Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iran addicted,smiles and helpful, all around great eggs

• 22-10-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

Long story short, been to Iran twice this year, not planned, but anyway, and, and hoping to go back next March (2019)
      Change to visa on arrival , you can now get visa at IKA on a a loose page, no later USA visa problems
    1. Last April Euro was about 60,000 IRR, now 150,000 and and as high as 220,000IRR
    2. People more welcoming and helpful than you can imagine

6fqk8w.jpg

I'like to visit countries, but do not generally travel a lot on the ground.

Will recommend a hostel in Tehran and Isfahan that will not disappoint, price or quality wise, but only via PM's to avoid charges of "shillin"

Prices : IKA to central Tehran 50 minutes about €7
    Tehran to Isfahan 6 hour reclining 3 abreast seats bus ride €4
    40 minutes by jet =€12 (great view of desert landscapes)
    Went for 10 days with €150 came back with €70
    And a huge plus for any country you can buy Fresh Cows milk
    Check out MAH Card or Daric Pay as western banking cards will not work and handling large amounts in notes will do your head in.

P.S. Photo not by me

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Wow I would love to go if the situation was different (I’m ridiculously cautious and risk-averse as a traveller). The culture is amazing, the people seem incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Oink wrote: »
    Wow (I’m ridiculously cautious and risk-averse as a traveller).
    Not un-paranoid myself, and am worried more about internal explosion of civil unrest than direct attack by "Team America" or Israel. Story: While visiting Chicago in October 2016 ( Chicago has murder rate equal to that of New York and L.A. combined ) and walking in one of the most beautiful residential streets in any city I have visited, West Arlington Place was almost fatally knocked on the head by a rotten falling branch ( See below ) My very witty family said it was a branch of Islam that had it in for me.
    I know that paranoia is not removed by facts, but I like the story.

Iran is street-safe, a mid- thirties blonde Swiss female that had travelled alone in Morocco and Egypt , said she felt respected in Iran in a way that was a pleasant surprise to her

2uj2hwg.jpg

My Iranian cultural Icon is a "Majoon" see pic below
    3097te0.jpg

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Definitely on my bucketlist

Advertisement