Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car insurance

• 01-07-2019 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am looking for advise on a insurance claim.
    A guy who has no car insurance backed into my car . The Garda who is looking after the case is not very good and I cannot get any info when when I get to talk to him . Anyone with any suggestions Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Shouldn't you just let your insurance company deal with it?I presume they will settle with MIBI (or whatever it was called) and then MIBI will chase the driver for amount claimed.

I don't think you need to talk to that person at all, unless he wanted to settle the bill himself which would be decent thing to do and might help his case when in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe I read it wrong but I think the OP wants to talk to the Garda rather than the fool with no insurance.

I'd recommend if your getting no joy with the Garda then go to his station and speak with his superior or station Superintendent.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's probably best just to let your insurer handle this. I assume you have contacted them?
    Give them all details and let them do what you pay them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I suspect the OP doesn't want to do this through his insurance, it sounds like he has a dinge that shoud be fixed without anyone claiming off insurance. And he might not have fully comp., in which case he has no business contacting his own insurance.

OP, did you get the other driver's name & address at the scene? Contact him and see if he is prepared to cough up cash for the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

biko wrote: »
    It's probably best just to let your insurer handle this. I assume you have contacted them?
    Give them all details and let them do what you pay them for.

Unless you want to claim from your insurance and then allow the insurance company to chase MIBI (with lost NCB in between), it's not an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

grogi wrote: »
    Unless you want to claim from your insurance and then allow the insurance company to chase MIBI (with lost NCB in between), it's not an option.

If it is verified that the other party has no insurance, the MIBI protocol is that your insurer handles the claim under the comprehensive part of the policy, with no loss of NCB and no increase in premium at renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

If it is verified that the other party has no insurance, the MIBI protocol is that your insurer handles the claim under the comprehensive part of the policy, with no loss of NCB and no increase in premium at renewal.

And if you don't have comprehensive policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

grogi wrote: »
    And if you don't have comprehensive policy?

You deal with the MIBI directly

Advertisement