Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Where did SOR dig up these two entitled yummy mummies. They're sickening. Sean seems bored

They're TDs....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

They're TDs....

You're kidding !. That explains a lot so. The Maldives, the USA and South Africa for a little breakeen with the rug rats;)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

You're kidding !. That explains a lot so. The Maldives, the USA and South Africa for a little breakeen with the rug rats;)

It was two different items so different women.

First item was about travelling with children and they were hard to listen to. One contributor seemed to hog the airtime playing some app that small children could listen to on the plane. And wasn't I brilliant for bringing a four year old and a two year old on a flight.

When it was over I was expecting some relief, instead the Friday gathering had Kate O Connell and Catherine Martin.....pregnant garda, misogny in the 80's and the climate change, bus corridors

Ronan Collins was looked forward to by this listener.....a phrase I never thought I'd ever write.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

kazamo wrote: »

First item was about travelling with children and they were hard to listen to. One contributor seemed to hog the airtime playing some app that small children could listen to on the plane. And wasn't I brilliant for bringing a four year old and a two year old on a flight.

When it was over I was expecting some relief, instead the Friday gathering had Kate O Connell and Catherine Martin.....pregnant garda, misogny in the 80's and the climate change, bus corridors

Ronan Collins was looked forward to by this listener.....a phrase I never thought I'd ever write.

What's wrong with both of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I was on about the two bints who jet set all over the wurld with their sprogs and eye pads ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭elperello

dulpit wrote: »

Absolutely nothing.
    SO'R was just doing his job as a journalist.

dulpit wrote: »

It was twenty minutes of moaning and complaining.
    Ok there was not much positive news to review, but when the climate change proposals, neither of them were happy with that either, even though Kate is a government party TD.
    If they had been there for another hour, not sure either would have been happy with any story.

What was the issue with the presence of TDs Kate O'Connell and Catherine Martin on the Friday panel? They weren't talking about children, but about issues like climate change and transport infrastructure.

I don't want to be pernickety but what was your issue there, apart from the fact that they're women?

I agree that the previous child segment was tedious, and it left me wondering why the technology expert from a major publication (who happens to be a woman) was invited along to discuss childcare on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

elperello wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing.
    SO'R was just doing his job as a journalist.

Kate fairly cut the legs from under him when he asked her why she didn't go to the minister about the pregnant Garda.

What was the issue with the presence of TDs Kate O'Connell and Catherine Martin on the Friday panel? They weren't talking about children, but about issues like climate change and transport infrastructure.

I don't want to be pernickety but what was your issue there, apart from the fact that they're women?

I agree that the previous child segment was tedious, and it left me wondering why the technology expert from a major publication (who happens to be a woman) was invited along to discuss childcare on holidays.

Have absolutely no problem with them being women, it was their negative attitude which as public representatives, I don't believe is a good trait. For example if Regina Doherty or Lisa Chambers had been on the panel, I believe you had a far better chance of some positivity from our governments ideas on tackling climate change.

Seems to me, we have a cohort of TD's male and female who enjoy wallowing in highlighting the woes of this country. We need solutions, not endless circles of debating issues, do nothing, then repeat process in 2-3 years.

I think we deserve better, but maybe I'm just a raving lunatic

• Advertisement

Have absolutely no problem with them being women, it was their negative attitude which as public representatives, I don't believe is a good trait.
    You thought that Kate O’Connell TD (Govt representative on the panel) was too negative?

She defended everything the government had done and insisted that they were working 'to the best of their ability’. Can you elaborate on how you thought she was being negative?

If anyone should have been described as having had a negative attitude, it’d be Mick Clifford but even his points were fair and valid.

I’m afraid I just don’t understand your point here, or the link to the earlier female contributors.

You thought that Kate O’Connell TD (Govt representative on the panel) was too negative?

She defended everything the government had done and insisted that they were working 'to the best of their ability’. Can you elaborate on how you thought she was being negative?

If anyone should have been described as having had a negative attitude, it’d be Mick Clifford but even his points were fair and valid.

I’m afraid I just don’t understand your point here, or the link to the earlier female contributors.

