Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Astec 49DV events in memory description

Options
  • 15-07-2019 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was away at the weekend and when I came back the alarm in my house was going off. It's an Astec 49DV. It was strange because I had forgotten to set the alarm before I left, 100% certain it wasn't armed. I checked the memory and it showed the following events:

13th July - Mains Fault at 19:03
    13th July - On at 20:09
    14th July - Tamper Panel 1 Call Engineer (Code 14) at 11:33

I think the power went to my house which caused the mains fault because the cooker clock had been reset too. ESB has confirmed that there was a power outage in my area on the 13th so I know nobody was messing with wiring or whatever on Saturday but 2 things I'd like to know:

1. When these alarms come on after a mains fault to they arm themselves even if they weren't armed before the fault?
    2. What could cause error 14 to display the following day? The error displayed would indicate someone was tampering with the panel but there is no sign that anyone was in the house.

I also noticed that one of the trip switches on the main board was down, but I haven't yet found what it's used for, still investigating. I doubt that it's anything related to the alarm though.

I'd appreciate any input you may have. Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So if you try to set the system what's the exact message displayed?

Advertisement