Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

getting up to go to toilet at night

Options
  • 26-05-2019 6:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭

If you drink very little during the day and before you go to bed and yet get up many times to go to the toilet, why is that? Sometimes you go to the toilet and get back to bed and almost immediately have to go again for another tinkle. What I don't understand is that it seems I am passing about five times more urine than liquids that I have consumed! Where is it all coming from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

You need to visit the doctor boss.

47yo male and if I don’t drink much in the hour before I go to bed I don’t need to go during the night at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

bobbyss wrote: »
    If you drink very little during the day and before you go to bed and yet get up many times to go to the toilet, why is that? Sometimes you go to the toilet and get back to bed and almost immediately have to go again for another tinkle. What I don't understand is that it seems I am passing about five times more urine than liquids that I have consumed! Where is it all coming from?

Definitely something to see your GP about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tails142

You get a lot of your hydration from water held in food.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Some medications can cause water retention, but I guess you would know if you were on anything like that. Best get the GP to check you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

_Brian wrote:
    You need to visit the doctor boss.

_Brian wrote:
    47yo male and if I don’t drink much in the hour before I go to bed I don’t need to go during the night at all.

I did. Got the all clear. It's more so when I have to get up early or if I'm worried and can't sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

wait until you get old! trust me... lose count some nights

Advertisement