Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm gutted I couldn't make last night either and I hope it was a rousing success so it'll be done in the future. I immensely enjoyed wrestlemania and short of being at the show, festival atmos w/ wrestling fans is the way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

leggo wrote: »
    I'll have the photos and some vids up soon, and I'll link to em from here when I do.

Looking forward to seeing the fancy dress pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Had an awesome time, not as many at it like there was for Mania which was kind of a good thing, meant it was easier to get to the bar or the loo when needed :D

I think the atmosphere for this was a little better than Mania since it seemed like in a way we knew others from Mania and felt less awkward. What also helped was the guys who cut a promo or tried to do a spinarooni or whatever else just for a t-shirt. It was great craic.
    Again thank you Leggo for putting this together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

asked on the facebook page wall, but did i seriously win tickets to the MSW over 18's show?
    Names Mark Montgomery, hence montyrebel.

If so can i get the tickets transferred to a friend as I wont be able to make it

• Advertisement

Yeah sure they're your tickets you can do whatever you want with them, your name won't be on them or anything. So send me on details and I'll get them out to you ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

thanks will get it sent asap

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen this on the WWE Parties FB
    522964_184955664975353_1698896255_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I posted this on the FB page too but I really think it's something that Leggo and Captains should look into. As a few of us know - Captains are famed for their cocktails so they should make wrestling related cocktails - and the best bit is they wouldn't even need to do anything fancy - just change the names:

Woo Woo becomes a WOO WOO WOO
    Long island Iced Tea Becomes Long island Iced Z
    Sex on the beach becomes Trouble in Paradice
    Alabama Slammer becomes a Sidewalk Slam
    Passion Fruit Punch becomes the Knockout Punch
    Pina Colada becomes a Santina Colada
    White Russian becomes "the Great White" (or a valadamir Koslov)

And the Non Acoholic Cocktails become "Striaght Edge" Cocktails!!

Put them on a poster and BAM - instant sales!!

I posted this on the FB page too but I really think it's something that Leggo and Captains should look into. As a few of us know - Captains are famed for their cocktails so they should make wrestling related cocktails - and the best bit is they wouldn't even need to do anything fancy - just change the names:

Woo Woo becomes a WOO WOO WOO
    Long island Iced Tea Becomes Long island Iced Z
    Sex on the beach becomes Trouble in Paradice
    Alabama Slammer becomes a Sidewalk Slam
    Passion Fruit Punch becomes the Knockout Punch
    Pina Colada becomes a Santina Colada
    White Russian becomes "the Great White" (or a valadamir Koslov)

And the Non Acoholic Cocktails become "Striaght Edge" Cocktails!!

Put them on a poster and BAM - instant sales!!

I love it but it's actually been done already. Captain's Tallaght did something like that for their WrestleMania party (about the only original thing they did :D). Some of the responses from the people were quite funny to be fair.

Will post event info here today when it's done up! :)

• Advertisement

Also I have just sent off an email to WWE HQ to see if I can sort out some more Tshirts or merch for you to use as prizes again! I'll let you know as soon as I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Is there any Boards PW meet-up pre- or post- live events in the Point?

Also I have just sent off an email to WWE HQ to see if I can sort out some more Tshirts or merch for you to use as prizes again! I'll let you know as soon as I do!

Sorted!!
    Happy to sponsor again. I’ll send some t-shirts and whatever else I can dig up.

Now let the madness begin!! :D

You're a legend man, thanks so much for this it really adds to the event! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

im surprised wwe want to sponsor, would it not take away from their buys in ireland?

You're a legend man, thanks so much for this it really adds to the event! :)

No Worries mate - sure all I do is send an email - not like I am going out of my way or anything! :)
    srm23 wrote: »
    im surprised wwe want to sponsor, would it not take away from their buys in ireland?

Events like this happen in pubs around the states too so they don't mind at all - anything that helps their brand is paramount to them!

No Worries mate - sure all I do is send an email - not like I am going out of my way or anything! :)

Events like this happen in pubs around the states too so they don't mind at all - anything that helps their brand is paramount to them!

was it sky box office or someone then that had an issue when boards tried to have one on big screen in a hotel? i think they were saying a special license was needed like for pubs to show sky sports football?

was it sky box office or someone then that had an issue when boards tried to have one on big screen in a hotel? i think they were saying a special license was needed like for pubs to show sky sports football?

That's the line we were fed by the hotel alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I think the issue with the Wrestlemania 27 meet-up in a hotel in Dame Street (it's name escapes me) was that only about 10 people were confirmed to attend and they were worried that they would lose money due to the high cost of the sky box office license fee.

I'm sure Diabhal Beag can give a proper answer though.......

I can see how WWE would like these kind of parties: they make being a wrestling fan not only socially acceptable, but encouraged.

Sky probably don't like these kind of things but, as we saw when they tried to take a woman in England to court over airing football in her bar last year, they've no leg to stand on legally in doing anything about it. And my heart isn't going to bleed for the Murdochs anytime soon.

• Advertisement

522964_184955664975353_1698896255_n.jpg

We partied for Mania, we partied for SummerSlam, and now we're gonna party for Survivor Series.

WWE Parties Ireland are BACK!

Watch the full PPV on the big screen, surrounded by hundreds of fellow wrestling fans; with a late bar, Captain's delicious food until late, plus a host of pre-show entertainment to make this a dream night for any wrestling fan, present or past.

CARD STILL TBA

Pre-Show Entertainment (Doors from 9pm):
    *** SURVIVOR SERIES-THEMED TABLE QUIZ (More details tba shortly)
    *** WWE music & classic Survivor Series matches (chosen by YOU!).
    *** WWE t-shirt giveaways
    and more.

Tickets are only €5, and can be purchased via Paypal. Tickets can be purchased from Monday 29th October.

Stay tuned to the event and www.facebook.com/WWEIreland for all breaking news on this event!

Match Request:

Survivor Series 1995

"Wild Card" Survivor Series Elimination match:

Shawn Michaels, British Bulldog, Ahmed Johnson, Sycho Sid VS. Yokozuna, Owen Hart, Razor Ramon & Dean Douglas

Cheers. We'll be doing a vote for what matches again, so I'll include that and everyone can have their say too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I can see how WWE would like these kind of parties: they make being a wrestling fan not only socially acceptable, but encouraged.

Sky probably don't like these kind of things but, as we saw when they tried to take a woman in England to court over airing football in her bar last year, they've no leg to stand on legally in doing anything about it. And my heart isn't going to bleed for the Murdochs anytime soon.

The case in England with the pub owner being taken to court was different, unless Captains use a dodgy stream which I'm pretty sure they don't.

Sky make huge amounts of money on events being screened in pubs because pub packages for Sky Sports and Box Office is so high.

Received the package today - bigger selection than last time! We have Tshirts from - Randy Orton , HHH, The Miz, be a star, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler and Rey Mysterio - as well as a few WWE Baseball caps! :D

Received the package today - bigger selection than last time! We have Tshirts from - Randy Orton , HHH, The Miz, be a star, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler and Rey Mysterio - as well as a few WWE Baseball caps! :D

Nice!!

I'm gonna open this up to the Facebook page later on, but since we've already gotten the ball rolling here, today's the day we're starting picks for the Classic Survivor Series matches. Pick as many as you want, and we'll try fit all the Top 10 picks on to be screened on the night. Picks in before next Monday to be included. Work away guys let me know what you wanna see again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

You know you gotta show this! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

There was a very good Austin/Bret match from Survivor Series........96 I want to say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Advertisement