Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals/support for medical staff thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I don’t think it’s storewide as I haven’t seen it advertised but Specsavers in the GPO arcade gave my other half, who is an ED nurse, half price on new lens, frames, etc yesterday.

The minute they heard she was a nurse they couldn’t have been nicer to her so must commend them for the appreciation they showed for her work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

There was a mention in one of the motoring threads of a garage giving discounts to medical staff but the actual garage wasn't named.

Great idea for a thread by the way, I have family working in hospitals and I because I love them so much and worry about them I actually tried to persuade them to stay out of work but it's a calling not a job.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am a doctor and I really appreciate support and warmth from members of the public.
    StaySafe!

Love you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

All applegreens giving free hot drinks to frontline emergency services staff

https://m.facebook.com/notes/applegreen/free-hot-beverages-for-emergency-services-staff/10158482400323487/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Caffe Nero, at least in the north, are offering free hot drinks to medical staff. When I said I'd prefer a coke as I was saving it for later, it didn't extend to that. Nice ladies at the counter though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

I read on an article earlier McDonalds are closing at 7pm on 23rd by the latest all HSE and emergency services staff will receive their order free of charge of presentation of relevant ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Appreciate the sentiment, of the offers and the idea behind the thread, but I don't think any fast food places should be open, I'm glad McDonald's is shutting up for a while, and all other restaurants need to do the same.

All non essential places need to close in fact, that'd be more rewarding than a free coffee.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hopefully won't be needed, but I saw Seapoint Dental Clinic put up free emergency dental care to all healthcare workers
    Details here

Fair play to the Choice Hotel Group...

https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/irish-hotel-group-gives-away-250000-worth-of-stays-to-healthcare-workers-39087362.html

Another business that should be supported when this is all over.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

GoCarIreland and Cork entrepreneur Pat Phelan have made 100 cars available totally free of charge in 20 locations nationwide for front line Health Care Workers.

Fantastic generosity and cooperation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

GoCarIreland and Cork entrepreneur Pat Phelan have made 100 cars available totally free of charge in 20 locations nationwide for front line Health Care Workers.

Fantastic generosity and cooperation.

Tesco Ireland may have provided food and other supplies to nvrl and other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I missed it.
    Fair play to the Choice Hotel Group...

https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/irish-hotel-group-gives-away-250000-worth-of-stays-to-healthcare-workers-39087362.html

Another business that should be supported when this is all over.

Advertisement