Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda recruitment 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Haha was literally just talking to her she said 100 for day 80 for online.. she said reason why only Dublin and cork as a lot less candidates at stage two than stage one..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dave143

sazxox wrote: »
    Haha was literally just talking to her she said 100 for day 80 for online.. she said reason why only Dublin and cork as a lot less candidates at stage two than stage one..

Ya. Prob would have gone to the day if was a bit closer. I wish they were posting a bit more non verbal feel like i got a bit lucky in stage 1 and got quite a good result in that part. Hopefully can reproduce

dave143 wrote: »
    Ya. Prob would have gone to the day if was a bit closer. I wish they were posting a bit more non verbal feel like i got a bit lucky in stage 1 and got quite a good result in that part. Hopefully can reproduce

Im the same I felt I done well in verbal and the questionaire and they were my lower scores my logical was quite high.. so strange lilke..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

dave143 wrote: »
    There is no new verbal or non verbal stuff to come just report writing and job sim

That’s the same as last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mcgill18

Hi I didn't study for stage one and got through to stage 2. I'm just wondering what the best way to study for stage two?

• Advertisement

Mcgill18 wrote: »
    Hi I didn't study for stage one and got through to stage 2. I'm just wondering what the best way to study for stage two?

Career services or Garda I.P. As already mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lisbon_Treaty

And are the questions updated to the Sova format with Career Services or Garda IP? I have emailed them and they said that they were but from what I gather on here they haven't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

job seeker wrote: »
    Career services or Garda I.P. As already mentioned.

I have used career services in the past and found the practice questions they give you are alot easier to the questions you get In the exam .

And are the questions updated to the Sova format with Career Services or Garda IP? I have emailed them and they said that they were but from what I gather on here they haven't

I’ve only attempted the verbal reasoning questions on Garda P.I. So, I don’t know if the logical reasoning is similar to the safe1.
    Abbey127 wrote: »
    I have used career services in the past and found the practice questions they give you are alot easier to the questions you get In the exam .

I found Garda IP quite good!! However what I find good, someone else may find easy/difficult it really depends on the person imo! So difficultly can be quite subjective as far as I’m concerned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

When do you think there will be another recruitment to join AGS?

• Advertisement

When do you think there will be another recruitment to join AGS?

Prob next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Anyone here do stage 2 so far this week?
    Is verbal and logical the same as stage 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kerry0108

Hi . I ranked in around 1800 do you think it would be worth getting the career services stage 2 or will I be wasting my time as might not get called to stage 2 .
    Thanks

Kerry0108 wrote: »
    Hi . I ranked in around 1800 do you think it would be worth getting the career services stage 2 or will I be wasting my time as might not get called to stage 2 .
    Thanks

As already mentioned... EVERYONE! Who passed stage 1. Will get called for stage 2! EVERYBODY!!! It’ll just take longer to be called due to where you placed!

As already mentioned... EVERYONE! Who passed stage 1. Will get called for stage 2! EVERYBODY!!! It’ll just take longer to be called due to where you placed!

Thanks a mill for Reply

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Thanks

Do a career services or similar, you can jump hugely in OOM in these stages

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    Do a career services or similar, you can jump hugely in OOM in these stages

Thanks

Thanks a mill for Reply

No problem! Best of luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Thanks

Also a lot will drop out or fail at stage 2 meaning available spaces there are points the whole way along where peoples will be potentially failing so keep working towards it.

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    Also a lot will drop out or fail at stage 2 meaning available spaces there are points the whole way along where peoples will be potentially failing so keep working towards it.

Thanks a mill for Reply ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

Hey, cousin of mine got through stage 2. Booked in for one of the days this month for the exam in Dublin, where they normally are. Got a phone call a week before that it was moved to templemore, anyone else have this happen? He was after booking train up and all

Hey, cousin of mine got through stage 2. Booked in for one of the days this month for the exam in Dublin, where they normally are. Got a phone call a week before that it was moved to templemore, anyone else have this happen? He was after booking train up and all

Got a phone call? Got moved to templemore? I have never heard of this happening before! :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Got a phone call? Got moved to templemore? I have never heard of this happening before! :confused::confused:

What??? Are u now doing stage 2 down in templemore???

vardy98 wrote: »
    What??? Are u now doing stage 2 down in templemore???

I have no idea what is happening!? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

Not me doing the stage 2, I got through but haven’t been called yet. Anyway he was due to go to Dublin for it but they rang saying the date he’s doing it had been moved down to templemore to the Garda college itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Interesting.
    Didnt know that. I ranked some where in the 2,000s. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lotrail

Hey guys,

Any info on Stage 3? Is it purely competency based? Will they ask any other question outside of this? I am considering doing a course but kinda want to know what's ahead also.

Also wondering would anyone know when the Irish kicks in for the Fluent Irish stream like would this interview be in Irish?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Is the running order of tasks to be completed on Stage 2 as follows ?

• Task 1: Verbal Reasoning (25 minutes’ duration for 15 questions)
    • Task 2: Logical Reasoning (25 minutes’ duration for 15 questions)
    • Task 3: Job Simulation Exercise (20 minutes for 13 scenarios)
    • Task 4: Report Writing Exercise (30 minutes to write report)

This is from the familiarisation e-mail on public jobs.

Career Services suggests that Report Writing comes before the job simulation.

Would appreciate any info, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maryf97

GavK wrote: »
    Is the running order of tasks to be completed on Stage 2 as follows ?

• Task 1: Verbal Reasoning (25 minutes’ duration for 15 questions)
    • Task 2: Logical Reasoning (25 minutes’ duration for 15 questions)
    • Task 3: Job Simulation Exercise (20 minutes for 13 scenarios)
    • Task 4: Report Writing Exercise (30 minutes to write report)

This is from the familiarisation e-mail on public jobs.

Career Services suggests that Report Writing comes before the job simulation.

Would appreciate any info, thanks.

The order of tasks in the familiarisation e-mail is correct. Report Writing comes after Job Simulation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Lotrail wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Any info on Stage 3? Is it purely competency based? Will they ask any other question outside of this? I am considering doing a course but kinda want to know what's ahead also.

Also wondering would anyone know when the Irish kicks in for the Fluent Irish stream like would this interview be in Irish?

Thanks!

Is there any point in booking one now hopefully results are our this week.

Advertisement