Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best men’s formal shoe for work

• 05-07-2019 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I’m looking for recommendations for a classic looking black shoe for the office. I find my feet get very hot and sweaty so something that is breathable. I usually get the same pair every time from Ecco but want to try something different.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭tritium

Hi all,

I’m looking for recommendations for a classic looking black shoe for the office. I find my feet get very hot and sweaty so something that is breathable. I usually get the same pair every time from Ecco but want to try something different.

Many thanks.

Might be best to give an idea of budget. Also will they just be for office or will you wear them in and out of office? Possibly for other events like weddings also? Any particular style you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Got a pair of Barker shoes. Dammed expensive....for a reason. Dont see myself ever getting anything else. Without doubt the most comfortable shoes I've ever had.Even bought another (brown) pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I think the first step is to know what you wear with the shoe.
    Also what would you like to wear. You could have a gorgeous pair of shoes but if your in a tired outfit it won't matter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

an alternate solution which works for me because i walk a lot is that i have a pair of dress shoes at work and change them for a black causal shoe if going out at lunchtime or going into/ leaving work. both are generic brands but a nice feeling switching between shoes.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

silverharp wrote: »
    an alternate solution which works for me because i walk a lot is that i have a pair of dress shoes at work and change them for a black causal shoe if going out at lunchtime or going into/ leaving work. both are generic brands but a nice feeling switching between shoes.

Unless they're planning to do a lunchtime power walk, would guys seriously change their shoes when heading out to get a sandwich at lunchtime??:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Rockport have a good selection. Very comfortable but the soles wear fast though in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

Got a pair of Barker shoes. Dammed expensive....for a reason. Dont see myself ever getting anything else. Without doubt the most comfortable shoes I've ever had.Even bought another (brown) pair.

Absolutely agree here. They are great. Though pricy. One pair will set you back 250

When getting them resoled I ask to get a rubber sole applied, makes them last much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

thegolfer wrote: »
    Absolutely agree here. They are great. Though pricy. One pair will set you back 250

When getting them resoled I ask to get a rubber sole applied, makes them last much longer.

I'm considering sending them back to be re-soled when the time comes. They completely rebuild the shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

ongarboy wrote: »
    Unless they're planning to do a lunchtime power walk, would guys seriously change their shoes when heading out to get a sandwich at lunchtime??:confused::confused:

its not school :pac: if depends if someone is getting sweaty feet because of exertion or simply having them on . For me either thinned sole shoes wear out to quick or if i have invested in better quality heavier shoes they still get scuffed over time and start to wear but not enough to chuck them.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I’ve got a couple of pairs of Bugatti derby shoes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Clarks Chilver Gore-Tex range, laced or slip on. Available for about ninety euro on Amazon. Will keep your feet dry in wet weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

Have a look at Church's offerings. Very comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I usually go with Japanese-style pointed shoes for the perfect balance of style and comfort.

Advertisement