Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

lawlolawl wrote: »
    There will be no follow up on the Shelton thing and KO will be a heel again next week with no explanation.

You have been very negative about the product WWE are offering in at least 3 threads now in the last 10 days or so.. If you dont like what you are seeing from WWE, and dont any improvement, why are you wasting time watching 5 hours of Raw/SD a wk? Just doesnt seem to make sense....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

ERG89 wrote: »
    Until he's legit dead & buried 6 feet under Vince will be in control. On PPV's, Smackdown & Raw(including this weeks show). Good or bad he's in charge.

I actually dont believe it matters that Heyman and Bischoff are there, everything will still run through Vince and unless he says yes, whatever they pitch is pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I actually dont believe it matters that Heyman and Bischoff are there, everything will still run through Vince and unless he says yes, whatever they pitch is pointless

Then all hell breaks loose when one of Heyman and Bischoff answer back too Vince and are fired

The wwe creative meetings must be great places to be

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Then all hell breaks loose when one of Heyman and Bischoff answer back too Vince and are fired

The wwe creative meetings must be great places to be

Like if Bischoff suggests they take Shane off tv and out of the ring forever, or Heyman says lets make Elias the star he could be, or asks Vince to stick with Bray Wyatt when he gets bored of him after a Raw appearance or 2.

Edit: Kevin Owens using the stunner is just wrong to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

daithi1989 wrote: »
    You have been very negative about the product WWE are offering in at least 3 threads now in the last 10 days or so.. If you dont like what you are seeing from WWE, and dont any improvement, why are you wasting time watching 5 hours of Raw/SD a wk? Just doesnt seem to make sense....

Hate-watching is a thing. I'm not saying that's what the poster in question does, but it does happen. But what also happens is that people don't necessarily watch the entire shows, but base their opinion off of the weekly snippets they see, the stories they read and the punditry they hear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

briany wrote:
    Hate-watching is a thing. I'm not saying that's what the poster in question does, but it does happen. But what also happens is that people don't necessarily watch the entire shows, but base their opinion off of the weekly snippets they see, the stories they read and the punditry they hear.

Ah it's just lawlolawl's shtick in fairness.

WWE = bad

AEW = the next coming of Christ

Best to tune it out tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sky88 wrote: »
    i think so even though the turn was sudden and out of nowhere im happy as he needs it in my opinion and got sidetracked from Kofi run

I wish he was just kept as a face or tweener with an edge for facing Kofi, if everyone's heel turn is a literal turn at the drop of a hat it loses its effect, some heel turns just need to be gradual changes in character that just make sense over time rather than literal turning from a fan loving guy to a fan hating guy who hates the town they're in

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They don't know how they good they have it with Joe. It's telling that he has done voice acting work in animation and video games, he is levels above everyone else on the roster in terms of promos. His voice and delivery are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

J. Marston wrote: »
    They don't know how they good they have it with Joe. It's telling that he has done voice acting work in animation and video games, he is levels above everyone else on the roster in terms of promos. His voice and delivery are fantastic.

Best heel in WWE. Would love to see him win the title

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

Joe should have taken the title off Lesnar at Great Balls of Fire.
    He elevated that feud to the point it had a proper big fight feel. They've totally messed him around and have him now appearing as the guy who always chases the title and comes up short everytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ThePott wrote: »
    Joe should have taken the title off Lesnar at Great Balls of Fire.
    He elevated that feud to the point it had a proper big fight feel. They've totally messed him around and have him now appearing as the guy who always chases the title and comes up short everytime.

Thats where the ‘long term plan’ of Reigns beating Lesnar the following WM got in the way of the more natural outcome, Joe should have won that time for sure, then if plans are still Brock v Roman have a returning refocused Lesnar win back the title between Survivor Series and the Rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

For sure, WWE sacrificed a lot of people to build up Lesnar for Roman to topple him and by the end they screwed it up so bad that nobody really cared.

They made Joe look like less of a legit contender because when you have a guy who spits fire on the mic and consistently can't back it up what's the point in getting invested.

Even Strowman who was white hot at one stage got steamrolled for Brock/Roman stuff. Don't think he's ever looked so good again. Not saying he should have got the title or anything.

So many opportunities to have made these guys and way more stars and they didn't instead they made Brock look like a big deal so Roman could get the rub. Then in 5 years they'll complain about having no stars despite they fact they could have had plenty if they didn't book to make just one guy look strong. They've done it a million times and that one guy eventually leaves or has to hang it up and they throw their hands up in confusion as to why no one is a "Superstar".

A bit confusing leading too KO vs Shane again ??

I wonder will they give Samoa Joe the wwe title if Kofi is hurt

KO is great on the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Assuming Randy Orton will be revealed as Blacks opponent at Extreme Rules.

Sort of a dream match here

Finn vs Daniel Bryan next please

"He's dangerous, he's mysterious, he's an artist. Capable of painting a picture of chaos."

Why do they give them these scripts?

Decent match

A heel finn joining the club would be cool. They could do it at extreme rules. Ricochet is being attacked and we think Finn is coming out too help him but attacks him instead and two sweets the club instead joining forces

• Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Joe needs to win the title!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

If Finn is to get involved with AJ, Gallows and Anderson it needs to be later down the line. A feud between heel Balor and AJ would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Decent match

A heel finn joining the club would be cool. They could do it at extreme rules. Ricochet is being attacked and we think Finn is coming out too help him but attacks him instead and two sweets the club instead joining forces

Would be the opposite of cool for me. Personally would like to see WWE look to the future rather than looking to the past and using a watered-down rehash of a NJPW stable. But this along with recent returns of Heyman and Bischoff seems to show them going in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Assuming Randy Orton will be revealed as Blacks opponent at Extreme Rules.

His opponent has been revealed to be
    Cesaro

• Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I liked Ali's vignette.

That guy is money.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Balor vs Nakamura for the first time in Smackdown history. This is going to be epic" Ad break for a third of the match.
    Speaking of ads, I meant to say in the Raw thread, but how many 2 out of 3 falls matches have we had since the "break during ads" changes compared to before?

Black/Cesaro seems to have come from nowhere. Look forward to it
    Does anyone even know what brand people are meant to be on anymore?

Liked Owens' promo, but it once again shows they're aware of the complaints but won't do anything about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Joe needs to win the title!

I think brock is cashing in on kofi after Joe beat down after the match leading to brock/Kofi summerslam

but really hope joe wins one of the big ones

• Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is SCKO from the mind of Eric Bischoff

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is SCKO from the mind of Eric Bischoff

No he had that gimmick when he came back from injury. They briefly turned him heel when Bryan got injured to have someone face Kofi.

They’re going back to the stone cold gimmick again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm giving Bischoff one chance then I'm done. Raw is beyond bad now. I can't take Michael Cole and Corey Graves fake announcing anymore, it's just the worst thing ever, just a total turn off. I honestly think the fake announcing, never taking a breath and overuse of horrible corporate branding and buzzwords is why the decline is so massive. It's attracting no new viewers just turning them off.

I think Cole said WWE Universe 50 times in the first 10 minutes of Raw, and that was it for me.

Bischoff is starting with a "town hall meeting" which sounds scarily like the time Russo and Bischoff did a reset of Nitro with all the wrestlers surrounding the ring.

And that was the end of WCW.

so Bischoff again is on screen character too ???#

I thought us fans are not supposed to knw whos running it all :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Shane is the doing the town hall gimmick but it's right out of Easy E's playbook.

I can assure the show will start with Limos pulling up to the arena.

Advertisement