Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GSD i70 Network Disconnected Issues

Options
  • 27-06-2019 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is having any issues with GSD app, over past couple of days the app is saying network disconnected. It has come and gone a few times, checked internet and its working on other devices. So trying to see if its alarm or internet problem

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Haven't see any sitewide issues. Who is your broadband with. The panel does prefer a security setting of WPA2/PSK as opposed to mixed mode.
    Some providers from time to time reset this on the routers. Try using a guest network.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

KoolKid wrote: »
    Haven't see any sitewide issues. Who is your broadband with. The panel does prefer a security setting of WPA2/PSK as opposed to mixed mode.
    Some providers from time to time reset this on the routers. Try using a guest network.

Thanks KoolKid, virgin broadband, there were issues when it was been installed all right but that was over a year ago, it worked up to now. Will try set up guest

• Registered Users Posts: 4 frianboley

Hi. I'm also experiencing this issue. I got the i70 installed in February and purposely went for the comms module with WiFi and SIM card backup, as remote access is important to me. Ever since Day 1 I've had problems with it, with the "Network Disconnected" message showing on the app. Initially the installer replaced the comms module, but the connection has continued to fail intermittently over the past few months. Now, it's been down for a week and the installer told me on Friday that they were doing work on their servers and it should be back online soon. But still no improvement.

Does anyone know if they're actually doing anything about it? Are they just running really poor servers and should be avoided? I can see that the installer is trying his best to get me answers but at this point I feel like I should either get a refund or full confirmation from them that the issues have been fixed.

Would appreciate any opinions on this if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There was an issue where it was showing disconnected but you would still get the push notifications. Is this whats happening with you?

There was an issue where it was showing disconnected but you would still get the push notifications. Is this whats happening with you?
    I'm afraid not. App showing Network Disconnected, and no push notifications being received. Previously when the app would show Network Disconnected, a Set/Unset of the alarm would normally kick it back into action. But now that's not even working since last Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Have you tried disconnecting & reconnecting the IP card.?
    This should reinitialize the SIM as well. Also try setting GSM as the primary connection & WiFi as secondary.

Have you tried disconnecting & reconnecting the IP card.?
    This should reinitialize the SIM as well. Also try setting GSM as the primary connection & WiFi as secondary.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Based on GSD's advice, the installer did come to replace the comms card (I guess this is the same as the IP card?) about 3 weeks after initial installation. But within 24 hours the same intermittent problem was back.
    Can I do your suggestions myself or would they need to be done by the installer? I think the system is a closed box.

You could probably do it yourself but if the system is still under warranty I'd recommend getting the installer back.

OK, thanks.

In general though, do we know if they're actively working on fixing these problems? Remote connectivity was the number 1 reason I got it installed, and it hasn't worked since Day 1. Such a disappointment after what appeared to be such a great solution and nice that it was an Irish company too.

I dont think its a GSD wide issue. We have 100s of systems on iCloud without any issues.
    On WiFi the majority of problems I come across are router related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

I dont think its a GSD wide issue. We have 100s of systems on iCloud without any issues.
    On WiFi the majority of problems I come across are router related.
    Same thing here since this morning, two mates with GSD also affected....

RootX wrote: »
    Same thing here since this morning, two mates with GSD also affected....

If you are connecting via WiFi set up a guest network for the alarm and set security to WPA2 /PSK

If you are connecting via WiFi set up a guest network for the alarm and set security to WPA2 /PSK
    Hi, that's how it's setup for two years now since it was installed. Issue was resolved this morning only to re-appear a couple of hours later.
    Like I said 2 other mates are experiencing the same issue, it's not just me.

A strange one. Try it using a hot spot from your phone and see if the same happens.

A strange one. Try it using a hot spot from your phone and see if the same happens.

Tried that, the system doesn't appear to be connecting to the hotspot. I've created a hotspot with the same name/password as the dedicated one on the router(and disabled the router's temporarily); I don't seem to have access (perhaps I don't know where to find) the connectivity settings on the alarm.

As of this morning there's a new error on the app/panel, "Dialler failure to communicate".

Do you have central station monitoring or a voice dialler on this. If the hot-spot isn't working try a restart of the panel.

Do you have central station monitoring or a voice dialler on this. If the hot-spot isn't working try a restart of the panel.

Hi, we've central station monitoring, correct but I don't think I've access to perform any admin functions on the panel; all issues seem to have sorted themselves as of this morning by the way...

Good to hear. the fail to communicate is the dialler not getting through the automated test calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Been having these same issues over the past few days with our Gsd system and the app too. Network is fine but the app reports it as being disconnected. The only way to fix it is by either setting the alarm on or off at the panel or by turning the router off an on. Any ideas?

Are you getting fail to communicate error?
    Do you have monitoring?

• Advertisement

Are you getting fail to communicate error?
    Do you have monitoring?

The only thing I see is the "Network Disconnected" banner on the app when I open it. I haven't seen any other message. It is a self monitored system so I get notifications when an event occurs.

And are you on WiFi or WiFi and GSM

And are you on WiFi or WiFi and GSM

Just Wifi. Been having problems with it so it's probably just that actually.

The best options on WiFi is a guest network with security set to WPA2/PSK

Advertisement