Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
29-03-2020, 17:42   #166
Darc19
Registered User
 
Darc19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,139
I talked to someone in the industry that I knew from years back asking why prices haven't dropped.

Demand dropped dramatically and without any notice so the fuel bought at higher prices has to wash through the system, but that is mostly done and decent price drops should be seen filtering through now.

Kerosene is also used as jet fuel, so whilst homeowners have been buying more, that pales in comparison to the amount used by aircraft.

She said fuel demand had dropped over 60% and further drop is expected now.
Darc19 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-03-2020, 18:04   #167
Agent_47
Registered User
 
Agent_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc19 View Post
I talked to someone in the industry that I knew from years back asking why prices haven't dropped.

Demand dropped dramatically and without any notice so the fuel bought at higher prices has to wash through the system, but that is mostly done and decent price drops should be seen filtering through now.

Kerosene is also used as jet fuel, so whilst homeowners have been buying more, that pales in comparison to the amount used by aircraft.

She said fuel demand had dropped over 60% and further drop is expected now.
cheers, just seen €499 for 1,000 litres, will wait for further as only need 600 at the moment
Agent_47 is offline  
29-03-2020, 18:56   #168
Cape Clear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOOP 64 View Post
I ordered 500 ltrs from Topoil last Monday,still waiting.
Was told Wednesday when I ordered Friday from MJ Kelleher.
Cape Clear is offline  
29-03-2020, 19:23   #169
Darc19
Registered User
 
Darc19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_47 View Post
cheers, just seen €499 for 1,000 litres, will wait for further as only need 600 at the moment
I would be in no rush. Prices only going in one direction.

The nice thing about oil prices coming down is it really only affects the middle east and Russia, so no guilt in waiting for lower prices
Darc19 is offline  
30-03-2020, 10:28   #170
kenyard
Registered User
 
kenyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 888
crude oil is down to 20 a barrel at the moment. 17 year low.
just looking at the government taxes per litre. i see petrol is @55c/l (I assume diesel is also the same).
is the home heating oil taxed at 14.5c/l or is it 0?

heating oil should surely drop to 45c/l or even 40 at this rate. and all of europe is going and now the USA is going to be shut for at least another 2 weeks i would expect. plus south america is starting to get increasing growth to infection rates also...

https://www.revenue.ie/en/companies-...l-oil-tax.aspx
kenyard is offline  
Advertisement
30-03-2020, 13:06   #171
Invincible
Registered User
 
Invincible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,846
Casey's Roscommon had kerosene @44.9/L at pump last week.
Invincible is online now  
30-03-2020, 15:51   #172
wassie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc19 View Post
The nice thing about oil prices coming down is it really only affects the middle east and Russia, so no guilt in waiting for lower prices

Geopolitics in play as the US shale industry is crippled with a break even of $45/barrel.
wassie is offline  
30-03-2020, 16:05   #173
savemejebus
Registered User
 
savemejebus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,917
Top oil in Galway are doing 1000l for €490 over the phone. Driver said to me they were selling for €500 from the trucks.
savemejebus is offline  
(3) thanks from:
30-03-2020, 19:29   #174
billbond4
Registered User
 
billbond4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,168
Ordered on Sunday, delivered this afternoon 1000l in Athlone from local fuels
billbond4 is offline  
Advertisement
30-03-2020, 19:52   #175
Darc19
Registered User
 
Darc19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyard View Post
crude oil is down to 20 a barrel at the moment. 17 year low.
just looking at the government taxes per litre. i see petrol is @55c/l (I assume diesel is also the same).
is the home heating oil taxed at 14.5c/l or is it 0?

heating oil should surely drop to 45c/l or even 40 at this rate. and all of europe is going and now the USA is going to be shut for at least another 2 weeks i would expect. plus south america is starting to get increasing growth to infection rates also...

https://www.revenue.ie/en/companies-...l-oil-tax.aspx
Remember you need to turn raw oil into kerosene. It also has to be transported and then you also have operating costs. All that is about 20c a litre. Carbon tax and 13.5% vat brings it to about 28c

Brent oil is currently 15c a litre (17c Inc vat)

So that's 45c/litre.

So you should see €450/1000 litres or lower.

Loads of places at €500 now, so don't pay more than that

Last edited by Darc19; 30-03-2020 at 20:16.
Darc19 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
30-03-2020, 21:05   #176
Arthur Daley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,264
If you buy in April heading into the summer are there any issues with that sitting in the tank until winter or even into early next year depending on use?
Arthur Daley is offline  
30-03-2020, 21:05   #177
Tzardine
Registered User
 
Tzardine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,706
At just under €500 today thats a nice drop from the OP of €640 at the start of the month, and still a bit to go it seems.
Tzardine is offline  
30-03-2020, 21:07   #178
bigboss1986
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 610
Since I opened this thread oil dropped 140euro to 500euro for 1000 litres today with texoil (Galway).New tax is going to kick in on 1st may so Im going to wait until max 20th and then fill my tank.
TopOil Galway still at 585(without discount code)so they have to drop their rates as well

Last edited by bigboss1986; 30-03-2020 at 21:10.
bigboss1986 is offline  
30-03-2020, 21:12   #179
SCOOP 64
Registered User
 
SCOOP 64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Daley View Post
If you buy in April heading into the summer are there any issues with that sitting in the tank until winter or even into early next year depending on use?

Always done it never had a problem, off when it gets warmer (summer) on when colder Sep/Oct.
SCOOP 64 is offline  
Thanks from:
30-03-2020, 21:29   #180
Bass Reeves
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 6,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Daley View Post
If you buy in April heading into the summer are there any issues with that sitting in the tank until winter or even into early next year depending on use?
My tank when empty takes 1100 litres, it last 13 months I never fill until it is empty so over the last 25+ years I have filled it at some stage nearly every months of the year never had an issue no matter when I filled it. Always used kerosene as it a Stanley cooker it runs
Bass Reeves is online now  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet