Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Silent Majority

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Yes

Eh no we're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

con747 wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll

This is my thread.
    If you don't like it, don't click on it.
    Do not post further replies on this thread.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Scoondal wrote: »
    This is my thread.
    Thank you.

Who's the Nazi now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭con747

This is my thread.
    Thank you.

Yes Sir:D

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭con747

Would a MOD somewhere please close this sh*te down.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

Okay, maybe the silent majority should just go back to being silent. We don't need to tell the world what we are doing because if everyone does it the social welfare will wise up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Then apply for every grant, payment and social benefits that I will become entitled to.
    I am fifty years old. I paid a lot in so now it's time to withdraw my benefits. Pay back time. I won't be treated like dirt anymore just because I was a sole trader.

Do that! Apply for everything you're entitled to, that's what you're supposed to do. The self-employed do deserve better, that has always been a problem. I know self-employed people who are going to be screwed over by this virus as they get very little in the way of social protection. I think there should be more protection, but people will call that dirty lefty communist talk and call for more of the every man for himself approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

con747 wrote: »
    Would a MOD somewhere please close this sh*te down.

+100,000

I have applied for the emergency job seekers allowance because I have lost my 10 hours a week job.
    What else ... Dependant tax credit for 2019... Revenue have not responded for 6 weeks about this. (€500 due to me).
    On 1 January 2021, we will qualify for G.P. visit cards.
    I was self employed for 11 years, during the recession in Ireland and was treated like dirt by Revenue. I paid PAYE taxes from 1988 to 2007.
    I am now 51 years old, so it's payback time.
    I will not be treated like a never-ending source of taxes that will be wasted on useless things in Ireland. If I qualify for any payment, I intend to receive it and will constantly contact Revenue for my tax back and constantly follow up Social Welfare who treat new applicants badly.

Advertisement