Kate O Connell made the following comments in that discussion
    "It's a very very badly thought out plan"
    "I'm a huge critic of the plan even though I'm a FG TD"

Listen back

in the past both Paschal and Regina went on numerous radio and tv shows to bat the party line and we're rewarded for same. I'm sure there were topics or party lines they would have preferred not to debate on air but toeing the party line and of course career advancement they did so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Kate was not in the Leo camp during the FG leadership race. She had to back Simon as Eoghan Murphy (her constituency colleague) backed Leo and got a Minister's job t of it.
    So Kate is out in the cold as long as Leo remains in power in FG. She's mostly negative about everything this Govt does...she regularly criticizes them whenever on radio, playing both sides of the fence so to speak.

I think kazamo called this correctly from his first post and has no case to answer around perceived misogyny. But each to their own view I suppose!

Kate O Connell made the following comments in that discussion
    "It's a very very badly thought out plan"
    "I'm a huge critic of the plan even though I'm a FG TD"

Listen back

in the past both Paschal and Regina went on numerous radio and tv shows to bat the party line and we're rewarded for same.
    Wasn't Regina Doherty accused of conspiring to organise protests against her own Government recently?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/chief-whip-is-accused-of-trying-to-organise-protests-against-herself-on-pylons-35316335.html

I live in Kate O'Connell's constituency, I think she's a valuable TD, but I also think she's engaging in parochial politics here.

Nevertheless, I still cannot understand the special ire that she comes in for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Coveney for leader of FG now. He has been very professional and played a blinder with the diplomacy issues surrounding Brexit IMV.

Better him than a fella that just shows off his mad socks and his gra for Kylie Minogue. I mean, come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Wasn't Regina Doherty accused of conspiring to organise protests against her own Government recently?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/chief-whip-is-accused-of-trying-to-organise-protests-against-herself-on-pylons-35316335.html

I live in Kate O'Connell's constituency, I think she's a valuable TD, but I also think she's engaging in parochial politics here.

Nevertheless, I still cannot understand the special ire that she comes in for.

Agree. Think she comes across as well briefed on topics under discussion - I’m apolitical and listen to a lot of current affairs radio programmes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Coveney for leader of FG now. He has been very professional and played a blinder with the diplomacy issues surrounding Brexit IMV.

I'm not a fan, but at least it'd feel like there's a grown-up in charge again.

She really doesn't like "profit making".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Sean off again today. Counting down the days until he has 6 weeks off from next Friday. Some job. At least tubridy divides his time off and not a straight month off or watever he gets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Badabing wrote: »
    Sean off again today. Counting down the days until he has 6 weeks off from next Friday. Some job. At least tubridy divides his time off and not a straight month off or watever he gets.
    RTE are worse than the BBC and thats saying something . It won’t belong now until they kick the crutches out from under over 75s .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

A nice jaunt to Lahinch for the golf ahead of the 6 week holiday, handy day off last week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

blinding wrote: »
    RTE are worse than the BBC and thats saying something . It won’t belong now until they kick the crutches out from under over 75s .

Really . Half the post doesn't make sense and 2 posters give it thanks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

I've just been listening to my regular podcasts of the show and caught Brenda Power and Ellen Coyne discussing Love Island (never watched it but know the score).

Maybe it was meant as 'tongue in cheek', but Jaysus...I'll never be able to take Ellen Coyne's analysis of anything political seriously again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Sean gave Paul Reid the new head of the HSE an easy interview this morning.

Cole wrote: »
    I've just been listening to my regular podcasts of the show and caught Brenda Power and Ellen Coyne discussing Love Island (never watched it but know the score).

Maybe it was meant as 'tongue in cheek', but Jaysus...I'll never be able to take Ellen Coyne's analysis of anything political seriously again.
    isn't she signing-on 'down the labour' now anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Sean gave Paul Reid the new head of the HSE an easy interview this morning.

You mean SOR didn't beat him over the head about issues that he's not responsible for? That seems reasonable to me.

There's plenty of time for Reid to make his own mistakes. For starters, his attempt to force his minions not to overspend their budgets for the rest of this year will dig him a large enough hole to bury the QE2 in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

isn't she signing-on 'down the labour' now anyway?

Starting with Joe.ie next week, they're doing new politics thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,054 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You mean SOR didn't beat him over the head about issues that he's not responsible for? That seems reasonable to me.

There's plenty of time for Reid to make his own mistakes. For starters, his attempt to force his minions not to overspend their budgets for the rest of this year will dig him a large enough hole to bury the QE2 in.

Already made his first two, applied for the job, took the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Jesus, it's like groundhog day!!!

• Advertisement

Are farmers being ordered to move to Dublin or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement