Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas out of season 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Graces7 wrote: »
    still eating supervalu mince pies...not as good as LIDL luxury but they are toothsome

jealous.com
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

A christmas present for the kids arrived from a relative in Canada this morning, he'd posted them on November 7th!!!
    Think that officially counts as out of season!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

DvB wrote: »
    A christmas present for the kids arrived from a relative in Canada this morning, he'd posted them on November 7th!!!
    Think that officially counts as out of season!
    I bet kids were delighted ! I would be

otnomart wrote: »
    I bet kids were delighted ! I would be

They were indeed! A genuine surprise!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Brilliant!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Home Alone on a few days ago, Christmas editions of the Vicar of Dibley and the Goldbergs in the last couple of days.

Somethings up this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Oldest one running around the house singing Jingle Bells last night for no reason whatsoever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Heading to London tomorrow to see the Strictly Come Dancing Live Tour. I bought is as a Christmas present for my goddaughter (who is extremely excited) - surely this counts as it’s a Christmas present???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Heading to London tomorrow to see the Strictly Come Dancing Live Tour. I bought is as a Christmas present for my goddaughter (who is extremely excited) - surely this counts as it’s a Christmas present???

It sure does!! Enjoy. We love strictly here in this house no doubt you’ll have a ball! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Oldest one running around the house singing Jingle Bells last night for no reason whatsoever :)

So funny I was doing my shopping in Dunnes last night and there was a little one running around singing jingle bells. Not one of yours? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Watched Bad Santa 2 last night, does that count as Christmas out of season?:)

Watched Bad Santa 2 last night, does that count as Christmas out of season?:)

It does indeed :)

Loughc wrote: »
    It sure does!! Enjoy. We love strictly here in this house no doubt you’ll have a ball! :)

The show was brilliant. We are staying in the hotel beside the O2 so ran into some of the stars in the bar afterwards. She got photos with Stacey, Jeannette, Aliaz, Graeme, Dr Ranj, Craig and Faye. They were all really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Does anyone know if there is a similar porduct to these that sell all year round. Not mini rolls, I'm looking for a chocolate filling not the white filling mini rolls have.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=297571151

These are amazing... why cant they do them all year round :pac:

I saw similar ones in Tesco yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

freida wrote: »
    I saw similar ones in Tesco yesterday

Oops. Upside down. But you get the idea. They had a 6 pack for 2 euro also

The show was brilliant. We are staying in the hotel beside the O2 so ran into some of the stars in the bar afterwards. She got photos with Stacey, Jeannette, Aliaz, Graeme, Dr Ranj, Craig and Faye. They were all really nice.

Oh that’s amazing. She must be thrilled!!!

We took our decorations down in decent time and boxed them. However, I am ashamed to say that they were left in a 'holding area' for too long this year and only got thrown up into the attic last night.

Plus, it was only done then because we were at odds about something else and she went into full martyr mode.

Me passing the things up to her in the attic asking 'What do you want next?', she kept saying that she couldn't hear me even though I was talking loudly up to her. So, I mumbled 'Sure you can fúcking stay up there' and of course she heard that with precision!

Oh that’s amazing. She must be thrilled!!!

Yea she was delighted. She takes dance lessons so she was showing Faye her dance moves!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

I still have a table centre piece on the kitchen table! I got a fresh pine one (fresh when I got it) and said I would put it away when the pine fell out, still going, although very dry but still

Yea she was delighted. She takes dance lessons so she was showing Faye her dance moves!

Ah that’s amazing kitten k. I’m delighted for her!! :)

See even more proof Christmas can make memories to last a lifetime :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm glad ye both had a great time, kitten_k. Sounds like a fantastic evening!
    I'm very jealous! :D

What a special and thoughtful present for your goddaughter to receive. She must be delighted with you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Realised that we have a tin of Kimberley and a tin of Afternoon Tea still in the house!!

So funny I was doing my shopping in Dunnes last night and there was a little one running around singing jingle bells. Not one of yours? :pac:

No not this time :)

We put her in drama classes because she likes singing and dancing. It has really started to give her confidence which is great however kids being kids she has a tendency to starting singing or dancing in public places for no reason!

Wife was suppose to bring the last of the Christmas goodies into work today to completely remove the temptation. I was suppose to remind her last night to leave them out and 'forgot' :)

Finally got the Christmas tree cut up and in the brown bin. Been in the back garden since start of January, staring at me, daring me to get rid of it and didn't have the heart to till now.

which is great however kids being kids she has a tendency to starting singing or dancing in public places for no reason!

Not just kids.... I have the tendency to do the same :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

2 Tayto's left from the box we brought back from the Old Sod.
    4 cans of club orange.

That ratio is annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Finally put the Christmas delph away yesterday. Still have my two Christmas jigsaws hanging up in the dining room......once they go, that will be the end of it. It's only me that sees them, so might leave them for another week or two....

We still have christmas bedding on the guest bedroom beds. No one ended up staying over or has stayed overnight with us since christmas so they've not been changed. I suspect that wont last much longer though as we're doing another clear out at the moment & theres only the attic level left which is where the guest bedroom is left to do... I'm genuinely surprised they've lasted this long.

Dining rooms and guest bedrooms...........will have to upgrade house to hang out around here :D

• Advertisement

Dining rooms and guest bedrooms...........will have to upgrade house to hang out around here :D

Posh way of saying spare!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement