, nevermind what interest they have in any particular show.
    Also this information or data as you called it is the equivalent of me counting heads at a picnic and declaring more people like strawberry jam. It's nonsense and completely irrelevant dribble to suit your agenda and quite frankly is the reason you are now Leggo Luger forever!

I don't care about the ratings, never did, never will. But you and your carry on drew me in to post in the first place. So congrats on getting me out of the shadow for more than one post, you absolutely tool.

Are you okay? I don’t remember even talking to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Are you okay? I don’t remember even talking to you...

Ah right, grand. I must have imagined it all so. Just gonna ignore you now. Enjoy driving the Leggo Express on your one man power trip to oblivion.

Sorry to everyone else for taking this off topic, but it never really was going to go anywhere after the first page or two.

Second thread I have tried to tell Leggo to realise if he just held off on the snidy remarks people would engage more.

Peace out! Enjoy the lectures!

You legitimately did imagine it though? I’m pretty sure we’ve never interacted, definitely not in this thread anyway, and you’re writing multiple aggressive multi-paragraph posts aimed at me. I genuinely don’t remember ever taking a mental note of the name nazmoalex before. What power do you think I have? What other thread did you “tell me” in? Who are you?!?

Lads...this place got weird... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

....so how about those Smackdown ratings eh?

• Advertisement

Don't know about "panic mode" but a week to go and Stomping Grounds ticket sales don't look good...

https://twitter.com/theee_fan/status/1140700724122333184?s=21

The blue dots are the available seats. Saw on Reddit that they're apparently doing 2 for 1 deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

With Super Showdown two weeks ago and this event more or less having rematches from that PPV was always gonna lead to poor sales. Rollins Vs Corbin and Kofi Vs Dolph are poor matches anyway so whose gonna want to watch them again. Lashley and Braun will probably fight again along with Lars and Lucha House party and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Revival defend against the Usos which will be another Super Showdown match but for belts.

Best thing AEW can do and I think they've already mentioned it is do only four PPVs a year or something like that. The hardcore fans will travel from a far distance if it's only four a year, sort of like the NXT takeovers and it allows storylines to build up for a few weeks with the blow off match coming at one of the PPVs where lads can give it 150% in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't know about "panic mode" but a week to go and Stomping Grounds ticket sales don't look good...

Something, something twitch, something Twitter, something social media trends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭NITRO95

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's ok everyone is watching it on social media and illegal sources.

It's up 100,000 from last week.

Glass half full, lads.

Glass half full, lads.

Against a huge NBA game then.
    F**k social media being created in the last year so people watch there instead :mad:

At least their live attendance and PPVs are still doing well.

Sure, Stomping Grounds is still almost half empty despite two-for-one tickets but it's not like any other US wrestling company is selling out events in 15 minutes or anything.

Maybe the ratings will get better if they have Shane on screen more often?

Perhaps they could double down on Roman? He had a solid two weeks there of not getting booed when people thought he might die.

If all else fails they can have Brock show up for 5 minutes and disinterestedly destroy everyone, making weeks of storyline irrelevant!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

NITRO95 wrote: »

I mean, I did say to you all earlier that me not watching was directly responsible for this...

Glass half full, lads.

Down 670,000 on this week last year apparently. Yowie Wowie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Omackeral wrote: »
    Down 670,000 on this week last year apparently. Yowie Wowie.

Don't worry hot products lose 20% of their audience year on year all of the time

It's gas how everyone is like, "WOAH! I am NOT saying WWE is dying, don't put words in my mouth!" But it's totally okay to insinuate that I'm saying WWE are a "hot product".

So make an actual point lads. Ratings are down and...what? They're going to lose their TV deal? Go out of business? The essence of my point is, "Yes this is a lull, but they've had things go up and down for years and people always act like it's the end of days, then things are fine again and they actually do better." That's a historically accurate statement. After the decline of the Attitude Era peak of ratings and two decades of peaks and troughs, they signed their biggest TV deals ever last year.

You're disagreeing with me on that and saying that this is VERY significant and different to all those other times. How exactly? Don't cut a weird promo on me, make it personal or hide behind smart comments, just make a point and explain how you feel this is significant.
    Perhaps they could double down on Roman? He had a solid two weeks there of not getting booed when people thought he might die.

Btw this was super classy.

More stats:

People are saying WWE being nearly under 2million viewers for an off-peak episode of Raw is a disaster. Their TV deal (which hasn’t kicked in yet) pays them approx $2.6billion through 2023.

The average NBA regular season game drew 1.2million viewers on ESPN and TNT. The NBA’s most recent TV deal sees them paid $24billion through 2025. Slight difference huh?

WWE are dirt cheap because there’s still a stigma around wrestling. But on a week-to-week basis they give a similar or better return to similar but more expensive programming, without reaching the highs of playoffs etc. What that means is that TV companies can sell advertising and clean up for profit, 52 weeks a year (NBA runs October through June, NFL only runs September through February), even when ratings are lower. It’s why NBCU wanted to renew SmackDown and why Fox’s bid was $205million per week (because NBCU had the right to match any offers up to $200million). For those who didn’t listen to the show where I broke all this down, NBCU (their current broadcaster who are ‘suffering’ with these ratings, yet wanted to renew) will actually pay more than Fox for Raw under the new deal at $265million per week.

Said it before but a three hour block of live entertainment on Monday nights is gold dust for networks that don't have NBA/NFL.

Especially at that rate. Like if it’s profitable for them to sell ads to the NBA at nearly ten times the price for 6 of the 8 months of the season with 1.2 million viewers on average, they’re cleaning up with WWE.

But that doesn’t sell newsletters...

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsWWE/status/1140387075017125888?s=19

This should probably go here rather than the humour thread

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ERG89 wrote: »
    This should probably go here rather than the humour thread

Well this whole thread has been humorous so you’re in the right place.

• Advertisement

NITRO95 wrote: »

"Smackdown was built around advertising Bayley on “A Moment of Bliss” and Xavier Woods vs. Dolph Ziggler. They also added Seth Rollins & Kofi Kingston vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn in a match announced during the program as the main event."

It's sad that all of the workers mentioned in this are actually pretty good but you just can't bring yourself to care about any of it because it's all happening under the WWE system of "each Sports Entertainer™ only has 5 moves and wins and losses don't matter so it's 50/50 booking all over".

Advertisement