Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-02-2007, 11:40   #16
Makikomi

Send a message via MSN to Makikomi
Roper.

Sorry for cutting in, but you might be waiting for Neil.

I can highly recommend Swords Judo, Timmy & Leo are running a fantastic club up there.

Here's their website.

www.swordsjudo.com

Not just saying it because Neil posts here. But its genuinely a very, very good club and all the senior guys have a fantastic way with the kids.
Advertisement
14-04-2015, 14:38   #17
TheNoShow

Hey lads, sorry if the bump is inappropriate, I just thought it better than starting a new thread as this is relevant to what I was hoping to find out.

I was just wondering what the story is for taking classes, preferably Judo, as a complete novice but an adult. I'm 33 and have absolutely no martial arts/boxing/whatever else you like background.

I was just wondering if there are any places that have sessions geared towards absolute beginners? Or is some base level of experience/fitness expected?

Any help appreciated and apologies if the bump of an old thread was out of line!
14-04-2015, 16:12   #18
cowzerp

swords judo club or lusk judo club is just down the road too, all clubs cater for all levels in Judo
14-04-2015, 21:10   #19
Zen65

Check out Dermot O'Keeffe's Shotokan dojo in Swords: http://www.hokubudojo.org/j25/
15-04-2015, 21:24   #20
TheNoShow

Thanks lads. My main concern would be being lumped in with a load of people with obviously higher skill levels and fitness levels than myself. No one wants to be the one plank that's just taking up space!
Advertisement
11-05-2015, 10:21   #21
Drumsnotdead

Check out malahidemma.com. Located in Seatown business campus in Swords despite the name. We are a new club with members who are mostly at beginner/intermediate level.
(2) thanks from:
23-05-2015, 09:50   #22
ps3man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsnotdead View Post
Check out malahidemma.com. Located in Seatown business campus in Swords despite the name. We are a new club with members who are mostly at beginner/intermediate level.
Went up myself on Tuesday and Thursday. Couldn't recommend the gym and John enough..
13-02-2019, 17:19   #23
andrisvl

is it still around in Feb 2019?

Any karate and or Jiu-Jitsu clubs around Swords that can be recommended, I'm 36 and my son is 9y old ? Checked Hokubu, their website seems to be untouched since 2015, are they still training students?

Last edited by andrisvl; 13-02-2019 at 17:30. Reason: clarify
13-02-2019, 19:48   #24
Dave 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrisvl View Post
Any karate and or Jiu-Jitsu clubs around Swords that can be recommended, I'm 36 and my son is 9y old ? Checked Hokubu, their website seems to be untouched since 2015, are they still training students?
Sbg swords both adults and children classes
Advertisement
13-02-2019, 21:18   #25
Makikomi

Send a message via MSN to Makikomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrisvl View Post
Off the top of my head you have SBG Swords, Rush MMA/BJJ & boxing, Swords Judo club for the young lad or probably one of the best Judo clubs in the country Lusk Judo Club.

Depending on what you want to spend and if you want to pay as you go or a month subscription.

Judo will be the cheapest (and pay as you go) but you're restricted to certain nights whereas SBG Swords and Rush Fight Academy are full time clubs.
16-02-2019, 16:09   #26
Niamhf

JKS Swords have karate classes, you can find them on Facebook under Swords Karate Club. Message them or call for their timetable

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion