Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

gozunda wrote: »
    KFS

Kentucky Fried Squirrel ;)

I'd be more concerned about KFR. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Nah its genuine KFC

Kentucky Fried Chipmunk

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or Kentucky Fried Critter.

This would've never happened to a vegetarian. :cool: :pac:

New Home wrote: »
    Or Kentucky Fried Critter.

This would've never happened to a vegetarian. :cool: :pac:

Kentucky fried carrot :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That'd be one weird carrot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

It's an oar

R in some irish accents come out as oar.

Dara O'Briain's got a great piece on this:
    Certain things you just say differently, you don't have the letter "oar", you use the letter R which performs many of the same duties, but I really don't know how you can survive.

I've got two letter "oars" in my name, I spell it out on the phone over here and I go, "D-A-Oar", People go "Oar? Like an oar? I draw a picture of an oar? What kind of hieroglyphic, pictographic shíte is this?"

There's an oar and then a man walking like that and then a moon and then a cat, and I go, "R", and they go, "Good!"

He finishes with his classic g-string-brazillion-vagina story. Well worth a watch.

Link (1:24:40)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

gozunda wrote: »
    KFS

Kentucky Fried Squirrel ;)

Scrat from Ice Age really does have a tough time chasing that Acorn.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Certain things you just say differently, you don't have the letter "oar", you use the letter R which performs many of the same duties, but I really don't know how you can survive.

I've got two letter "oars" in my name, I spell it out on the phone over here and I go, "D-A-Oar", People go "Oar? Like an oar? I draw a picture of an oar? What kind of hieroglyphic, pictographic shíte is this?"

There's an oar and then a man walking like that and then a moon and then a cat, and I go, "R", and they go, "Good!"

He finishes with his classic g-string-brazillion-vagina story. Well worth a watch.

That link was brilliant. Laughed so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,404 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

G for G-string :D brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110694176&postcount=7376

Pretty sure I've never found out someody was a vegan and thought they were 'super healthy'..
    I never thought thy were 'probably nutrient deficient' either.
    My first thought would be "why did they just tell me they were vegan?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Suckit wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110694176&postcount=7376

Pretty sure I've never found out someody was a vegan and thought they were 'super healthy'..
    I never thought thy were 'probably nutrient deficient' either.
    My first thought would be "why did they just tell me they were vegan?"

Because

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The one with the Pandas on the tree.I dont get it

"Nobody expected the Spanish Inquisition!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭josip

"Nobody expected the Spanish Inquisition!"

Fair enough, but what's the Spanish Inquisition got to do with loads of Pandas photoshopped onto a tree?

I bet you didn't expect it, when you were scrolling down through all those pandas...

I bet you didn't expect it, when you were scrolling down through all those pandas...

I actually said to myself "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition" when I scrolled down but really I still didn't make the connection.

I sort of thought ah there's a connection but its so lame that there must be some other joke there that I missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

my3cents wrote: »
    I actually said to myself "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition" when I scrolled down but really I still didn't make the connection.

I sort of thought ah there's a connection but its so lame that there must be some other joke there that I missed.

Not high brow enough for you?

image.jpeg

:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Man caught at airport with half a kilo of cocaine hidden under his toupee

image.jpg

linky
    I thought this was one photo showing two people. I wondered why drug smugglers were wearing uniforms. D'oh!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Victor wrote: »
    I thought this was one photo showing two people. I wondered why drug smugglers were wearing uniforms. D'oh!
    There'll be hell to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

napoleon.png

Once again, what kind of psycho posts an XKCD comic and doesn't include the mouseover text?
    "Mr. President, what if the unthinkable happens? What if the launch goes wrong, and Napoleon is not stranded on the moon?" "Have Safire write up a speech."

And if you don't get it, you can look it up on www.explainxkcd.com !

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    08eb4542403489aad1fc4e730ca4ef59.png

We should really have a poll to see how many people here have cats because everyone gets the cat jokes :D

- even me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

oFcBpcg.jpg

I never understood why women had a problem with the toilet seat being up.

Surely if the toilet seat is up, it hasn't been pi55ed on. Isn't that the whole notion of putting the seat up or down, not to have it pi55ed on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I never got the whole toilet seat issue anyway. I mean, there's also a lid on the toilet. Why would anyone not put the lid down?

That's what doesn't make sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭josip

Apparently they have some sort of primeval fear of falling into the toilet and getting sucked into the underworld.
    The same 'logic' as their fear of spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

josip wrote: »
    Apparently they have some sort of primeval fear of falling into the toilet and getting sucked into the underworld.
    The same 'logic' as their fear of spiders.

With the size of their ar5es, not a chance. :D:D:D:D:D

Well, that comment has probably brought down a jihad on my ass. :D:D:D

BattleCorp wrote: »
    oFcBpcg.jpg

I never understood why women had a problem with the toilet seat being up.

Surely if the toilet seat is up, it hasn't been pi55ed on. Isn't that the whole notion of putting the seat up or down, not to have it pi55ed on?

Why should it be pissed on in the first place? Can't you guys aim properly? Haven't you been toilet trained? Also, you forget about splashback some men leave, both on the inside of the lid, and on the seat itself, which we have to deal with when we have to use the toilet ourselves. Besides, men do one thing sitting up, and one sitting down, women do both sitting down - that makes 3:1. It's maths, really.

Anyway, as Judy (she of Richard and Judy fame) once put it (and yes, I'm paraphrasing), try and go to the toilet in the middle of the night still half asleep and with the light off so your sleep won't be disrupted too much, then try and sit down and have your heart skip a beat because the toilet feels lower than it should be, only to get an arseful of cold ceramic in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Anyway, as Judy (she of Richard and Judy fame) once put it (and yes, I'm paraphrasing), try and go to the toilet in the middle of the night still half asleep and with the light off so your sleep won't be disrupted too much, then try and sit down and have your heart skip a beat because the toilet feels lower than it should be, only to get an arseful of cold ceramic in the end!
    There's a variant of this where someone just plonked herself down. The hard ceramic was more of a problem than the cold ceramic.

The flush on my toilet is, eh, zealous, so it's strictly 'seat down cover down' when flushing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Wilberto wrote: »
    I never got the whole toilet seat issue anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/wMBEeHB.mp4

BattleCorp wrote: »
    With the size of their ar5es, not a chance. :D:D:D:D:D

Well, that comment has probably brought down a jihad on my ass. :D:D:D
    Here it comes...
    cute_pics-funny_pictures_of_animals-3759_1880_donkey-sniper.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Why should it be pissed on in the first place? Can't you guys aim properly? Haven't you been toilet trained? Also, you forget about splashback some men leave, both on the inside of the lid, and on the seat itself, which we have to deal with when we have to use the toilet ourselves. Besides, men do one thing sitting up, and one sitting down, women do both sitting down - that makes 3:1. It's maths, really.

Get a syringe, fill it up with water, stand in front of the toilet, aim the syringe at the toilet and push the plunger against your belly. Let's see how you do

Advertisement