Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Kovacic was exactly who I wanted to win, he'll make an incredible CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

RossieMan wrote: »
    Only the hardcore bunch left I'm afraid. You'll be struggling more now than ever. Getting 11 now would be like getting 17 back a few months ago.

I’ve a feeling you’re right. I only did my first one about 2 months ago but this whole week has being a disaster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14-12

Doubt I win three outta four tomorrow, but I’ll try.

One thing I find is every game is the same. I guess it’s the “only hardcore left” thing, but I really felt my run today was thanks to every game being identical. Everyone goes for the same crosses out wide for a spin and flick cross. Once you know it’s coming, it’s super easy to shut down, but everyone just tries spamming it.

That, and I’ve caught so so many people out today with bad back passes. With Ronaldo and Salah up front, I close them down super quick and have forced so many goals against people who are trying to tika taka it out from the back....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

0-0 wedding in Galway. Jeez southern folk are so nice, apart from a dose of dubs we encountered. Might get a game in tomorrow after the five hour drive home. Probably not lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

With the headliner sbc puzzle requiring very high chem and being available twice for everyone to complete so many cards are gone sky high, hulk and pato both gone over 9k

I spent about an hour going through my club and listing up, so many cards are selling. Got 800k from it.

Up to 41million transfer profit now :) (stopped trading properly about a month ago)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just won 4 in a row in fut champions. Strange.

Seems like bringing cr7 and leaving Henry Oneykoro on the left did the trick.

As for red TOTS Piatek him plus corner is a goal. Every time. I brought him few times just before the corner and he does it all the time.

Kind of like him now. Useless otherwise, though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭djan

Just played one of the most bizzare games in my life. To say I had a boat load of great chances is a great understatement. His GK was teleporting around like there no tomorrow and to top it off on the odd counter he got, scores 3 long range screamers and then a corner kick goal. Went to extra time and just about scraped the two goals to won in last 5min.

The stats jut make ya laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

djan wrote: »
    Just played one of the most bizzare games in my life. To say I had a boat load of great chances is a great understatement. His GK was teleporting around like there no tomorrow and to top it off on the odd counter he got, scores 3 long range screamers and then a corner kick goal. Went to extra time and just about scraped the two goals to won in last 5min.

The stats jut make ya laugh :)

FIFA 19 in a nutshell there. Have had many games like that this year!

On the other hand my opponent hit post and crossbar 7 times in one half yesterday. He won at the end, but can only imagine his feelings after first half :)

Pes has exclusive rights to Juventus now so in fifa20 juve will be known as Piemonte calico.

Doesn’t effect the players names, chemistry or anything though

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/fifa-20-piemonte-calcio?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭djan

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Pes has exclusive rights to Juventus now so in fifa20 juve will be known as Piemonte calico.

Doesn’t effect the players names, chemistry or anything though

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/fifa-20-piemonte-calcio?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

That is pretty big for PES. More so now that they have Ronaldo. Could this be the kick up the bum thst EA needs!?

That is pretty big for PES. More so now that they have Ronaldo. Could this be the kick up the bum thst EA needs!?

I really hope so, but unless PES buy out every major team, EA couldn’t care less. That or PES produce a better alternative to UT, which I don’t see happening anytime soon, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Nah EA just announced they've linked up with Liverpool the 6 time European champions who will have the Ballon D'Or winner too so they're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I really hope so, but unless PES buy out every major team, EA couldn’t care less. That or PES produce a better alternative to UT, which I don’t see happening anytime soon, unfortunately.

I don't think they need to challenge UT at all, I think they need to look elsewhere. It's like when fornight got big and everyone tried to make a battle royal game instead of innovating and making something different.

Lets call a spade a spade here, UT is a crap game mode. It's just it's the best supported game mode on the biggest football game so everyone plays it.

A really good pro clubs style mode where you build your character over the year in a mode supported as well as UT has been, would blow UT out of the water for enjoyability imo.

Also if you want to do eSports then 11 v 11 is the only way to go. FIFA's current "eSports" is a joke. A game mode where you can pay to gain an advantage, that's really in the spirit of competitive gaming alright.

Or a really good online career mode where you and your friends can play through a real football season competing for the same pool of players would be amazing as well.

Won't make EA or Konami as much money though most likely and that's the main aim of UT and MyClub type game modes. It's profit over quality.

If anyone has future stars, carnival or headliner players in their team I’d sell today, they’ll likely be in packs tomorrow with the new set of specials starting and as we seen with fut birthday cards, their prices will plummet tomorrow.

Just buy back then.

I don't think they need to challenge UT at all, I think they need to look elsewhere. It's like when fornight got big and everyone tried to make a battle royal game instead of innovating and making something different.

Lets call a spade a spade here, UT is a crap game mode. It's just it's the best supported game mode on the biggest football game so everyone plays it.

A really good pro clubs style mode where you build your character over the year in a mode supported as well as UT has been, would blow UT out of the water for enjoyability imo.

Also if you want to do eSports then 11 v 11 is the only way to go. FIFA's current "eSports" is a joke. A game mode where you can pay to gain an advantage, that's really in the spirit of competitive gaming alright.

Or a really good online career mode where you and your friends can play through a real football season competing for the same pool of players would be amazing as well.

Won't make EA or Konami as much money though most likely and that's the main aim of UT and MyClub type game modes. It's profit over quality.

UT has gotten so far that for the majority of the player base, it’s all that they buy the game for. Myself included. New game modes, revamped etc won’t be enough to hold the majority market imo.

Although I do agree with you, I’d love to see that sort of pro clubs game mode similar to 2K’s mycareer and mypark... I’ve been wanting something like that for ages and not the horrible Journey game mode.

If anyone has future stars, carnival or headliner players in their team I’d sell today, they’ll likely be in packs tomorrow with the new set of specials starting and as we seen with fut birthday cards, their prices will plummet tomorrow.

Just buy back then.

Main question is should we open reward packs before 6pm? Discard price for totm was 15k and the odds were good lately.

4 packs with 4 otw players, will they increase the odds?

wonski wrote: »
    Main question is should we open reward packs before 6pm? Discard price for totm was 15k and the odds were good lately.

If they’re better cards they’ll be harder to pack I’d imagine but there will probably be a fair bit of fodder through in too (motm, hero cards)
    I’ve packed tonnes and tonnes of specials over the last 2 weeks and I do enjoy when the different flare comes up and having no idea what’s in it but most of what I’ve got has been fodder.

I’ve discarded so many duplicate Europa league, motm and otw cards but the motm mostly has 14.5k discard so still good to get.

I also packed fut birthday Pavard 6 times but because he’s being packed so much and it’s now post tots he’s only worth 18k.

It's extremely hard to pack anything of value now. Even with the new drops tonight. I'd be holding off opening packs though and sell instantly as prices won't be rock bottom yet.

wonski wrote: »

I mixed up the dates and thought rewards are out today :)

Well there is nothing to wait for tomorrow obviously.

Will open them all at once as soon as they show up.

• Advertisement

Some TOTS back in packs, all the ****e leagues tho. Carniball, futties, TOTKS etc are back too.

Best SBC of the day is EOAE Crouchy. 6’7 99 heading, 47 jumping. Can’t wait to throw him into rivals and see where I end up

Me: no chance I play weekend league this week.
    EA: EoaE Crouch.
    Me: =O

Did 3 81+ upgrades. Got 3 tots players.
    1 was a duplicate so just completed the 86 section of the blanc sbc for my united team.

That left me with just the iconic part to do and had to buy an icon, the cheapest one on market was baby Gerard so got to submit him and leave fifa19 with one less Stevie g :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Me: no chance I play weekend league this week.
    EA: EoaE Crouch.
    Me: =O

Me too... still won’t touch WL but I’ll give him a whack in div 2 and online singles! First time I’m playing the game in about 2 weeks - all for Crouchy <3

I know no one really cares about trading anymore, I haven’t traded in a few weeks but might make a push for that carniball Neymar and need 300k more, this only takes about 2 mins. Might not get you anything but will cost nothing either.

Bohs play pats this week, twice in the last 5 weeks the Irish league has featured in marquee matchups and the bronze cards were going for 3/4K.

I just put filter on Irish league, max bid, 150 coins, flew through them, bidding on 50, sent them to the club (bar a couple of duplicates)

From 63 packs, my results:

Bowen TOTS
    75 hero x2
    75 hero
    Tawamba TOTS
    87 Ben Yedder
    87 Giroud
    90 Seferovic
    80 MOTM
    UEL Kostic
    75 MOTM x2
    UEL 89 Lacazette
    Stevens TOTS

Submitted some of them to do FB Firmino for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I know no one really cares about trading anymore, I haven’t traded in a few weeks but might make a push for that carniball Neymar and need 300k more, this only takes about 2 mins. Might not get you anything but will cost nothing either.

Bohs play pats this week, twice in the last 5 weeks the Irish league has featured in marquee matchups and the bronze cards were going for 3/4K.

I just put filter on Irish league, max bid, 150 coins, flew through them, bidding on 50, sent them to the club (bar a couple of duplicates)

Bogey, I'm well drunk, don't comprehend one bit of what you've said above but I will say this....

Hogey007, you have been a great help to me, and I'm sure to a few others.

Thanking You :)

#MVP

Liamalone wrote: »
    Bogey, I'm well drunk, don't comprehend one bit of what you've said above but I will say this....

Hogey007, you have been a great help to me, and I'm sure to a few others.

Thanking You :)

#MVP

Haha thank you :)

Pick up a few Irish league players for 200 coins before 6pm. They might be needed in marquee matchups :)

90 IF Di Maria and 87 IF siggy from a mega pack. They seem to be the OP packs right now. Good luck with the reds, lads.

• Advertisement

Telles and Rafa as my reds. The type of reds Id have been thrilled with a few weeks back but don't hold much sway any more.

Packs were decent-ish. Got two 88 TOTS cards in one pack, got a few 85-83s.

Probably will play this weekend, out of pure habit. Wondering if I should give Schmichael a whirl, just to have someone new involved. I'm reluctant to spend too many coins right now, from the point of 1) my team really doesn't need it, and 2) in case there's an SBC I want to do.

Advertisement