Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gallagher Premiership 2018/2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Absolutely incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Maybe he forgot due to concussion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

That is an incredibly worrying stance for a role model to take.

I don't want to take the "please think of the children" stance but if you're a kid or teenager with ambitions to make it, this attitude among players these young people want to emulate needs to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Burkie1203 wrote: »

And while we're at it, can we stop jailing people who didn't set out to commit the crime they committed too. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

At the time I admit I was more of the thinking it was a yellow. But under the current laws that's red so fair enough.

If I were a player it would be the consistency that would make me more frustrated, Treviso player gets a red on Saturday, nothing for Glasgow last week, nothing for Read against South Africa earlier that day.

Red for this, nothing for Barrett in NZ earlier that day too. It's either one out, all out or nothing.

Kieran Crowley's response is a breath of fresh air when compared to Murphy's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I mean I think the reaction is great in that it highlights that decision making on hia and dangerous play needs to be taken by objective doctor's and referees etc. The feelings of coaches, club doctors and players in their team bubble should be ignored.

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/spencer-disciplinary-hearing

At least common sense prevailed somewhere; four week ban for Spencer

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/spencer-disciplinary-hearing

At least common sense prevailed somewhere; four week ban for Spencer

I’m amazed they plead not guilty given the video evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,117 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

stephen_n wrote: »
    I’m amazed they plead not guilty given the video evidence.

They appear to have claimed Spencer didn't make contact with Taylors head

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/cillian-willis-concussion-case-due-before-court-next-year-1.3633568

You'd wonder how many more players have to retire and/or sue before this odious "the game's gone soft" attitude starts to change.

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    They appear to have claimed Spencer didn't make contact with Taylors head

But the video fairly clearly showed he did. I’m surprised they didn’t plead guilty and claim error of judgement, to get a 2 week ban.

stephen_n wrote: »
    I’m surprised they didn’t plead guilty and claim error of judgement, to get a 2 week ban.

I'm not surprised given how the entire coaching team were shaking their heads in mocking disapproval as he came off and their comments since haven't shown any kind of understanding or contrition.

Add Dom Ryan's experience into the mix and their team doctors comments on twitter and it's quite apparent what the attitude towards head contact is like at Leicester and why a guilty plea wouldn't enter their thoughts.

I'm not surprised given how the entire coaching team were shaking their heads in mocking disapproval as he came off and their comments since haven't shown any kind of understanding or contrition.

Add Dom Ryan's experience into the mix and their team doctors comments on twitter and it's quite apparent what the attitude towards head contact is like at Leicester and why a guilty plea wouldn't enter their thoughts.

I get that alright, but the video was fairly clear. Seems like a tenuous claim, to say he hit his shoulder and not his head. Leicester do not come out of this well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Murphy appears to be rowing back slightly on what was said.

Not sure how much to read into it but we'll see.

I'd say the severity of the ban probably had an impact. I'd also reckon the RFU might have had a quiet word about the clubs candour through all of this including the coaches and medical team. Murphy as interim head coach did the right thing stepping forward with a gesture of contrition as it takes the spotlight off the players and staff but they've all come in for criticism of the handling of what should have been a straight forward affair.

"We're on board with that and hopefully we can just see that consistency across the board in all Premiership matches and in all decisions. So when we see contact with the head, okay, it's an easy decision."

He has a point there, it needs to be consistent, but that will always be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Ben Kay was on the Rugby Pod this week, he's on the board at Leicester, was mostly talking about how well Murphy was doing since he's come in but made an interesting comment that young players at Leicester were getting frustrated at lack of opportunity under MOC. Where have we heard that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Worcester with a first half BP away to Leicester. 30-11 at halftime. Tigers are in bad shape these days; they've a strong side on the field too.

Youngs x 2, Ford, Tuilagi, Cole, Kitchener all playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Saracens look extremely strong against Gloucester. They're going to hit 40 or 50 points I reckon.

Tigers 16-37 Worcester in the no easy games premiership

An hour gone

• Advertisement

23-37 now

37-28. Warriors went to sleep completely when they got 37-11 ahead, it appears. Still time for the Tigers to sneak this.

30-37 10 left Worcester gone to sleep.

37 all. Worcester stopped playing after 55 minutes.

Worcester with a try at the death. Unbelievable.

Worcester scored in corner. 37-42 with conversation to come.

Weir let the clock wind down to 80

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Bath leaving out a number of frontliners for their trip to Saracens. Saving them for two big home games against Exeter and Toulouse

They also announced today First team coaches Toby Booth and Darren Edwards will depart at the end of the season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Bath leaving out a number of frontliners for their trip to Saracens. Saving them for two big home games against Exeter and Toulouse

They also announced today First team coaches Toby Booth and Darren Edwards will depart at the end of the season

But, but, but you can't rest players in the Premiership, because it's so hard and, and, and relegation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

No Easy Games In The Gallagher Premiership

Advertisement