Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cage of Honour, November 7th,Castlebar. Final Card/Tickets

• 01-10-2009 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Final fightcard

Main Event

Karl Roche (IRL) v Dan Severn (USA)

Super Fight

Aisling Daly (IRL) v Maiju Kujala (FIN)

Ireland v France

Tom Egan v Gary KONO

Cathal Pendred v Ugo GAILLARD

Alan Duffy v Cédric CELERIER

Undercard

Marius LAPENAS (LITH) v Mickael DELAVAU (FR)

Arni Isaksson (ICE) v Jason PONET (FR)

Tom MaGuire (IRL) v Martin Begley (IRL)

Chris Fields (IRL) v Richard Gorey (IRL)

Rob Quinn (IRL) v Bernard McGuigan (IRL)

For tickets contact Aisling on 0877408995 or email aisdaly[at]gmail.com

More details here: http://www.theroyal.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=247&Itemid=276

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

Not long to go Ais!! Must get down and see you before then!

Claire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Good card. Wonder how the Maguire/Begley trilogy will end?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

wingnut4 wrote: »
    Not long to go Ais!! Must get down and see you before then!

Claire

ah.........you're in Rush that night!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

weemate wrote: »
    you're in Rush that night!!!!

Such a pity the 2 are on the same night. Does nothing for the local scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Eduardo Ancient Screwball

Dancor wrote: »
    Such a pity the 2 are on the same night. Does nothing for the local scene.

Bit of a p*sser alright.

Ideally I'd have went to both events had they not clashed, and this fight card looks exciting (I'd love to see Karl & Severn slug it out).

But Rush was, ermmmm - a RUSH last time so I'm off there.

But damned sorry to be missing this one.

Good luck to you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rondog

Is Karl roche not biting off more than he can chem here.Ive seen a couple of fights on teh local circuit but dan severn has been in there with some legends and tough mofo's.Grant it hes getting on a bit now but he can still look after himself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

rondog wrote: »
    Is Karl roche not biting off more than he can chem here.Ive seen a couple of fights on teh local circuit but dan severn has been in there with some legends and tough mofo's.Grant it hes getting on a bit now but he can still look after himself!!

Karl is a tough lad and only a nipper compared to Dan, Dan was old in the early UFC,S never mind now, The difference in age makes this a genuine fight that Karl can win if he performs to his best. C'mon Karl.....

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

wow , great match ups , i'm going to this , my first live MMA event. Looking forward to see Tom Egan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Aisling! wrote: »
    Final fightcard

Main Event

Karl Roche (IRL) v Dan Severn (USA)

Super Fight

Aisling Daly (IRL) v Maiju Kujala (FIN)

Ireland v France

Tom Egan v Gary KONO

Cathal Pendred v Ugo GAILLARD

Alan Duffy v Cédric CELERIER

Undercard

Marius LAPENAS (LITH) v Mickael DELAVAU (FR)

Arni Isaksson (ICE) v Jason PONET (FR)

Tom MaGuire (IRL) v Martin Begley (IRL)

Chris Fields (IRL) v Richard Gorey (IRL)

Rob Quinn (IRL) v Bernard McGuigan (IRL)

For tickets contact Aisling on 0877408995 or email aisdaly[at]gmail.com

More details here: http://www.theroyal.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=247&Itemid=276

Tom Maguire and Martin Begley being so far down the card is a travesty in my humble opinion, they should be up there just under Tom Egan.

Either way, awesome card, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ta2liam

Will this sell out or can u jus pay at the door?

• Advertisement

Since there's a week to go, why not just buy a ticket and not worry about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Roper wrote: »
    Since there's a week to go, why not just buy a ticket and not worry about it?

Is it not a month to go? :confused:

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Is it not a month to go? :confused:
    So there is. Worse again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

I sure hope it's a month otherwise I'm not on target for weight! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately due to poor ticket sales this show is now cancelled. Big thanks to Paul Cowzer though who has a put my fight with Maiju on his Rumble in Rush show so I still have a fight! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

That's a shame I was really looking forward to Karl Vs Severn could have been a classic

Good luck to Ais in Rush anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Not to act like a vulture here

but if any of the irish guys on the undercard want to move their fights to our card on Saturday in Derry we would be open to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Aisling! wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Unfortunately due to poor ticket sales this show is now cancelled. Big thanks to Paul Cowzer though who has a put my fight with Maiju on his Rumble in Rush show so I still have a fight! :D

That's unfortunate.

I think future events might sell out better if they were held in central Dublin. For example, "Irish Whip Wrestling" have held events in the SFX near Mountjoy square before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

How big is MMA in Ireland becoming?
    MMA really seems to have taken off in this country. From reading here there is at least 6 events coming up before the end of the year

Rumble in Rush, Fight before Christmas, Tribal warfare, Chaos, 2 in August (cant remember at the moment , EFR are doing one and that 8 man tournie), not to mention the MMA league
    And thats not including ROT/Cot which will surely be happening again soon.

My question is this: Do we have a big enough pool of active fighters to accommodate what seems like a busy schedule? Is it the same fighters most of the time or is there foreign teams/fighters competing as well as Irish? How big can this get?

Although it seems to be working well with lots of new guys arriving on the scene and coming up through the ranks.

Is the fan base there to support all this?

Hmmmmmh:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Hope some of these fights can be rescheduled:( Best of luck Ais in ur fight - ur never one for a dull nite lol and excellent for a main event :cool:

Mrs Lynch
    xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭juijitsu black

LOOK PEOPLE,,,,, DONT BE ANGRY B U T !!! mma in Ireland IS CRAP, most of the time, YES<< there are some great people like Mr Lav, Mr A.Mer Ms Lynch, Mr Kavan yada yada I could go on, some of the best MMA SHOWS i have been to have been to are EFR, Cage of Truth, UOC, Fight B4 Christmas, etc, ..... BUT .. MMA in Ire, has too many people wanting to be king!!! People Trying to be the BOSS. I know of 1 group, a business part of mine wanting to build a group simalr to the UFC, and they had backing of almost £500,000 but cause of the jealousy, from other clubs and coaches wanting to be in charge the whole deal fell through...... FECKING GROW UP!!!! Stop saying OH NO!!! i wont my fighter take part in your show because Bla Bla, Just Do It, REAL COACHES DONT OWN PEOPLE, I DONT BOSS MY FIGHTERS IN2 whatever and we have a great win record over the past 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

LOOK PEOPLE,,,,, DONT BE ANGRY B U T !!! mma in Ireland IS CRAP, most of the time, YES<< there are some great people like Mr Lav, Mr A.Mer Ms Lynch, Mr Kavan yada yada I could go on, some of the best MMA SHOWS i have been to have been to are EFR, Cage of Truth, UOC, Fight B4 Christmas, etc, ..... BUT .. MMA in Ire, has too many people wanting to be king!!! People Trying to be the BOSS. I know of 1 group, a business part of mine wanting to build a group simalr to the UFC, and they had backing of almost £500,000 but cause of the jealousy, from other clubs and coaches wanting to be in charge the whole deal fell through...... FECKING GROW UP!!!! Stop saying OH NO!!! i wont my fighter take part in your show because Bla Bla, Just Do It, REAL COACHES DONT OWN PEOPLE, I DONT BOSS MY FIGHTERS IN2 whatever and we have a great win record over the past 3 years.

lol! Spell check would stop this post hurting my eyes so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

The following might be worth for a look at.
    http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Grammar-Style/dp/1592571158

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Eduardo Ancient Screwball

This calls for a lolcat reply.

fascinating.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SWEATHOG

how come its still onsale for cage of honour??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Roper wrote: »
    Good card. Wonder how the Maguire/Begley trilogy will end?

I guess you will find out at cage contender on 14th november

Maguire/Begley/Morris/McConnell/Breslin/Galbraith

(start of plug)

tickets still available from ticketmaster or from any of the fighters appearing on the show, check out the full fight card at www.fight.ie

(end of plug)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Who wants to be in charge?

and you name all the shows you said you seen the best fights on so in 1 breath Irish MMA is ****e and in another you've seen the best fights on Irish shows-:rolleyes:

Clubs just want to protect fighters and make sure there been looked after by people who love MMA and not just some investor who does not care for the fighters

plenty of lads have been given support setting up MMA shows such as John Ferguson above and Adrian patterson who both came from outside MMA circles but had the right idea of engaging the clubs to find out what was needed and not just pumping money in and expecting robots to perform

If i put any fighter on a show and feel there treated poorly the show will never get my backing again-im not sending my fighters to a 1st time show unless i know there like minded like most promoters and want MMA in Ireland to grow and and are willing to help clubs who are the bread and butter of the sport out.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

fightie wrote: »
    I guess you will find out at cage contender on 14th november

Maguire/Begley/Morris/McConnell/Breslin/Galbraith

(start of plug)

tickets still available from ticketmaster or from any of the fighters appearing on the show, check out the full fight card at www.fight.ie

(end of plug)

Also guys if you could try to buy your tickets from the fighters it will make them a few quid more

Cheers

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sul02

lol at Tim_Murphys edit reason......

• Advertisement
Advertisement