Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strikeforce: Evolution, 20/12/09 @ 0300 GMT

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Quandos looked like the ghost of Christmas past with all that make up :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did any listen to cecil peoples score of the fight ????? 10 points off the other 2 judges :confused:

OK result was correct but 10 point vs 3 point difference between other 2 judges :mad:

Will we get black brock v Fedor ??????? Heno seemed to be more into it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

black brock?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭roo1981

Great show. All the fights were fairly exciting, Thomson & Melendez is my fight of the year. Strikeforces really growing on me, it reminds me quite a bit of the old Prides production wise. Really liking the no elbows on the ground and the return of the nifty little ref camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Cecil Peoples had the fight 48-47, Melendez and there is no need to complain about the scoring because the fifth could have gone to Thompson because Melendez did nothing other than put on the ground with a punch and let him get back up.

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »
    Cecil Peoples had the fight 48-47, Melendez and there is no need to complain about the scoring because the fifth could have gone to Thompson because Melendez did nothing other than put on the ground with a punch and let him get back up.

My bad misheard 49-47 at the end there :o

TechnoPool wrote: »
    black brock?

Bobby Lashley

Going forward for strikeforce .... they just need more shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

calex71 wrote: »
    Going forward for strikeforce .... they just need more shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im looking forward to Strikeforce as much if not more then a lot of UFC events recently. Januarys event looks great too :)
    This is the lineup wiki have and it seems about right

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

I aint anyway. Le is a great fighter to watch..A few great potential matchups have had the wind taken out of their sails now. I hope he bounces back anyway. As he seems like a nice guy, and a good fighter.

Le gave smith too much respect in that fight. He could have put him a way a few times, but his hesitancy cost him.

Credit to Smith though. He is tough as nails and never out of the fight.

Personally I'm happy that the hype machine is slay'n, but I can see what you mean. A Hendo fight would be nice because Dan would most likely stand with Cung. Also a Manhoef fight would have been brutal, the one fight that you would have no doubt in your mind that it would end in a KO.

I thought that both fighters fought bad fights personally. Le was obviously not at peak condition as he started to fade towards the end of the fight. Also, a slight breeze to the body could floor Smith so this was an ideal fight for Le.

Also, Smith fought a terrible fight for the first 2 rounds and it was like he'd never seen le fight before. He wouldn't push the pace and constantly let Le control the range. IMO he could have made the fight alot quicker if he was aggresive early and kept Le uncomfortable.

Still, the ending was one of the most dramatic I've seen in quite some time and a great comeback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Very good show.
    Smith showed great heart against Le, he took some serious shots in rd 1 and 2. There's definetley room for another organisation other than UFC showing good quality MMA fights. Competition is a good thing. I'm looking forward to the next event.

Wow I didn't know Marius Zaromskis was lined up to fight Diaz.

That is one ill look forward to. Love too see him take one of those sweet kicks of his to Diaz head. Realistically though I see Diaz winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

This was an excellent show, and i agree a pity they dont have more CBS coverage as the whole card was fantastic, a must see title match and dominant performances overall, the last few Strikeforce events have surpassed any UFC offerings since 100 imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The-Game wrote: »
    This was an excellent show, and i agree a pity they dont have more CBS coverage as the whole card was fantastic, a must see title match and dominant performances overall, the last few Strikeforce events have surpassed any UFC offerings since 100 imo!

lots of injuries and UFC 107 say hello!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Strikeforce are proving that you don't need the worlds best fighters to put on an entertaining show.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Strikeforce are proving that you don't need the worlds best fighters to put on an entertaining show.

Even though they have the best with Fedor :D

waits for the criticism to come

Advertisement