Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic Design CV question

• 10-07-2019 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've a quick one here I'm hoping you guys can help with as I'm no expert in this area.

My wife has a colleague who's husband is looking for graphic design work. He sent me on a CV to review before I found out it was for graphic design thinking I may be able to help (I work more in development).

I've sent back my feedback on the CV but as we've been discussing this I don't know if I've the wrong idea here about his CV.

My main issue with it is that it's a boring grey word template and there is no link to his work. My expectation was that for graphic design, the CV is a great chance to show off what you can do. however, I do not know the industry and know if this is standard.

Any feedback on this would be very helpful

Red

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The CV itself wouldn't bother me too much if it wasn't some masterpiece but to not have a link to an online portfolio is a non runner. Should be a link to a website portfolio or a behance profile or something similar showcasing his work. The CV is just highlighting the work experience, qualifications etc the portfolio is what sets them apart from someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

I think if he is a graphic designer he should put a lot of work into a well designed graphic CV. You want the reader to be impressed visually before he reads a thing.

Like these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Advertisement