Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

hi all,

im sure you see this question all the time but im hoping you can help, were going away on 25th Sept, I realised my daughters passport is out of date so I sent in the application by passport express yesterday, however it takes 15 working days, which I thought I had loads of time.... but it isn't due until the 25th.

Does anyone have any feedback on the passport express turn around times at the moment?
    and is there anything else I can do to speed this up? I don't think I can make an appointment but I don't know if I can pick up the passport from them, even though it would be sooner than the date they advised it would be ready (excluding postal times)

im devastated that I let this happen, im normally so organised.

any help would be great guys thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

hi all,

im sure you see this question all the time but im hoping you can help, were going away on 25th Sept, I realised my daughters passport is out of date so I sent in the application by passport express yesterday, however it takes 15 working days, which I thought I had loads of time.... but it isn't due until the 25th.

Does anyone have any feedback on the passport express turn around times at the moment?
    and is there anything else I can do to speed this up? I don't think I can make an appointment but I don't know if I can pick up the passport from them, even though it would be sooner than the date they advised it would be ready (excluding postal times)

I got mine very quickly in the last fortnight. I applied by Passport Express on a Wednesday afternoon and it arrived by post on the following Tuesday (six day turnaround).

hi all,

I got mine very quickly in the last fortnight. I applied by Passport Express on a Wednesday afternoon and it arrived by post on the following Tuesday (six day turnaround).

hi all,

hi all,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

splinter65 wrote: »
    Your Irish passport must have expired a very long time ago because it must be 15 years since it was possible to “put a child on a passport” here.

Yes, seven years ago, so the children "disappeared" off it when I renewed. But that's not the problem with my daughter's application.

Anyway, I eventually managed to get through to someone in the Dublin passport office. It sounds like the only way around this is to make an appointment for an "urgent" application at the London office (even though it's not urgent) and get her UK passport copied there (as also suggested by fxotoole).

It seems strange that there's no way to get an appointment for just this purpose, other than going through the "urgent travel" route online and taking up a slot that might be needed by someone who actually needs to a passport in a hurry.

Your Irish passport must have expired a very long time ago because it must be 15 years since it was possible to “put a child on a passport” here.

Yes, seven years ago, so the children "disappeared" off it when I renewed. But that's not the problem with my daughter's application.

Anyway, I eventually managed to get through to someone in the Dublin passport office. It sounds like the only way around this is to make an appointment for an "urgent" application at the London office (even though it's not urgent) and get her UK passport copied there (as also suggested by fxotoole).

It seems strange that there's no way to get an appointment for just this purpose, other than going through the "urgent travel" route online and taking up a slot that might be needed by someone who actually needs to a passport in a hurry.

Strazdas wrote: »

oh great, that would be amazing!! thanks for that, theres hope for me yet :D
    Did you check the updates with your tracking number?

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Used the passport renewal online service and had passport within 36 hours of applying, seriously excellent service. Highly recommend (and cheaper than passport express!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Used the passport renewal online service and had passport within 36 hours of applying, seriously excellent service. Highly recommend (and cheaper than passport express!)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

My passport expired last year. I never got around to renewing it and I'm going to need one very soon but I've lost it.

I'm going to keep looking because the online process says it might required but if I can't find it on time what option should I choose when applying online - that it has expired or that I have lost it?

Does it really matter that I cannot find it? How often do they ask for the old one or what reasons do they need to see it?

I have a scan of it on my computer - might that be enough?

My passport expired last year. I never got around to renewing it and I'm going to need one very soon but I've lost it.

I'm going to keep looking because the online process says it might required but if I can't find it on time what option should I choose when applying online - that it has expired or that I have lost it?

Does it really matter that I cannot find it? How often do they ask for the old one or what reasons do they need to see it?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

That is her situation (born in the UK, was on my passport from when she was born until it expired).

The FAQs are clear enough on the subject; it's just that the process doesn't seem to cater for people for whom their passport is their only form of photo ID.

That's why I've been trying (but failing) to make contact with the London passport office :( - can't make an appointment if they never answer. I'm meeting her in London next week so was hoping we could call in then to sort it out.

You can make an appointment online. https://www.passportappointments.ie/

No need to ring them

That is her situation (born in the UK, was on my passport from when she was born until it expired).

The FAQs are clear enough on the subject; it's just that the process doesn't seem to cater for people for whom their passport is their only form of photo ID.

That's why I've been trying (but failing) to make contact with the London passport office :( - can't make an appointment if they never answer. I'm meeting her in London next week so was hoping we could call in then to sort it out.

No need to ring them

No need to ring them

No need to ring them

pc7 wrote: »

that's impressive I might use that next year when mine is out, however I couldn't use online for my daughter as she's 12. Think its for only over 18's

I would've been sceptical using the online myself but I think that's the way to go for renewals if that's the turnaround time :D

that's impressive I might use that next year when mine is out, however I couldn't use online for my daughter as she's 12. Think its for only over 18's

I would've been sceptical using the online myself but I think that's the way to go for renewals if that's the turnaround time :D

• Advertisement

My passport expired last yea. I never got around to renewing it and I'm going to need one very soon but I've lost it.

You can renew your passport online, even if you’ve lost it. You don’t need to find it to renew online.

Advertisement