Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Anyone know if the installment plan tickets go on sale on Friday? If I remember correctly it is 3 payments of 70 euro over 9 months?

"Electric Picnic 2019 - Instalments

Instalment plans will be available online for all Weekend Camping and Family Weekend Camping ticket prices to any customer wishing to take advantage of a payment plan.

If you paid your first instalment between 7 September 2018 and 31 October 2018 your 2nd payment date will be on or around Friday 2 November 2018 and your 3rd and final payment will be on or around Friday 7 December 2018.

Please note the payments details here are non-refundable. Should you fail to make the 3 payments successfully or decide you no longer wish to go to Electric Picnic you will not be entitled to a refund of sums that have been paid. Further details are available at http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/bl3357"

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marpad

We went for standard podpad and it was an eye watering €800. I just feel it is soo much for so little. My friends were in a bell tent with podpads in pink moon and I think they paid €600. A friend of a friend had one of the lodges in harvest moon and I think they paid around €700. The basic pink moon option is one of the pink moon tents and use of the facitlities but it is really just a nice tent with nothing else. Think that is around €300. I was a first timer this year and I probably wouldn't have gone if I hadn't had the glamping option.
    Lost bag wrote: »
    Would you mind saying how much you paid for this and what size you went for? I looked on the booking website for this and it mentioned they charge different prices depending on the festival.

I’m done with general camping wouldn’t mind shelling out for comfort next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lost bag

erica74 wrote: »
    Would you mind saying how much you paid for this and what size you went for? I looked on the booking website for this and it mentioned they charge different prices depending on the festival.

I’m done with general camping wouldn’t mind shelling out for comfort next year!

I know you asked this person about harvest moon but, I said I'd chip in. We stay with podpads every year and the basic podpad with no frills is €800.
    The price has steadily increased and I'd expect it to go up again next year. This year, you got quite a small hut with a lockable door, 2 keys, 2 USB ports for phone charging and a light (these are solar powered), either 2 single beds or a smallish double bed with a blow up mattress, which you need to refill with air every day (they used to provide good foam mattresses which were 100 times better), some storage space in the hut for your gear, access to toilets and showers (less than previous years even though capacity has increased) within the pink moon/podpads site, security on the gates, a separate entrance to the arena (this is actually really great, no walking through other campsites and brings you into the arena by the comedy tent), a bar (but this was a lot smaller this year, less selection and lower quality, no live music in there anymore).
    We've stayed with podpads for 6 years and the quality has steadily decreased. I mean, it's still nice but there's a lot of issues with it. The thing that annoys me the most is that capacity has gone up, the price has gone up and the quality has gone down, along with a reduction in services (same as EP really).
    What I will say about the podpads crowd is that they are sound, very helpful and very happy to take feedback and do what they can for you. Just for example, we were at ATN at the beginning of August, we stayed with podpads, after the first night, us and a large number of other customers made noise complaints about one tent (playing really really loud rap music from 4am to 8am) and the podpads staff had it sorted immediately.

Thanks for this, good to have all this to make an informed decision in where to stay! I presume you were able to pay a booking deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Thanks for this, good to have all this to make an informed decision in where to stay! I presume you were able to pay a booking deposit?

With podpads we paid half up front (plus the €50 deposit, which is refunded after the picnic) and the other half in instalments over the following months. I think all of the more expensive boutique options offer this same half up front, half in instalments option.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Not necessarily looking to ram more people in to it (as it really seemed at capacity this year) but for all those paying mad money for Pink Moon/Boutique etc. have you ever considered the Eco campsite?

I did Pink Moon for a few years, but jumped over to the Eco last year, as I felt PM were taking the piss with the continuous price rises. Was back in the Eco this year. It genuinely is the nicest campsite in the whole of EP imo. Location is great, clean to an inch of its life, 24hr security, and most importantly, full of the soundest neighbours you could ask for. Genuinely lovely feel to the place.

