Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What items do you collect from cities/countries you've visited?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

I used to collect key rings, but stopped that several years ago. Now I just make sure to take loads of photos when I travel and more specifically, make sure I'm actually in some of the photos!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I really love visiting book shops. I find them very relaxing places. When I'm abroad I make it my business to visit a bookshop or two and have a browse, maybe have a coffee if they have a coffee shop attached. I'll buy a book and I'll write on the inside cover the city where I bought it and the name of the shop I've bought it from. It's very easy to find English books abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Fridge magnets....Tacky maybe but when you've a hundred pieces of paper, bills and kids drawings on the fridge it's nice to look at these little momentos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭josip

Fridge magnets and pebbles/sand from the beaches we've been on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I like to collect passport stamps but this is becoming very difficult with many more countries that no longer stamp.

My wife likes fridge magnets so I normally bring back a few from each place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

josip wrote: »
    pebbles/sand from the beaches we've been on
    Please note that is illegal in many Countries now : it damages the ecosystem and causes eroson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Grab a fridge magnet for the auld pair.

For myself, I just keep hold of boarding passes, coins that were leftover, ticket stubs to events, maps and different things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I just collect fridge magnets. I pick up the odd cool thing like Buddha's and ornaments from tribes etc too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

I collect fridge magnets, souvenir coins, tickets and boarding passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ive collected two of each of the two smallest denomination bank notes from each country Ive been in. Collection is circa 380 bank notes. My intention had been to frame them or put them under glass on a coffee table but there are too many to do that. They live in a drawer now, tbh I should just sell them as I think displaying them on walls would be a bit tacky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement