Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland Team Talk X: The Long Hard Road to a Semi. MOD WARNING POSTS #1, #1474, #5707

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,947 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

does anyone really give a sh!t about what Zebo thinks or wants????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I think Aki is very much an excellent option at 13 and certainly as much as Ringrose.

Nonsense. Aki is an excellent player, but Ringrose is undoubtedly a better 13 - he's the undisputed second centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Wegians89

so you are stating that different rules should apply to different people, and discrimination is okay in some situations?

One is a world class player being paid by the irfu, who’ll make any Irish squad named by joe Schmidt no matter what.

The other was on a Munster contract, over hyped by some fans and likely would have been struggling to make squads regardless of playing in Ireland or abroad due to his difference in playing style to Schmidt. The emergence of players such as larmour, Addison, stockdale are all better andwhile Conway/ sweetnam are probably less talented suit Joes game plan better.

If it was Murray leaving after the World Cup he’d get the same treatment as sob

so you are stating that different rules should apply to different people, and discrimination is okay in some situations?

In sport, yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

This A to Y thing is going well then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Clegg wrote:
    SoB and Zebo aren't comparable talent wise either. If you're a world class player I'm sure that some leeway is given.

SoB hasn't been works class in years, different rules for those Joe favors i.e. his former players at Leinster.

Gimme a break anyone who's trying to put it any other way

Zebo up for champions cup best player would've made a huge difference last week, but Joe is a stubborn man and it cost us

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Lads, I can sit here issuing red cards all day to people who didn't bother reading the mod warning referenced in the TITLE OF THE THREAD.

But from now on I'm not going to bother. Any more mentions of Zebo you can relinquish your posting privileges for a couple of days.

ZERO TOLERANCE APPLIES.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

brinty wrote: »
    SoB hasn't been works class in years, different rules for those Joe favors i.e. his former players at Leinster.

This is nonsense. The SOB situation is the exact same as the POC situation in the last RWC cycle.

In other news toner out for all of six nations and possibly champions cup

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

In far more important news Toner has been ruled out for the rest of the 6 Nations and is a doubt to make the Champions Cup QF for Leinster.

Huge blow for Ireland. Really need Hendo or Beirne to make a miraculous recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Wegians89 wrote: »

Where is that coming from?

aloooof wrote:
    This is nonsense. The SOB situation is the exact same as the POC situation in the last RWC cycle.

That's BS, when's the last time obrien has put in a performance?? He was works class briefly but hasn't been for years and you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise

Paulie always put in huge performances in red or green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

stephen_n wrote: »
    Where is that coming from?[/QUOTE
    Indo tweeted it there not long ago. Ruaidhri o connor reporting it.

Wegians89 wrote:

Clegg wrote:
    Huge blow for Ireland. Really need Hendo or Beirne to make a miraculous recovery.

That is very dissappointing to hear. We need one of those two back ASAP if not both

feck... this is turning into a disasterous campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Who would want to be a MOD.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

That's BS, when's the last time obrien has put in a performance?? He was works class briefly but hasn't been for years and you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise

Paulie always put in huge performances in red or green.

Interested to know how 'brief' you think this period was?

Aside from that, the parallels with the POC are clear, so your point about Joe having his favourites i.e. former Leinster plays is, imo, nonsense.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Where is that coming from?[/QUOTE
    Indo tweeted it there not long ago. Ruaidhri o connor reporting it.

That's bad for both Ireland and Leinster.

That is very dissappointing to hear. We need one of those two back ASAP if not both

I’m pretty hopeful Quinn roux will surprise a few, he’s been excellent for Connacht and joe seems to trust him

• Advertisement

I’m pretty hopeful Quinn roux will surprise a few, he’s been excellent for Connacht and joe seems to trust him

I don't doubt that Roux will deliver a good performance, but set piece is so important to how we play, especially the line out. I really hope he steps up there with his calling.

Im pretty sure it will, its his kind of game to shine in..... he will help we ensure good ball retention, he'll tackle like a demon around the fringes.

the line out is the only area that i think is a bit unknown, but we now have 5 very able jumpers with Conan and SOB joining the ranks, who are probably that bit more of a jumping option than stander and VDF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

sydthebeat wrote: »
    feck... this is turning into a disasterous campaign

This is exactly what we need going into RWC. A chance to stretch the back ups. Also, if it helps to derail the hype train all the better.

This is exactly what we need going into RWC. A chance to stretch the back ups. Also, if it helps to derail the hype train all the better.

Agree with this. It’s the sort of injury crisis that can and has upset World Cup bids in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Clegg wrote: »
    In far more important news Toner has been ruled out for the rest of the 6 Nations and is a doubt to make the Champions Cup QF for Leinster.

What's the latest with those two - are either or both likely to be back for round 4? TBH we can manage the Italy game fine without them, but could really do with them back for the last two rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

mangobob wrote: »
    Who would want to be a MOD.

Certainly not the rockers, they hated those guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Hurrache wrote: »
    Certainly not the rockers, they hated those guys.

I admit I needed Googles help to make any sense of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I'd assume that different threads may have different rules?

My view is that the mod warning became outdated due to new information popping up, and should have no longer applied until the mods clarified the situation.

Below is last post by same mod on Ireland v England thread who is encouraging debate in Leinster thread by posting.

"Do not take this Zebo stuff to any other thread.

Thread closed."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭BoardAtWork

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Below is last post by same mod on Ireland v England thread who is encouraging debate in Leinster thread by posting.

"Do not take this Zebo stuff to any other thread.

Thread closed."

I didn't see that, and will now delete my post on the other thread.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭rm75

It'll be interesting to see if SOB is dropped from the squad after the weekend. Will Schmidt and the IRFU make it clear that different rules apply to different players.

No, he'll be selected until he moves form and injury permitting. He's had a lot of injuries so probably doesnt have that long left wouldn't begrudge him making the best of what he has left financially.
    It's entirely correct and indeed logical that we should always choose the home based player unless the alternative is significantly better. Players know this and are aware of the consequences should they decide to move.

I'd imagine that would be the end of SOB's international career and he knows it. He's a top class player but would be confident Ireland and Leinster can replace him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement