Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probably a movie?

• 03-08-2006 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

ok Here is a dream I had some months back. I remember it well because it went on for some time and I was quite interested to see what would happen. But it is more likely a movie on TV while I was sleeping. :) If it was someone send me a link to it. :D

Anyway it starts off I am on a coastel area. The ground below is all black (volcanic?) and the ground is similar structure to the giants causeaway. The sea is the ocean and I am helping to secure a small boat of about 5-6 people and some boxes and stuff. There is another boat on the shore of about the same number of people and appear to be armed. In the distance is a larger boat. Looks military in design. The weather isn't the best (cloudy) and I would put the time around afternoon.

Secured the boat and now helping to carry stuff. At this point I turn around. The island itself is small maybe about a mile radius, its hard to tell if its circular though as in the center is a huge tower/mountain made out of the same rock. The land around is all the same and appears to be getting beaten by the sea, as if the tide is coming in. Looks like nothing could live on this island, its devoid of any plant/animal life.

We start to head for the mountain part, when closer it looks like it was not created by nature. There is a clear doorway and large doors. While the doors themselves appear to be stuck one is quite open. Around the doorframe appears to be a design of sea creatures.

Once inside the tower I would put the whole structure around 200 meters radius or there abouts. Well the courtyard anyway. At the other end is a walkway up to another set of doors, smaller this time and appears to be bowls on either side of the doors. Kind of the ones you see fires in. Unlike outside the court yard is totally smooth black rock. The walls go all the way up and for the distance and the black rock the light itself appears to be fine. As if the black rock reflects the light softly.

Another big thing I noticed is nearly every inch of the rock inside has designs all over it. Kind of a mix between Thai, Chinese, Arabic type character sets (although I doubt it was any). Also out of the corner of my eye the designs appear to be moving occasionally but if I stare at them directly they are stationary. Makes me a bit dizzy.

One of the guys (whos armed) comes over and tells us to set up camp, at which point I start opening the boxes, one person is setting up tents but I appear to be setting up some kind of monitoring equipment. I appear to know what I am doing so prehaps I am a researcher? At this point I thought is this actually me? and paused.

However there is a commotion across the way that distracts me. A woman and the armed guy are arguing. I can't hear exactly but it appears it is over the second doorway. He does not want her to enter/set up there while she is going on about the weather and tents. He is talking about "another team" before us. But can't get full jist of what they are talking about. He sets up two guys to stand guard at the small doorway and two at the other doorway.

The stuff is set up at this point, we have a fire lit as its getting dark and people are eating/ talking. The woman mentions about unable to contact the boat from within the compound. She heads out with the guy she was arguing with earlier and some radio equipment.

Shortly after they leave we feel a wind picking up, however everyone notices that the wind isn't coming from outside but instead coming from the smaller doorway. As we look towards the doorway we notice that the guards have actually disappeared. No saw them leave the courtyard. A few seconds after someone asks where they are gone right on cue we hear screaming coming from the doorway only off in the distance. It stops after a few seconds and shortly after there is like a low hum/chant. It is hard to tell if it is actually someone doing it or the way the wind is hitting the walls as it appears to come from all around.

The woman and guy come rushing back at that point and ask what is going on. The guy, woman and a few others armed head into the doorway to check it out. They go in. They don't come out. They are gone for some time.

I argue with the others over who should check what happened. One wants to go back to the ship now. The woman has taken the radio and none of us know how to drive a boat. I volunteer to go to the door to call them.

I head up to the door and look in. It appears different to the outside. Inside there are lights left by the soliders (sticks) which light up the area but don't really tell me anything. The inside walls appear to be of the same stuff outside but feel different more like stretched fleshy feel. I realise at this point I am inside the doorway. To direct left and right of me and facing back to the courtyard are two tunnels leading down. What is strange is the tunnels themselves should be noticable outside of the doorway but aren't. It is like the inside is bigger then the outside.

I shout down one of the tunnels "are you guys ok?". I hear my voice echo but it changes mid-echo. Not a nice sound at all. The chanting feels louder. The wall I am near appears to be moving even when I directly look at it. In the distance of one of the tunnels I can hear someone calling me. Although I can't make out who or what it is or if even if they are calling me, I just hear a noise and the urge to head down the tunnel gets stronger.

I start to head down the tunnel... when I realise I am not moving. I will myself to go down the tunnel but won't. It is at this point I realise that the person is not me and that I am dreaming this. Once I realise this I woke up. Was scary in parts but didn't feel like a nightmare. It was the detachment at the end that is probably why it didn't feel real.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

That is a fairly excellent dream Hobbes. I've often dreamt dreams whereby I wake up wondering if it was a movie or part of a book and even while I'm dreaming am thinking - this should be a movie! It doesn't sound familiar to me - maybe if you work on it you'll dream the next scene and actually write a movie?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Let's see, you said it might be from film? Well, if the military ship was rather a cargo steamer, then perhaps you were influenced by the King Kong remake? It came out a few months ago. Just a thought.

Advertisement