Would love for them to be given an even bigger site for next year and see more and more go Eco, as it’s the most direct way with dealing with the rubbish problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭traco

Charlie wrote: »
    Not necessarily looking to ram more people in to it (as it really seemed at capacity this year) but for all those paying mad money for Pink Moon/Boutique etc. have you ever considered the Eco campsite?

I did Pink Moon for a few years, but jumped over to the Eco last year, as I felt PM were taking the piss with the continuous price rises. Was back in the Eco this year. It genuinely is the nicest campsite in the whole of EP imo. Location is great, clean to an inch of its life, 24hr security, and most importantly, full of the soundest neighbours you could ask for. Genuinely lovely feel to the place.

Would love for them to be given an even bigger site for next year and see more and more go Eco, as it’s the most direct way with dealing with the rubbish problem.

How do you book the eco? I was in pink moon this year and the price is mental but the toilets and showers are decent and clean. Has the eco the same facilities? Few rowdy heads in pink moon annoyed me and had rubbish all over around their tent which wasnt on as far as I was concerned.

If the eco has good facilities I'd spend the pink moon price on a proper tent and equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭thebusher

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I wish I could be more organised in life... every year buy electric picnic tickets Vs home heating oil!!

My bloody mortgage goes out this Friday an all!

Tickets it is :-)

Will you please shhhhhhh!!!!!!

Its a horrible site. Full of reprobates intent on ruining everyones weekend.

Gid awful place ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lost bag

Has anyone had any experience hiring a camper for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Anyone else slightly panicking they haven’t gotten a loyalty code application email yet???!!!! Sweating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No, it's the same every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Anyone any idea where you email with your wristbands etc for the loyalty code?

I would love to try Eco, once it's secure, and not a million miles from a carpark and the arena, where exactly is the campsite?
    And on that note, could someone please recommend a tent for 2 people that you can fully stand up in. I have an awful back problem and what has put me off regular camping is all the stooping and crouching in a tent, however, I saw some fine looking tall tents around various campsites this weekend. Also, could someone please recommend either a decent camping bed or camping mat for someone with a very bad back.
    I'd be grateful for suggestions.

traco wrote: »
    How do you book the eco? I was in pink moon this year and the price is mental but the toilets and showers are decent and clean. Has the eco the same facilities? Few rowdy heads in pink moon annoyed me and had rubbish all over around their tent which wasnt on as far as I was concerned.

If the eco has good facilities I'd spend the pink moon price on a proper tent and equipment.

They give first dibs to those that have stayed with them before (they send out an email). They then open up registration to the wider public a few months before EP, for free, on a first come first served basis. They announce it through their FB page. They seemed to be accepting registrations right up to the week before EP this year, so if you’re anyway on the ball, you should get a place.

They have immaculate toilets (Loowatt). They don’t have showers (they have a hose that you can get a quick head and torso wash from). You have to use the main campsite showers, but outside of that, their facilities are as good if not better than the boutique sites. So you’re talking about paying €600-€800 for the convienece of a shower on your doorstep. It’s a no brainer for me.

My group paid £300 (between 4 of us) for a really good quality 8 person tent. We only put 4 people in it, so we have tons of living/storage space and can freely stand up (I’m 6ft3’). We’ve used it now at 2 EPs and 2 Body & Souls (both Eco). With 3-4 of you, it only takes 30 mins or less to put up and take down. The thing completely pays for itself after a single use.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

I would love to try Eco, once it's secure, and not a million miles from a carpark and the arena, where exactly is the campsite?
    And on that note, could someone please recommend a tent for 2 people that you can fully stand up in. I have an awful back problem and what has put me off regular camping is all the stooping and crouching in a tent, however, I saw some fine looking tall tents around various campsites this weekend. Also, could someone please recommend either a decent camping bed or camping mat for someone with a very bad back.
    I'd be grateful for suggestions.

Couldn’t recommend a bed or mat but I had an inflatable mattress and used a battery powered pump to inflate it. Worked a dream and didn’t need to top it up at all all weekend. Two of our friends have 5 person tents which only have 3 poles making an arch type shaped tent, these were the only 2 tents any of us could stand up in however I am 5 foot. So would also depend on your height. Seems to me like 5 person tents are the tallest for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

My tuppence on the glamping option:

I used to do glamping with my better half (podpads, festiehuts and bell tents) and about 8 years ago I decided "feck this cost, think I will just buy a cheap caravan for maybe 1500 quid". I looked around but my missus decided that a campervan was a better option and we went that route. Spent quite a bit on the campervan, but we got our money back 4 years later. The key here is "spend over 20k and look after it, even improve it and you will get your money back over 4 years".

After that I bought a small 2 berth caravan for 3,800. I do about 3 festivals a year, so over the last 3 years I have been to 9 festivals for 3,800. Thats 420 per festival (plus the campervan ticket). This is a lot better value than podpads or festiehuts with a working fridge (holds 24 500ml cans), heating, 12v electric, gas powered hot water, shower and a thetford tiolet.

Now, if I were to sell this tomorrow I would get 3,500 for it, easily as I have added a little 12v TV, LED lighting and a solar panel (about 350 in total). That's €61 plus campervan ticket per festival. I store this indoors over winter which really helps keep the condition good.

I met some cork lads last year who chipped in 1000 for a caravan and it was grand, working fridge and all.

I also met 3 lads at ATN this year and they bought a 4 berth caravan for €275. It really was a piece of crap with damp all over the place. They way they looked at was "if we get one good weekend out of it, its worth it".

At EP last weekend I met 4 lads in their twenties had chipped in for a 4 berth for 2,400 and it was really nice.

TLDR: I used to glamp, but now I much prefer a decent caravan which is a superior experience and much better value.

They give first dibs to those that have stayed with them before (they send out an email). They then open up registration to the wider public a few months before EP, for free, on a first come first served basis. They announce it through their FB page. They seemed to be accepting registrations right up to the week before EP this year, so if you’re anyway on the ball, you should get a place.

They have immaculate toilets (Loowatt). They don’t have showers (they have a hose that you can get a quick head and torso wash from). You have to use the main campsite showers, but outside of that, their facilities are as good if not better than the boutique sites. So you’re talking about paying €600-€800 for the convienece of a shower on your doorstep. It’s a no brainer for me.

My group paid £300 (between 4 of us) for a really good quality 8 person tent. We only put 4 people in it, so we have tons of living/storage space and can freely stand up (I’m 6ft3’). We’ve used it now at 2 EPs and 2 Body & Souls (both Eco). With 3-4 of you, it only takes 30 mins or less to put up and take down. The thing completely pays for itself after a single use.

Would you have a link or even the brand name of the tent? Sounds ideal.
    Couldn’t recommend a bed or mat but I had an inflatable mattress and used a battery powered pump to inflate it. Worked a dream and didn’t need to top it up at all all weekend. Two of our friends have 5 person tents which only have 3 poles making an arch type shaped tent, these were the only 2 tents any of us could stand up in however I am 5 foot. So would also depend on your height. Seems to me like 5 person tents are the tallest for whatever reason.

I'm only 5ft 4.5" so not the tallest:pac:

Would you have a link or even the brand name of the tent? Sounds ideal.

I'm only 5ft 4.5" so not the tallest:pac:

Buckingham 8 person classic tent.

Just checked my emails/invoice. Turns out it was only £200. Would well recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

How come we are in page 3 already for this, its not starting till twelve months later. :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

How come we are in page 3 already for this, its not starting till twelve months later. :confused:

Eh, planning... wishing... hoping...

Another Wednesday and no announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

Has to be Radiohead's year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Lost bag wrote:
    Has anyone had any experience hiring a camper for the weekend?

Expect to pay about 900e for the weekend plus the campervan ticket, plus diesel on top of all your normal expenses. Then you've got the hassle of collection beforehand and returning it afterwards!
    The campervan toilets I've often found to be the worst in the whole festival, they were improved slightly this year but there is nowhere near enough provided and they don't seem to be maintained as much as the others.
    The modern campervans are exceptionally nice but for the rental price of a few weekends you can buy your own which will still be so much better than a tent and will have a fridge etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

My only issue was lack of space at 12-1 ish. Found a spot that left tent sticking out 6" from a post, had to move :confused: not what anyone wants at that point on a Friday, but got sorted.

Loowatts were also sold out! That was rather inconvenient as there wasn't other toilets in the camp. Sure I could pay per use, but €2 To take a piss is just taking the piss!! (I'LL GET MY COAT)

It was secure I liked that, it created a safe zone away from the madness, quite comforting, ECO really filtered the crowd, a 'soundness' factor that reminded me of the first EP's. I'd be fairly sure I could have left my beer and chair out with a tenner sitting on top, it would have been there when I came back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Expect to pay about 900e for the weekend plus the campervan ticket, plus diesel on top of all your normal expenses. Then you've got the hassle of collection beforehand and returning it afterwards!
    The campervan toilets I've often found to be the worst in the whole festival, they were improved slightly this year but there is nowhere near enough provided and they don't seem to be maintained as much as the others.
    The modern campervans are exceptionally nice but for the rental price of a few weekends you can buy your own which will still be so much better than a tent and will have a fridge etc

Say a 4 weekends x 900 = 3600 squid for an old campervan = trouble. Expect to be constantly fixing it, leaks, rot... its a nightmare. Plus its an old (possibly non-turbo) diesel engine which will drink fuel. Include insurance and most importantly getting it through the CVRT every year, its a false economy. You might be lucky, but you would need to be lucky to get a decent campervan under 5,000.

look at this piece of crap for 2500 quid: https://www.donedeal.ie/campers-for-sale/campervan/19676433 "some rust needs attention" = CVRT fail.

You would be better off with a 4,000 caravan, you will get a good specced 2004 caravan in good condition for that. Yeah I am a big fan of caravans.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

Fatfrog wrote: »
    My only issue was lack of space at 12-1 ish. Found a spot that left tent sticking out 6" from a post, had to move :confused: not what anyone wants at that point on a Friday, but got sorted.

Loowatts were also sold out! That was rather inconvenient as there wasn't other toilets in the camp. Sure I could pay per use, but €2 To take a piss is just taking the piss!! (I'LL GET MY COAT)

It was secure I liked that, it created a safe zone away from the madness, quite comforting, ECO really filtered the crowd, a 'soundness' factor that reminded me of the first EP's. I'd be fairly sure I could have left my beer and chair out with a tenner sitting on top, it would have been there when I came back!

First time in Eco moving from Pink Moon and I’d never move back. We pre paid for toilets but our friends were not so lucky. Not sure why the toilets ‘sold out’.... was a bit strange. We got spaces as we got in reasonably early. Everyone lovely and chatty. Was surprised that 2 sets of girls camped beside us and not a clue between 6 of them how to put up a tent. On the tent situation we bought an 8 man for 2 of us. Himself is very tall and we both like our comforts. It’s the Coleman 8 man bell tent got it for 140 pounds on amazon prime day. Could stand up walk around and had a big double blow up mattress for bed. Carrying was a pain but worth it. Only issue I had with eco was of course the rave, it was damn loud. Plus we got stuck in the walking loop on the Saturday. Other than that, was great.

Was expecting an email code this morning.
    No joy :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Peterd66

Same here

Were sent out wed 18.35 last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Have people has any correspondence on codes yet?

I have pictures of me at 4 EP's so can send them in but not sure what the process is- any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement